SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

NBA and NHL are pretty different though. Much more parity in hockey. An 8 seed has a legitimate chance at winning the Stanley cup. I don't think that's true in the NBA. You're better off finishing with a top 5 pick than making the playoffs as a 7 or 8. The tanking is embarrassing but kind of the smart thing to do. Pray you can sign a star or draft one.

The draft is another thing. Look at the red wings. Their best players are late round draft picks. You're not likely to find a star in basketball even in the late first round.

Oklahoma City could end up a 7 or 8 seed because of injuries they have had and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they won the NBA Championship but most years I think you are right.

Roy sends McLeod out with 15 seconds left to take a run at Granlund right as the puck as dropped good to see Coyle step up and fight him then Landeskog punches Koivu by leaning over the barrier between benches. Hopefully some fines and suspensions coming for Roy and his dirty team.

• Upvote 1

Roy sends McLeod out with 15 seconds left to take a run at Granlund right as the puck as dropped good to see Coyle step up and fight him then Landeskog punches Koivu by leaning over the barrier between benches. Hopefully some fines and suspensions coming for Roy and his dirty team.

I love hockey and the NHL (I might watch the T-Wolves on occasion but that's about the extent for the most part), believe me, but that's why it will forever in the U.S. stay #4 of the four major league sports, bush league/WWF stuff like that and maybe at worst a slap on the wrist.

Never gets old over there.

I think I counted at least five different threads (one involving MN/MSU, another involving the WIld/Avalanche, can't remember the others) where some sort of fracas was met with a snarky comment about North Dakota and its present/former players and/or head coach.  Funny, though, absolutely nobody responded to me calling out Boyd for throwing himself into the boards behind the net following a slight push by an MSU player, which resulted in Seth Ambroz wanting to tear a Spartan's head off in retaliation.  Mission accomplished, though, Boyd, the ref bought it hook, line, and sinker, and called a penalty on MSU. 

Strike that, one poster did PM me and tell me he did agree that Boyd totally sold that hit.  He looked like he had been hit by a Mack truck the way he slammed into the boards.  Quite funny - wish I had the video and could post it somewhere. 

Back on topic, Patrick Roy and Colorado:  20 years of classless hockey dating back to the Claude Lemieux hit on Kris Draper. 

All the Wild do is win. Avs are a bunch of hacks. Love it when Patrick Wah looks like a classless POS. The team reflects what a complete ass he is.

Pathetic display by Roy and the Avs.

Pathetic display by Roy and the Avs.

The NHL should have fined him 15 minutes after his first game as head coach ended - the one against Anaheim where he almost broke the bench divider while frothing at the mouth trying to get at Bruce Boudreau.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y2OOc6WTrg

• Upvote 1

Would not mind seeing the Wild/Preds kick off the playoffs first round. Would love to wear my #7 Cullen road white sweater to the X.

not out of the question that the wild pass both winnipeg and chi and play the blues in first round.  chi has been on a downward spiral since new years day and just lost kane for the rest of the regular season.

not out of the question that the wild pass both winnipeg and chi and play the blues in first round. chi has been on a downward spiral since new years day and just lost kane for the rest of the regular season.

Laugher....chi will be ok.
  • Upvote 1

Agreed. We'll see how good the Wild are in March with a tougher schedule.

Obviously they have to cool down a bit. They are 14-3-2 since Dubnyk came along. Doubt they match that record again but oh how I would love it if they came close to it.

Could never...and I mean never...get myself to buy that home green one. Just atrocious.

I totally agree. The Wild have the ugliest uniforms in hockey, especially the red with the green, followed closely by the green with the red. I frankly don't understand why so many people who are Sioux fans like the Wild. In addition to the ugliest uniforms, the announcers are Kevin Gorg and Anthony LaPanta, 2 Gopher homers. Every time I see Gorg I want to either barf or hit him in the face. Plus, they have the same fans as the Gophers, which is the biggest reason I want the Gophers to lose. I have nothing against the Gopher players, but the fans are beyond annoying. Finally, they are probably the most boring team in the NHL to any objective observer. With all due respect to Zach Parise (who I admire and love to watch), the Wild is a team of plumbers and play the most boring style in hockey.

• Upvote 4

I totally agree. The Wild have the ugliest uniforms in hockey, especially the red with the green, followed closely by the green with the red. I frankly don't understand why so many people who are Sioux fans like the Wild. In addition to the ugliest uniforms, the announcers are Kevin Gorg and Anthony LaPanta, 2 Gopher homers. Every time I see Gorg I want to either barf or hit him in the face. Plus, they have the same fans as the Gophers, which is the biggest reason I want the Gophers to lose. I have nothing against the Gopher players, but the fans are beyond annoying. Finally, they are probably the most boring team in the NHL to any objective observer. With all due respect to Zach Parise (who I admire and love to watch), the Wild is a team of plumbers and play the most boring style in hockey.

Just a few Sioux fans live, or grew up, in the Twin Cities--that might be a reason.