SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

Where are all the _______ (you can fill in the blank not sure what you are calling yourselves this year) fans over the last 10 years? Like I said lots of empty seats in the potato warehouse you play in.

Say...aren't you supposed to be on your way over to mow my lawn?? Hurry up...............

• Upvote 1

When it comes right down to it. Taylor acts like he wants to play the game. The reality of it is he makes offers that he knows UND won't accept and it would appear to most people he really isn't negotiating. He actions and the schedules he ends up coming up with for NDSU don't match the words he speaks. He is all over the board with his words and actions. It is safe to say that to a lot of people he has come off looking a little hypocritical. Because of his actions his integrity has taken a hit in a lot of people's eyes.

Originally Posted by Bison03 viewpost-right.png

That is the biggest thing about this article that I think most UND fans fail to see or understand. They seem to think that in 2011 that a deal was made, it wasn't. Then almost 2 years later, Faison finally said they should sign a deal. When Taylor says no to that deal, UND fans think Taylor is backing out. Do they not understand that circumstances change over time? When NDSU first moved to DI, we needed games because of being in a 5 team Great West Conference. Taylor offered UND a 4 game contract with 2 games at each school; to keep the rivalry going. UND turned it down because they felt it would give an unfair advantage due to more scholarships and because of how the playoff commitee viewed playing DIAA games. UND was doing what was best for UND. In 2007, when UND moved up to DI, they desperately needed games because they were in the same 5 team Great West Conference. Faison wanted to play every year in order to fill their schedule. UND was doing what was best for UND. Taylor turned down that deal because he wanted NDSU to have more home games and an FBS game every year for revenue reasons. NDSU was doing what was best for NDSU. In April of 2011, NDSU was not selling out the dome, creating a waiting list for thousands of people for season tickets, and had yet to win an FCS championship yet. At that time, teams were willing to come to the dome for reasonable guarantees to play. I'm sure Taylor figured it would be easy to get a non conference home games or two at an affordable price in the future and therefore able to sign a home and home where the Bison could go to GF in 2017. NDSU was doing what was best for NDSU. The deal was never signed for unknown reasons. Fast forward to January 2013. NDSU is coming off back to back national championship seasons and sold out home games for 2 years. Teams are harder to get to come to Fargo to play non conference games. Georiga Southern had bought out a game and soon Montana State would buy out as well. Taylor even says as much when he says, “A lot has changed since 2010 with our ticket demands and revenue number we need to generate out of football." Taylor makes getting 6 home games as well as an FBS game a priority, not scheduling UND. Maybe in 2017, Taylor wants to keep as many dates open as possible so that they can get to that 6 home game goal. Wanting a home game with UND in 2017 as well then makes sense. NDSU was doing what was best for NDSU. Fast forward again to last week where Taylor again offered for just one game in Fargo next year. Taylor wanted to just get the rivalry started again. Faison rejected the deal either because he didn't like that the guarantee had lowered or that he more then likely wanted the return game so they could sell out the Alerus with increased ticket prices, therefore making more money. UND was doing what was best for UND. So it is not just Gene Taylor that is in the minds of UND fans being selfish. Both AD's have the interest of their schools and athletic departments in mind when figuring out a deal. UND will do what is best for UND, and NDSU will do what is best for NDSU.

Without a signed contract, a verbal proposition is just that...A proposition.

In business, the terms change constantly...If they can't understand that, it's on them.

That is the biggest thing about this article that I think most UND fans fail to see or understand. They seem to think that in 2011 that a deal was made, it wasn't. Then almost 2 years later, Faison finally said they should sign a deal. When Taylor says no to that deal, UND fans think Taylor is backing out. Do they not understand that circumstances change over time? When NDSU first moved to DI, we needed games because of being in a 5 team Great West Conference. Taylor offered UND a 4 game contract with 2 games at each school; to keep the rivalry going. UND turned it down because they felt it would give an unfair advantage due to more scholarships and because of how the playoff commitee viewed playing DIAA games. UND was doing what was best for UND. In 2007, when UND moved up to DI, they desperately needed games because they were in the same 5 team Great West Conference. Faison wanted to play every year in order to fill their schedule. UND was doing what was best for UND. Taylor turned down that deal because he wanted NDSU to have more home games and an FBS game every year for revenue reasons. NDSU was doing what was best for NDSU. In April of 2011, NDSU was not selling out the dome, creating a waiting list for thousands of people for season tickets, and had yet to win an FCS championship yet. At that time, teams were willing to come to the dome for reasonable guarantees to play. I'm sure Taylor figured it would be easy to get a non conference home games or two at an affordable price in the future and therefore able to sign a home and home where the Bison could go to GF in 2017. NDSU was doing what was best for NDSU. The deal was never signed for unknown reasons. Fast forward to January 2013. NDSU is coming off back to back national championship seasons and sold out home games for 2 years. Teams are harder to get to come to Fargo to play non conference games. Georiga Southern had bought out a game and soon Montana State would buy out as well. Taylor even says as much when he says, “A lot has changed since 2010 with our ticket demands and revenue number we need to generate out of football." Taylor makes getting 6 home games as well as an FBS game a priority, not scheduling UND. Maybe in 2017, Taylor wants to keep as many dates open as possible so that they can get to that 6 home game goal. Wanting a home game with UND in 2017 as well then makes sense. NDSU was doing what was best for NDSU. Fast forward again to last week where Taylor again offered for just one game in Fargo next year. Taylor wanted to just get the rivalry started again. Faison rejected the deal either because he didn't like that the guarantee had lowered or that he more then likely wanted the return game so they could sell out the Alerus with increased ticket prices, therefore making more money. UND was doing what was best for UND. So it is not just Gene Taylor that is in the minds of UND fans being selfish. Both AD's have the interest of their schools and athletic departments in mind when figuring out a deal. UND will do what is best for UND, and NDSU will do what is best for NDSU.

