SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

No one gives two shyts about UND football. 

It's a bit different in Fargo in case you haven't noticed.

Media expectations.

What?  They have never held a presser about a future game before.  Your argument is completely wrong.  

UND didn't even hold a presser for such a HUGE game but NDSU did for a game they do not care about (supposedly).  If NDSU didn't care about the game why did they hold a presser?  

Essentially your saying that signing a contract with UND was bigger media wise than when they inked Minnesota, K-State, etc. 

Media expectations.

I'm sitting at Sanford in Fargo right now. I have heard plenty of talk about UND football today. Between demanding the two games in Fargo and the quotes from the press conference today, To the casual fan in Fargo, FU is coming off looking like they did everything they could to avoid UND.

• Upvote 2

Media expectations.

This one made me chuckle. Hate to spoil your joke here....but nobody outside of small town schools even knows the FCS exists.  Second tier football is tough to watch unless it's the only thing to watch I guess.  When does hockey start up? 

Sorry to all the UND football fans...but this is an accurate statement.  I just hate hearing Bison fans think they are some sort of top tier football team. Top tier football teams play in top tier leagues.

• Upvote 1

What?  They have never held a presser about a future game before.  Your argument is completely wrong.  

UND didn't even hold a presser for such a HUGE game but NDSU did for a game they do not care about (supposedly).  If NDSU didn't care about the game why did they hold a presser?  

Can you read for comprehension?!

As I posted earlier, have a quick presser to handle the media and get back to focusing on beating "ANOTHER" FCS/Big 12 team and ANOTHER national championship run.  We did not want this to be a distraction and have multiple media asking the same questions to coaches as they are focusing on practices and preparing our team. Easier to just have a quick presser and be done with issue. Pretty simple really.

No need for UND to have a presser because their focus is much less lofty--like win more than 4 games or something.

I'm sitting at Sanford in Fargo right now. I have heard plenty of talk about UND football today. Between demanding the two games in Fargo and the quotes from the press conference today, To the casual fan in Fargo, FU is coming off looking like they did everything they could to avoid UND.

And I'm sure they did. They would much rather play an FBS team but those teams are shying away from them for good reason.

This one made me chuckle. Hate to spoil your joke here....but nobody outside of small town schools even knows the FCS exists.  Second tier football is tough to watch unless it's the only thing to watch I guess.  When does hockey start up? 

Sorry to all the UND football fans...but this is an accurate statement.

From what I gather, UND hockey has been pretty second tier (in a 54 team league) of late save for that lucky run at the end of last year. 

Amirite?!

Could be, but not to fans in the know.  It's not so much the game I didn't want but, rather, the shyte show that comes with it from Forks!!

And I'm sure they did. They would much rather play an FBS team but those teams are shying away from them for good reason.

I was unaware you could only schedule one non conference game per season. How does scheduling UND affect their other non conference scheduling. Another excuse

From what I gather, UND hockey has been pretty second tier (in a 54 team league) of late save for that lucky run at the end of last year. 

Amirite?!

Haha, not really.  Nice try.  Don't get me wrong, I do like the small school rivalries and all and did cheer for the Bison to win those FCS natty's, however, Bison fans telling Sioux fans their teams are garbage is like the JV Mandan team telling the JV Langdon teams they are garbage.  I just thought it was comical.  There is only one top tier college sport in ND and that's at UND and it's hockey.

...I strongly doubt that.  You guys had your run full of seniors but that can't continue.  It was a nice run though.

When I heard NDSU called a press conference I thought for sure it was because they were basically firing their women/s athletic director today.  She has lead their women's basketball and volleyball teams to such great success lately you know.    Did they even mention that situation?  Their athletic director had lots of problems if I remember.

Could be, but not to fans in the know. It's not so much the game I didn't want but, rather, the shyte show that comes with it from Forks!!

When the contract was signed, why should UND have to wait to announce it? We have a game a week from today. Get the announcement out of the way and move on.

Plus, the breaking news came from the Fargo media. You sure UND leaked it.

Haha, not really.  Nice try.  Don't get me wrong, I do like the small school rivalries and all and did cheer for the Bison to win those FCS natty's, however, Bison fans telling Sioux fans their teams are garbage is like the JV Mandan team telling the JV Langdon teams they are garbage.  I just thought it was comical.  There is only one top tier college sport in ND and that's at UND and it's hockey.

You are a perfect example of a UND sports fan. HOCKEY and arrogance, and treating your football team as a redheaded step child.

And some of you wonder why your football team sucks!! 

• Upvote 2

When I heard NDSU called a press conference I thought for sure it was because they were basically firing their women/s athletic director today.  She has lead their women's basketball and volleyball teams to such great success lately you know.    Did they even mention that situation?  Their athletic director had lots of problems if I remember.

I think we just want her to pack her bag and exit out the back door really--it has been as bad or worse than you suggest.

So I got nothin'!!

Can you read for comprehension?!

As I posted earlier, have a quick presser to handle the media and get back to focusing on beating "ANOTHER" FCS/Big 12 team and ANOTHER national championship run.  We did not want this to be a distraction and have multiple media asking the same questions to coaches as they are focusing on practices and preparing our team. Easier to just have a quick presser and be done with issue. Pretty simple really.

No need for UND to have a presser because their focus is much less lofty--like win more than 4 games or something.

A press release would have accomplished what you are talking about.  The press conference was more than what was needed.  Can you say, "Overcompensation"?

You are a perfect example of a UND sports fan. HOCKEY and arrogance, and treating your football team as a redheaded step child.

And some of you wonder why your football team sucks!! 

I'm not going to lose sleep over it.  From what I have read here the arrogance is coming from the Bison fans.  Like I said earlier, I cheered for the Bison to win those natty's. More out of pride for the state.  I am more of a D-1A football fan.  I simply think it's a good idea for these two teams to play.  I just find it odd there could be such arrogance from a fanbase at this level of play.  This decision seems obvious to me, however by no means am I an FCS expert.  Done trolling :)