SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

This is a terrible deal.

BF has officially legitimized the insecurity and low self esteem image of the football program.  He would laugh at an offer like this in ANY other sport, but he is now whoring out the football program.  It is a slap in the face to every player that has worn the helmet at UND.

To the ac, to our conference mates in the BSC, and to any observer of FCS football nationally, in doing this the UND football program looks only marginally more valuable than the d2 patsy you bring in for a W, as they are about the only other program to whom you would consider offering such awful terms.

Essentially what BF has done here is dumped his product on the market at below cost in an effort to get rid of it in the hopes that someday he can make it up on volume.  The problem with that is it shows how little value you really see in the product and they've given you no assurances of future business.  I believe this product (football program) has value and is gaining in value every day.  Every year the value increases the team gets harder to ignore.  This game was gonna happen in time anyway.  There was no need to do this.

I really hope the team doesn't get embarrassed down there next season because that will make the prospect of that second game, WITH NO GUARANTEE OF A RETURN GAME, all the more disgusting.

Grow up and look a little deeper into the issue.  The reason why UND would even agree to this is because of how standoffish RT was in 2003.  Time for UND to help bury the hatchet and play them down there.  And make a nice chunk of change in the process.  

• Upvote 4

This is a joke. Faison should resign immediately. I guess we can plan for a future of zero non-conference home games with other FCS schools and below market guarantee games. We pretty much have zero leverage to schedule games against meaningful opponents now. I know Bubba wanted this to happen but sometimes it's your job as the AD to see the bigger picture.

Do we even know for sure it's 2 in Fargo yet?

I was originally on board with everyone else in wanting a home and home or nothing with the Ag school, but just getting the game done has some level of importance too....

Still hoping for 2015 in Fargo and 2019 in GF

Two things:

1) why get embarrassed? NDSU will be further inexperienced next season while UND will have every single contributor from this season returning. Let's go for the win and chance the state's perception.

2) I'm still holding out hope for a home and home; 2015 in Fargo and 2019 in Grand Forks...

That is the ONLY way this deal makes any sense.

Grow up and look a little deeper into the issue.  The reason why UND would even agree to this is because of how standoffish RT was in 2003.  Time for UND to help bury the hatchet and play them down there.  And make a nice chunk of change in the process.  

I believe the last reported offer was less than they paid Ferris St.

Two things:

1) why get embarrassed? NDSU will be further inexperienced next season while UND will have every single contributor from this season returning. Let's go for the win and chance the state's perception.

2) I'm still holding out hope for a home and home; 2015 in Fargo and 2019 in Grand Forks...

1) I didn't predict embarrassment. I said I hope they don't...and when do you ever not go for the win?  If BF cared about perception he wouldn't have signed this stinking piece of crap.

2) BF was offered and signed (reportedly) a 2 game road deal with no return.  You are hoping for a unicorn.

I believe the last reported offer was less than they paid Ferris St.

Did Ferris State spend around $5,000 total to travel down on the day of?  No, they spent 100K on a charter and maybe made $75K total.  

UND will clear $170,000 (roughly) in this deal, which is more than they will clear by flying all the way to San Jose State, or Fresno, or Idaho.

1) I didn't predict embarrassment. I said I hope they don't...and when do you ever not go for the win? If BF cared about perception he wouldn't have signed this stinking piece of crap.

2) BF was offered and signed (reportedly) a 2 game road deal with no return. You are hoping for a unicorn.

As the football coaches and alumni realize, this game needs to be played. If that means playing it in Fargo, then so be it I guess.

Bottom line is UND now gets a chance to beat NDSU head-to-head, something a ton of b*tching and bickering back and forth would never accomplish.

In order to turn the tables and ease regional recruiting, UND needs to beat NDSU and change the region's perception of UND and NDSU; Bubba knows this and that's why he wants the game played.

Sitting and arguing for years is only hurting UND more than anything else. It's time to be proactive and be the better and bigger institution...

• Upvote 4

This is very disappointing.  I am fine with playing FU again.  But to agree to two consecutive games in Fargo is ridiculous.  What's next?  A splash page at UND's website proclaiming NDSU as the top university in North Dakota?  Might as well play all the other sports in Fargo too I guess.  What a slap in the face to the Grand Forks community and UND Alumni.

I'm sure the community of GF and the alumni of UND would much rather have Valpo, Stetson or Davidson come to town to fill next year's open date......................

• Upvote 1

What does that even mean?  That BF somehow feels bad that the AD that left in 2005 was standoffish, so now you owe them something?

If BF is making decisions based on that, then I would change my opinion that he should keep his job.

This is very disappointing. I am fine with playing FU again. But to agree to two consecutive games in Fargo is ridiculous. What's next? A splash page at UND's website proclaiming NDSU as the top university in North Dakota? Might as well play all the other sports in Fargo too I guess. What a slap in the face to the Grand Forks community and UND Alumni.

I believe anyone with this mindset implicitly believes UND will not win either game. However, if you view the games as an opportunity to truthfully go into Fargo and beat the Ag school in front of their insane fan base, you've now done something huge for the state of UND football.

That's what Bubba wants and I agree with him. Just too bad it won't be a home and home...

IMO, just playing the game is more important than the setting details of the first 2-game contract signed.

This is the only way to get back on top. If we have to go there give times in a row that's fine. It's a necessary evil to restore our rightful place as número uno. Get over it and get excited, once everyone gets a taste it will happen often and with actual home and home contracts. This is great news for us, not for them.

• Upvote 2

What does that even mean? That BF somehow feels bad that the AD that left in 2005 was standoffish, so now you owe them something?

If BF is making decisions based on that, then I would change my opinion that he should keep his job.

Game needs to be played. If being the bigger instution and stepping up to the plate is necessary, then so be it.

Like Bubba said in the press release, rivalry games are apart of college football. It's gone on being absent too long.

Now we can finally focus on kicking the Ag school's a*s head to head.

Did Ferris State spend around $5,000 total to travel down on the day of?  No, they spent 100K on a charter and maybe made $75K total.  

UND will clear $170,000 (roughly) in this deal, which is more than they will clear by flying all the way to San Jose State, or Fresno, or Idaho.

Using your math, Ferris would've made $150,000 had they played 2 games.  Is UND worth just $20,000 more than Ferris St. in your mind?  This deal is an embarrassment and anyone who thinks ndsu will reciprocate on the next deal is foolish.

Game needs to be played. If being the bigger instution and stepping up to the plate is necessary, then so be it.

Like Bubba said in the press release, rivalry games are apart of college football. It's gone on being absent too long.

Now we can finally focus on kicking the Ag school's a*s head to head.

All that is still true if you agree on a 3rd game at the Alerus some future date.  Wouldn't even need to be spelled out yet.  Just SOMETHING to indicate UND will get a home game in exchange for going on the road twice.

Nope.

• Upvote 1

Using your math, Ferris would've made $150,000 had they played 2 games.  Is UND worth just $20,000 more than Ferris St. in your mind?  This deal is an embarrassment and anyone who thinks ndsu will reciprocate on the next deal is foolish.

The ac did something with the Ferris St offer and negotiation that is lacking here: respect

Just because they want to treat you like a piece of s**t doesn't mean you have to agree and reply "thank you sir may I have another?".