SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

if you don't give a rip why are you on this site discussing it? I truly don't give a rip about MLS soccer so I have never been on one of their fan sites or bothered to comment on it. Be honest with yourself.

Because your AD keeps running to the Fargo Forum which I do read (unfortunately) trying to negotiate a game via the media and it gets damned old! God what a bunch of whiney _itches move on already.

if you don't give a rip why are you on this site discussing it? I truly don't give a rip about MLS soccer so I have never been on one of their fan sites or bothered to comment on it. Be honest with yourself.

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Gene Taylor would be much more credible in all of this save for:

- Taylor proposed a plan, Faison accepted, Taylor backed out of his own offer <-- some would say Taylor reneged on a handshake agreement; poor form in North Dakota

- the home and home he's since scheduled with Weber State <-- don't even try to tell me that a home Weber State game is more valuable than a home UND game to NDSU; and the return game vs UND would be more cost effective (bus, no flight) for NDSU as well; so much for the 'economic circumstances' argument posed

Those two pesky details hurt Taylor's credibility.

Taylor would be better served to just stand up and say he'll never schedule UND under his watch.

Because your AD keeps running to the Fargo Forum which I do read (unfortunately) trying to negotiate a game via the media and it gets damned old! God what a bunch of whiney _itches move on already.

Name one time Faison spoke to the Fargo Forum in the past year?

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

No, that's brutally honest assessment.

Gene Taylor would be much more credible in all of this save for:

- Taylor proposed a plan, Faison accepted, Taylor backed out of his own offer <-- some would say Taylor reneged on a handshake agreement; poor form in North Dakota

- the home and home he's since scheduled with Weber State <-- don't even try to tell me that a home Weber State game is more valuable than a home UND game to NDSU; and the return game vs UND would be more cost effective (bus, no flight) for NDSU as well; so much for the 'economic circumstances' argument posed

Those two pesky details hurt Taylor's credibility.

Taylor would be better served to just stand up and say he'll never schedule UND under his watch.

Also of note, GT insists they must schedule 6 home games plus an FBS game. Due to a home/home scheduled with Montana, he has already shown a deviation from this requirement in 2015.

How about I help GT out with what will be a shortfall of revenues in 2015 due to him not following his schedule "requirements":

1)Schedule a game with UND (I'm sure Faison will even give him a home/home for helping)

2)Figure out the concept of dynamic pricing

3)Profit

What's really funny is looking at the empty seats in the tin shed during one of your football games. I've watched the channel 6 sports and seen it quite frequently. Whats even funnier is we get nearly as many fans to our spring game as you do for a regular season game. Now that is funny!

I can see why you guys are so desperate to get the 3 time defending FCS champions into the Tin Shed it's the only way Fasion and _nd could fill the place.

Keep changing the subject to meaningless crap when you can't answer questions intelligently. Do you drive a big truck, by chance? Like Dan.

• Upvote 1

Because your AD keeps running to the Fargo Forum which I do read (unfortunately) trying to negotiate a game via the media and it gets damned old!

What are you talking about? Just making $%^@ up again on this one? This is patently false. Everyone at FU and 4-Hexhibit.com just assume Faison went to the media on this one. He didn't. Read the Schlossman articles. OPEN RECORDS REQUESTS.

Man are you full of yourself. Most Bison Fans I know and I know plenty are glad we don't have to put up with your _hit on a yearly basis. It's bad enough watching the circus in the news almost daily about some bufoonery going on up there whether it be with something the school did directly or indirectly. Get over yourself already we don't give a rip about the game and most fans on the NDSU side feel the same.

If you really don't give a rip, this would've/should've been your last post on this site......furthermore you wouldn't even have an account here.

What's really funny is looking at the empty seats in the tin shed during one of your football games. I've watched the channel 6 sports and seen it quite frequently. Whats even funnier is we get nearly as many fans to our spring game as you do for a regular season game. Now that is funny!

Typical SU bumpkin retort. What does this have to do with GT's complete lack of intergrity in this situation? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Now I won't argue with you that attendance for UND FB games has been pathetic the last couple years but to assume UND wants to play NDSU just to fill seats is "funny".

BTW I live in Fargo...you are just one of the many SU clowns that litter this city with ignorance and arrogance.

• Upvote 1

The butthurt is strong over here. Carry on with the circle jerk ladies. Way to funny.

It's "too"...not "to". Good to see your remedial education from the AC is serving you well...or good as you would say.

Some Bison fans bring up that way back GT said he would play a home and home, just not every year. GT also made that statement right after Faison had made quite an issue out of the fact that the game needed to played every year and that was the only way UND would play the game. When GT said that, he new darn well Faison would never accept it. On that day if Faison would of called Taylor's bluff NDSU would of never followed through anyway. The bottom line is that at that moment in time Taylor made a proposition he knew UND would NEVER accept. It was a phony offer.

I have never posted on Bisonville and never will. Why don't you prove how little you care about UND and how you have moved on by moving on and going away for good. Put your money (keyboard) where your mouth is.
  • Upvote 1

All the trump cards? UND is a DI counter how was your Ferris State game? If NDSU was a bubble team that partial credit of a game could've costed you a playoff berth. NDSU is not the FBS, so we don't see you as high and mighty as you see yourself. I guess Montana saw us as equals and agreed to a h/h when we were still in the GWFC. I guess Weber is your equal and you wanted a h/h with them. So UND=UM, and NDSU=WSU.

This is why I don't care if we ever schedule those wanna-be cake eaters ever again. They think they should get whatever they want, whenever they want because they are NDSU and they are special! :silly: Fargo is not the center of the universe and NDSU is not a big-time, FBS-esque FB program. And as long as they continue behaving like that, I say screw them. Let's focus on rebuilding our program and winning the Big Sky Conference; everything else will take care of itself.