In business, the terms change constantly...If they can't understand that, it's on them.

So all you are going to do is post this same diatribe over and over again? Real creative, but I don't expect much from a graduate of ND Ag College.

Gene needs to slow down and figure out "what is best for NDSU" then. Because he keeps coming up with new things that are "best for NDSU", based on climate change, and then changing his own offer.

What's really funny is looking at the empty seats in the tin shed during one of your football games. I've watched the channel 6 sports and seen it quite frequently. Whats even funnier is we get nearly as many fans to our spring game as you do for a regular season game. Now that is funny!

2013 average attendance:

UND 8357

Weber State 5756

Now is it still funny?

• Upvote 1

Where are all the _______ (you can fill in the blank not sure what you are calling yourselves this year) fans over the last 10 years? Like I said lots of empty seats in the potato warehouse you play in.

Funny how you guys are 0-2 in our empty seated potato warehouse.

It's hilarious.

I find it funny to, that NDSU will go on the road to play a team with a worse record and less attendance than UND, but for some reason we aren't on the same level as you. NDSU = Weber State :huh:

Gene Taylor would be much more credible in all of this save for:

- Taylor proposed a plan, Faison accepted, Taylor backed out of his own offer <-- some would say Taylor reneged on a handshake agreement; poor form in North Dakota

- the home and home he's since scheduled with Weber State <-- don't even try to tell me that a home Weber State game is more valuable than a home UND game to NDSU; and the return game vs UND would be more cost effective (bus, no flight) for NDSU as well; so much for the 'economic circumstances' argument posed

Those two pesky details hurt Taylor's credibility.

Taylor would be better served to just stand up and say he'll never schedule UND under his watch.

I'm sad. I put this out there hoping it would be ripped to shreds; but, a page and a half later and it still seems to stand on it's own merit.

Now that the best class in NDSU history has passed through, I guess its safe for UND to again push for a game. Where is BF's indignation for not getting a softball game scheduled? Why isn't that getting done . . . the state of ND deserves to see some softball.

I'm sad. I put this out there hoping it would be ripped to shreds; but, a page and a half later and it still seems to stand on it's own merit.

Tough to punch holes in a logical presentation of facts....................

Now that the best class in NDSU history has passed through, I guess its safe for UND to again push for a game. Where is BF's indignation for not getting a softball game scheduled? Why isn't that getting done . . . the state of ND deserves to see some softball.

Have you paid attention to the timelines at all? A little bit?

#buttsoftball

I hear you...there is a lot of chatter and angst from residents thru out the state to get this done! :huh:

Reading all about your convicts in the Forum and trying to figure out how they never get convicted or punished.

I didn't realize that softball was a major issue with most. NDSU must average about 13 people for their 3 or 4 home games each year. We need to get that softball issue taken care of before we get to football. It is to bad we aren't playing NDSU in softball. UND beats NDSU in every sport we play them in. Bring it on.

For someone so excited for a UND-NDSU softball game must have been in his cave during this game last fall. http://www.undsports.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=13500&SPID=6392&SPSID=58593

Sept 14. NDSU at UND NDSU 2-0, and 12-1

Nice try.

I think those were exhibition type games. There were last Fall and weren't regular season games. They have played each other even though they were practice type games. So that should appease all those Bison fans that want some kind of game between the two.

Reading all about your convicts in the Forum and trying to figure out how they never get convicted or punished.

GT has not been as successful in your mind "Getting out in Front of It", and "Assuring us that he's handling it Iinternally" as BF has been. That's on this board of course. We really have no idea what either of them are doing in handling discipline internally, but BF is obviously doing it much better than GT, although we have no idea what either of them are doing as I said. Over the last year, it been BF with much more opportunity than GT.

That is the biggest thing about this article that I think most UND fans fail to see or understand. They seem to think that in 2011 that a deal was made, it wasn't. Then almost 2 years later, Faison finally said they should sign a deal. When Taylor says no to that deal, UND fans think Taylor is backing out.

Completely incorrect, but that won't stop you from continuing to repeat it. The article stated that Taylor made an offer in April 2011 and Faison agreed to it saying that the should get together and hammer out the details. A year later, in May 2012, GT told Izzo that they were close to getting the series restarted and Faison confirmed that it was a home/home, meaning they had been in contact figuring things out since neither seemed to have any qualms about what was reported. In January 2013, a contract was drafted and sent to GT with the details they'd been discussing since April 2011.

From May 2012:

Faison’s comments Wednesday came in response to a story from WDAY-TV, which quoted North Dakota State athletic director Gene Taylor on the issue.

“I’ve talked to Brian (Faison). I’ve said, ‘Call me whenever you’re ready to move forward,’ ” Taylor told WDAY. “I think they’ve finally got into a league, finally got a schedule, so I think it’s a matter of sitting down and figuring it out, but their first opportunity is 2015.”

On Wednesday, UND athletic director Brian Faison said the two rivals have tentative dates to renew the series beginning in Fargo in 2015 and then returning to Grand Forks in 2017.

GT has not been as successful in your mind "Getting out in Front of It", and "Assuring us that he's handling it Iinternally" as BF has been. That's on this board of course. We really have no idea what either of them are doing in handling discipline internally, but BF is obviously doing it much better than GT, although we have no idea what either of them are doing as I said. Over the last year, it been BF with much more opportunity than GT.

As far as misdemeanors or felonies?