SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

This many trolls on here trying to spin their talking points seems to be coordinated. Is there the same contingent of UND fans over on bville doing this?

I am not going to look because I will not go over there. Why? Because I do not care! I am not for the game, but at the same time I am not against the game.

You trolls talk all high and mighty but the fact that you are over here trying to argue your point about this tells me that you all care and want this game to happen. You will not sway any opinions over here. Trying to do that is like trying to argue with an environmentalist about global warming. No win situation.

We will not take a crappy one game deal. The home and home with Weber effectively killed any prospects of a one game deal.

Actually no, i haven't seen any UND fans posting in their "future schedules" to come back what is being thrown out there. You have Lakes who thinks NDSU should stay away from UND due to the t-shirt scandal calling UND fans racists. You have a Bison fan making fun of UND's scheduling calling it "easy" because we have low attendance (still more than Weber), less wins (still more than Weber), and FBS teams aren't threatened by UND because we have zero FBS wins (that must be why SDSU can easily schedule FBS teams because they have zero wins). NDSU is having a hard time filling theirs because the FBS is scared they may lose, and no FCS team wants to play them. Bunch of funny sh-t over there.

• Upvote 1

Actually no, i haven't seen any UND fans posting in their "future schedules" to come back what is being thrown out there. You have Lakes who thinks NDSU should stay away from UND due to the t-shirt scandal calling UND fans racists. You have a Bison fan making fun of UND's scheduling calling it "easy" because we have low attendance (still more than Weber), less wins (still more than Weber), and FBS teams aren't threatened by UND because we have zero FBS wins (that must be why SDSU can easily schedule FBS teams because they have zero wins). NDSU is having a hard time filling theirs because the FBS is scared they may lose, and no FCS team wants to play them. Bunch of funny sh-t over there.

UND fans being called racist by the fans who chant 'Sioux suck' at all their games...that's rich...

Nah, Darrell, they're way too cordial toward each other to be rivals.

That's right, UNI is NDSU's rival. The hatred there is unbelievable, with the multiple UNI smack threads on BV. There's a new thread born everyday in their football section...oh wait it's UND.

No I get it just fine. You seem to like the FBS analogies, so I'll use this one. We are the Alabama of FCS, UND is Indiana. I don't see those two schools ever agreeing to a home/home. I don't care if NDSU and UND happen to be in the same state.

This is the problem with your fan base: You actually think you will be undefeated forever and ever. College sports is cyclical. What is true now is not necessarily true next year or five years or ten years from now. It wasn't long ago you guys couldn't give tickets away to your home games. That could happen again and, deep down, you know that.

I honestly don't care if we play FU in FB again. If it happens in the playoffs, so be it. But until then, goodbye and good luck.

I don't understand the "don't care if we ever play again" talk. I want to kick the living !@$! out of these clowns! I am from the Jim Kleinsaucy era; I love this game and want it played.

You are proving my point, you don't freaking get it. You are not Notre Dame, you are not Alabama and you are not Florida State. You are not what you think you are. And that is why the game won't happen. And I will sleep at night just fine.

No we aren't Alabama or Notre Dame. But we are the Alabama of the FCS. Do you see Alabama agreeing to home and home's with Idaho or Ball State? No they don't. So why should NDSU be pressured into scheduling a h/h with UND?

• Upvote 1

I kind of figured the UND fans weren't over there in mass, thanks for confirming. Sounds like an entertaining read, but I get plenty of that here!

Does anyone really believe there leaving?

I find it funny to, that NDSU will go on the road to play a team with a worse record and less attendance than UND, but for some reason we aren't on the same level as you. NDSU = Weber State :huh:

Hey Oxbow, two of your own have grammatical errors. Aren't you going to call them out? Maybe you can't find them?

No we aren't Alabama or Notre Dame. But we are the Alabama of the FCS. Do you see Alabama agreeing to home and home's with Idaho or Ball State? No they don't. So why should NDSU be pressured into scheduling a h/h with UND?

No but Alabama would do a h/h with Auburn if they were in different conferences.

He must recognize the improvement trend that UND has already exemplified under Bubba Schweighert.

And what exactly is that trend? That his offense looks much better playing against his horrid defense or that is defense looks much improved playing against his horrid offense? Bubba is not a the savior all of you people think he is, and NDSU isn't going to turn into a sub 500 team because Bohl left. Are you saying he didn't care enough about SIU to put a good product on the field, but now that he is at UND they will be contending for National titles?

• Upvote 1

And what exactly is that trend? That his offense looks much better playing against his horrid defense or that is defense looks much improved playing against his horrid offense? Bubba is not a the savior all of you people think he is, and NDSU isn't going to turn into a sub 500 team because Bohl left. Are you saying he didn't care enough about SIU to put a good product on the field, but now that he is at UND they will be contending for National titles?

You guys must have said the same thing about Roger Thomas.

This is the problem with your fan base: You actually think you will be undefeated forever and ever. College sports is cyclical. What is true now is not necessarily true next year or five years or ten years from now. It wasn't long ago you guys couldn't give tickets away to your home games. That could happen again and, deep down, you know that.

I honestly don't care if we play FU in FB again. If it happens in the playoffs, so be it. But until then, goodbye and good luck.

Well, you'll have to excuse me but we have been towards the top of every division we've played in for 50 years. Eleven national championships under 6 different head coaches. Have there been bumps in the road? Of course. But I think 500+ games is a fairly large sample size and gives me confidence that NDSU football will continue to be at the top for the foreseeable future.

• Upvote 1

You do realize that Alabama hasn't always been as good as they are now, right? Before Saban came they were terrible. As others have said, sports go in cycles. Alabama, Notre Dame, Michigan, USC, Texas, Florida State and you can go on and on. They come in and have a dominant 5-10 year period and then next thing you know they are awful for a 5-10 year period. Thats just how it is. Typically, when a team is great for an extended period players will become complacent, assistant coaches get poached, head coaches take positions at a higher level and teams start gunning for you.

• Upvote 1

Well, you'll have to excuse me but we have been towards the top of every division we've played in for 50 years. Eleven national championships under 6 different head coaches. Have there been bumps in the road? Of course. But I think 500+ games is a fairly large sample size and gives me confidence that NDSU football will continue to be at the top for the foreseeable future.

Let's see how Klieman and replacing your mighty seniors goes first...

• Upvote 1

Bubba is exactly the savior we think he is. He has a tremendous amount of passion for the University of North Dakota; much more than Klieman has for NDSU. Furthermore, Bubba was apart of SIU teams that beat NDSU and consistently posted winning records - UND supporters will take that over Mussman any day. Just watch as UND improves year after year. Recruiting in the local states (ND, MN, WI) is an emphasis now; it will help UND and hurt NDSU. Replacing Bohl and all those seniors will not be a walk in the park like all you blind Ag School fans think it will be.

• Upvote 1

Bubba is exactly the savior we think he is. He has a tremendous amount of passion for the University of North Dakota; much more than Klieman has for NDSU. Furthermore, Bubba was apart of SIU teams that beat NDSU and consistently posted winning records - UND supporters will take that over Mussman any day. Just watch as UND improves year after year. Recruiting in the local states (ND, MN, WI) is an emphasis now; it will help UND and hurt NDSU. Replacing Bohl and all those seniors will not be a walk in the park like all you blind Ag School fans think it will be.

And it wont be as bad as you are hoping it will be.

Those SIU teams were 1-5 against NDSU with Bubba leading the defense.

Defense could be as good as the last few years, the offense will depend on QB play. If QB plays well then we'll be in good shape. Injuries are always a concern, and that's something you guys should worry about as thin as your team will be.