SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

Anybody CFB fan worth their salt knows national Championships are hard to come by. NDSU caught lightening in a bottle. Championships run in cycles. Look at TX, LA , AL, and FL. Look at the runs they made. And at that time THEIR fans thought it would go on forever but it never does. Some programs have peaks and valleys. NDSU is more like ups and downs with no valleys. NDSU has only had 3 losing seasons in 50 years. Why do you have to keep bemoaning that we wont be on top forever? We know that. But we also know that it is unlikely the Bison will go in the toilet.

Keep hanging your hat on that 3-8 season. Its doesnt happen often.

Ahh poor Bison fan got offended. Go back to Bisonville if you don't like the criticism on a UND board!

Ahh poor Bison fan got offended. Go back to Bisonville if you don't like the criticism on a UND board!

I rarely get offended. Criticism? More like whining. If you would have actually read what I posted you would have seen I was agreeing with you. Except for the continual whining of course.

But it showed UND was down in the mid 80's and climbed to the top, don't think we will stay down forever, just like you won't be at the top forever. All dynasties come to an end.

As a fan of a team who has had 3 seperate dynasties... Im aware of how it works.

As a fan of a team who has had 3 seperate dynasties... Im aware of how it works.

Lower tier divisions don't have dynasties. They have streaks.

Now, do you hear that buzzer? Listen...

That means your break is over. Time to pull the fries out of the boiling grease.

• Upvote 3

Lower tier divisions don't have dynasties. They have streaks.

Now, do you hear that buzzer? Listen...

That means your break is over. Time to pull the fries out of the boiling grease.

I did work at the Dairy Queen for about 6 months back in high school.

Dom Izzo ‏@DomIzzoWDAY · 9m

BREAKING: #NDSU will host Eastern Washington in September 2016, with #Bison going to Cheney September 2017

Flame on.

Now Bison fans have a decision to make...6 home games or schedule an FBS game in 2017. We know they NEED that 6th home game.

• Upvote 1

Trollolol this is so fun. On a 1 to 10 how much does this irk you ?

0 I just love the excuses FU fans and now their former AD will come up with to AVOID playing UND. UND needs 1 game for '15, '17 and '18. No worries.

Sure seems.... Like your at about a 5 or 6.

I gave up for a UND/FU game, you can only hear so many BS excuses not to play before it sounds like a broken record. They can meet in the playoffs but unlike the UND hockey team we aren't going to save a spot for FU. If an FCS team wants to play us sign them up.

Sure seem to be a lot of BSC teams on the NDSU schedule here of late. I thought that the BSC was out of the footprint, too much travel, etc.

Maybe SiouxVolley is onto something and NDSU is trying to cozy up to Fullerton's flock just in case.

• Upvote 2

I'm not sure I've seen a situation like this before. One team will grant home and homes to teams all over the country, but just can't seem to get it done with the one team that is begging for the game 80 miles away.

• Upvote 1

Also you gotta love it when the Bison fan base gets real excited for a future road game. Playing a Big Sky team at a Big Sky location apparently is pretty exciting. I thought they didn't like the Big Sky..

They did until the SECOND time they got denied entry.

Also you gotta love it when the Bison fan base gets real excited for a future road game. Playing a Big Sky team at a Big Sky location apparently is pretty exciting. I thought they didn't like the Big Sky..

Exciting because of the events that unfolded on the last trip. And EW is usually pretty good.

Gene Taylor will go down in history as the administrator who was afraid to take his football team to Grand Forks. He was so afraid to sign a deal for a game at UND that he ended up looking phony. He talked in circles so many times about why he could never get the game scheduled that he just kept looking more ridiculous all the time. A person could write a book about all the different reasons why the game didn't happen. The only problem was for every reason he said the game didn't happen he did just the contrary with another school. Definitely a black mark on his legacy. It is sad when hatred affects your ability to make wise decisions for what most of the people of North Dakota want.

• Upvote 2

The 2015 date was conveniently still left open. Won't be surprised if a deal is signed for 2015 in Fargo and 2019 in Grand Forks. That allows NDSU to Grand Forks in a 12 game season. Not real concerned about it either way.