Typical SU bumpkin retort. What does this have to do with GT's complete lack of intergrity in this situation? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Now I won't argue with you that attendance for UND FB games has been pathetic the last couple years but to assume UND wants to play NDSU just to fill seats is "funny".

BTW I live in Fargo...you are just one of the many SU clowns that litter this city with ignorance and arrogance.

Grammar Nazi Alert. To funny but not surprising finding a nazi on this board. Also comical you complain about NDSU fans in Fargo. Just a little hint NDSU is in Fargo. You will find lots of NDSU fans here. Talk about arrogance.

You keep ignoring the fact that in April 2011, GT offered a home/home. Faison immediately responded that would work for UND. Faison "took the deal that was offered". Its all public record, I can't fathom how you continue to keep denying it. GT rescinded it and continues to move the goalposts. Bringing up negotiations that happened in 2009 have no bearing on what happened in 2011. Faison didn't accept some 2 year old offer, he accepted an offer that was made in April 2011. Its obvious that GT has no desire to play the game, but yet continues to make himself look like a fool by pretending to "negotiate" with himself with terms that are laughable.

Another view point---

Originally Posted by Bison03 viewpost-right.png

That is the biggest thing about this article that I think most UND fans fail to see or understand. They seem to think that in 2011 that a deal was made, it wasn't. Then almost 2 years later, Faison finally said they should sign a deal. When Taylor says no to that deal, UND fans think Taylor is backing out. Do they not understand that circumstances change over time? When NDSU first moved to DI, we needed games because of being in a 5 team Great West Conference. Taylor offered UND a 4 game contract with 2 games at each school; to keep the rivalry going. UND turned it down because they felt it would give an unfair advantage due to more scholarships and because of how the playoff commitee viewed playing DIAA games. UND was doing what was best for UND. In 2007, when UND moved up to DI, they desperately needed games because they were in the same 5 team Great West Conference. Faison wanted to play every year in order to fill their schedule. UND was doing what was best for UND. Taylor turned down that deal because he wanted NDSU to have more home games and an FBS game every year for revenue reasons. NDSU was doing what was best for NDSU. In April of 2011, NDSU was not selling out the dome, creating a waiting list for thousands of people for season tickets, and had yet to win an FCS championship yet. At that time, teams were willing to come to the dome for reasonable guarantees to play. I'm sure Taylor figured it would be easy to get a non conference home games or two at an affordable price in the future and therefore able to sign a home and home where the Bison could go to GF in 2017. NDSU was doing what was best for NDSU. The deal was never signed for unknown reasons. Fast forward to January 2013. NDSU is coming off back to back national championship seasons and sold out home games for 2 years. Teams are harder to get to come to Fargo to play non conference games. Georiga Southern had bought out a game and soon Montana State would buy out as well. Taylor even says as much when he says, “A lot has changed since 2010 with our ticket demands and revenue number we need to generate out of football." Taylor makes getting 6 home games as well as an FBS game a priority, not scheduling UND. Maybe in 2017, Taylor wants to keep as many dates open as possible so that they can get to that 6 home game goal. Wanting a home game with UND in 2017 as well then makes sense. NDSU was doing what was best for NDSU. Fast forward again to last week where Taylor again offered for just one game in Fargo next year. Taylor wanted to just get the rivalry started again. Faison rejected the deal either because he didn't like that the guarantee had lowered or that he more then likely wanted the return game so they could sell out the Alerus with increased ticket prices, therefore making more money. UND was doing what was best for UND. So it is not just Gene Taylor that is in the minds of UND fans being selfish. Both AD's have the interest of their schools and athletic departments in mind when figuring out a deal. UND will do what is best for UND, and NDSU will do what is best for NDSU.

Without a signed contract, a verbal proposition is just that...A proposition.

In business, the terms change constantly...If they can't understand that, it's on them.

Grammar Nazi Alert. To funny but not surprising finding a nazi on this board. Also comical you complain about NDSU fans in Fargo. Just a little hint NDSU is in Fargo. You will find lots of NDSU fans here. Talk about arrogance.

Not a "Grammer Nazi"...just a product of "higher ed".

BTW...where were all the Bison fans during those Babich years? I remember Stop-N-Go in Fargo giving away tickets to fill the Dome with the purchase of a gallon of milk.

Not a "Grammer Nazi"...just a product of "higher ed".

BTW...where were all the Bison fans during those Babich years? I remember Stop-N-Go in Fargo giving away tickets to fill the Dome with the purchase of a gallon of milk.

Where are all the _______ (you can fill in the blank not sure what you are calling yourselves this year) fans over the last 10 years? Like I said lots of empty seats in the potato warehouse you play in.

Where are all the _______ (you can fill in the blank not sure what you are calling yourselves this year) fans over the last 10 years? Like I said lots of empty seats in the potato warehouse you play in.

Just keep running your mouth, Bison Boy. There is a new sheriff in town (Bubba) and things are going to get better from here on out. And that "potato warehouse" you speak of is a very tough place to play in when it is full of screaming, enthusiastic fans wearing UND colors. It was like that ten years ago and it will be that way again soon. That is the real reason Gene "Toolbox" Taylor doesn't want to play there.

Thanks for playing, please try again.

When it comes right down to it. Taylor acts like he wants to play the game. The reality of it is he makes offers that he knows UND won't accept and it would appear to most people he really isn't negotiating. He actions and the schedules he ends up coming up with for NDSU don't match the words he speaks. He is all over the board with his words and actions. It is safe to say that to a lot of people he has come off looking a little hypocritical. Because of his actions his integrity has taken a hit in a lot of people's eyes.

You, like most _____ fans, haven't been up the Alerus for awhile. Changed a little bit since 2003.