SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

Wrong. Faison accepted it, GT refused to sign the contract. The game was never going to be played before 2015. That's the years the have been negotiating on for years.

I'm pointing out that GT said he has to have 6 home games and an FBS money game. Obviously not true, look at NDSU's 2015 schedule. Not possible.

Wrong. This was at the time BF wanted--no demanded that the game be played every year. BF did not accept the deal,. As far as pointing the finger point-------point it at BF. If he hadnt turn down the deal the game would have and would be played and we wouldnt be having this conversation. We would be talking about who is going to kick whos butt on the field.

• Upvote 1

Let's say that Gene refuses to play. Obviously this is his plan. continue to make more and more unreasonable demands. Move ahead a few years and su starts playing normal and is just an average team, more empty seats in the dome, Bubba turns things around. who wants the game more down the road? should add - who will be the adult in the room?

Wrong. This was at the time BF wanted--no demanded that the game be played every year. BF did not accept the deal,. As far as pointing the finger point-------point it at BF. If he hadnt turn down the deal the game would have and would be played and we wouldnt be having this conversation. We would be talking about who is going to kick whos butt on the field.

Comprehension obviously isn't your strong point. Try reading below again and use some logic. In April 2011, UND was not "demanding" an every year game and GT was offering a home/home. They had been accepted into the Big Sky 6 months prior and filling the schedule was not the same concern it was in 2009. The home/home fit exactly into how Faison had been and continues to do his scheduling. You keep saying Faison didn't accept the deal. He responded to the e-mail saying it "will work for us". That doesn't sound like someone turning down a deal but keep trying to change what was actually shown directly from an open records request.

In April 2011, it appeared the sides were close to a deal to play in Fargo in 2015 and in Grand Forks in 2017.

At that time, Taylor wrote in an e-mail to Faison: “Let’s focus on 2015 in Fargo on September 19th (that is the only date that works for us in 2015) and return to Grand Forks in 2017 on September 9th or 16th. Let me know which date you prefer in 2017. Once we finalize dates let’s discuss on how we want to put this out.”

Faison responded: “The dates of September 19th in Fargo in 2015 and September 9th in Grand Forks in 2017 will work for us in the renewal of football competition between UND and NDSU. I would suggest that we meet in person to work through the details (tickets, start times, media strategy for the announcement, etc.) and that we do this as expeditiously as possible.”

Comprehension obviously isn't your strong point. Try reading below again and use some logic. In April 2011, UND was not "demanding" an every year game and GT was offering a home/home. They had been accepted into the Big Sky 6 months prior and filling the schedule was not the same concern it was in 2009. The home/home fit exactly into how Faison had been and continues to do his scheduling. You keep saying Faison didn't accept the deal. He responded to the e-mail saying it "will work for us". That doesn't sound like someone turning down a deal but keep trying to change what was actually shown directly from an open records request.

Actually my comprehension is very good as I know exactly what you are talking about. But I do question your comprehension or the fact that you refuse to admit that BF turned down a deal for a H/H to get the ball rolling because he wanted--demanded the game every year.

This was prior to Apr 2011.

• Upvote 1

I have to first off say I am a bison fan call me a troll if you want but I enjoy good discussion about this and other topics on both boards.

I don't understand why these 2 cant get together I can see both sides of the story but fellas lets just get this game done

there are open dates and for anyone on either side to say we have moved on or don't need them who cares about that

its god dam NDSU VS. UND one of if not the best rivalrys there was and could still be again.

I think there has been enough blame to go around on both sides from the beginning when the game was dropped now

its time to sit down and figure it out.

• Upvote 1

Let's say that Gene refuses to play. Obviously this is his plan. continue to make more and more unreasonable demands. Move ahead a few years and su starts playing normal and is just an average team, more empty seats in the dome, Bubba turns things around. who wants the game more down the road? should add - who will be the adult in the room?

As my father-in-law used to tell me - the wheel is round. Things change and you are not always at the top or the bottom. The NDSU fans of the 1980's thought they would dominate UND forever but I believe we won 10 of the last 13 we played. Similar situation today where SU fans can't imagine UND ever being on equal footing with them.

GT does hold the cards in this situation and he is rubbing it in BF's and UND's face because he can. You can be sure it will bite him or NDSU in the ass someday when things change and he needs a game or a vote for something from UND. NDSU remembers back to 2003 quite well but I am sure we will have long memories too.

Just think---if BF had taken the 2 year deal for a home and home yeas ago those game would have already been played, future games would already be scheduled and the rivalry would have been renewed. But no--BF turned that down.

who are you kidding Taylor would have simply changed it..

Actually my comprehension is very good as I know exactly what you are talking about. But I do question your comprehension or the fact that you refuse to admit that BF turned down a deal for a H/H to get the ball rolling because he wanted--demanded the game every year.

This was prior to Apr 2011.

And then GT offered the exact same thing in April 2011 and Faison accepted it. Faison called GT's bluff and Gene apparently wasn't and still isn't very happy about it. No surprise though.

You mention faison blind copying these emails to the media. Last time I checked open records laws make them available. Ndsu folk especially should know this right? ;)

The first batch of emails reported on last week were obtained from an open records law. The Herald didn't request another one since then. These were forwarded to the Herald by Faison to try to strike while he thinks the pressure is on Taylor. It will backfire on him.

The first batch of emails reported on last week were obtained from an open records law. The Herald didn't request another one since then. These were forwarded to the Herald by Faison to try to strike while he thinks the pressure is on Taylor. It will backfire on him.

Or they were requested because GT told the media that negotiations were ongoing so the Herald actually looked into whether it was true or not. But why ruin a good conspiracy though I'd love to see your proof.

Since it was 2012 when BF was sending the contract to GT, and Hardee's incident was at the end of 2013, makes your statement...stupid.

http://www.bakkentod...ublisher_ID/40/

Actually Hardee's last incident was at the end of 2013. His original DUI was from a year earlier, from which he apparently still had a suspended license. The earlier one was the one BF was working at covering up. The one at the end of 2013 was kind of hard to hide when you had Portland Police involved and players in the van that had called very concerned parents.

Or they were requested because GT told the media that negotiations were ongoing so the Herald actually looked into whether it was true or not. But why ruin a good conspiracy though I'd love to see your proof.

Schlossy doesn't say anywhere in his story that they were obtained in an open records request, like previous stories have included.

Can you read for substance. I said NDSU is like and FBS school "when compared to UND" right now. If you don't get that or agree with it, then you are not able to read for substance and have not seen one of the two teams, or both, play. Maybe I should have said UND looks like a bottom-feeder DII team to NDSU right now and you may have understood the meaning better.

Wrong. UND is a FCS football program that is 75 miles away and has a long standing history and tradition against NDSU in football. If you can't see that for what it is, then you are just arguing for own sake, rather than objectively analyzing the situation.

This should be an established rivalry, even now in the DI days. With NDSU being so holy and mighty, they should welcome the rivalry with open arms and want to *PROVE* on the field that they are the best team in the state. Instead, you argue national championships, Brian Faison's nonexistent negotiating issues, 12 game schedules, and countless other bullsh*t points. Bottom-line is that Gene Taylor continues to change his negotiating points because he can't just "straight-up" schedule a home and home game with UND. He is too afraid for his almighty/holy program and/or he doesn't understand the favor he would be doing for the state of North Dakota, including the NDSU faithful.

UND doesn't NEED NDSU either. Watch as our program consistently improves each and every season under the leadership and passion of Bubba Schweigert. Ultimately, this isn't the same Bubba that you saw in SIU; he is now a leader at a place he is passionate about. He will bring UND back up to the top, regardless of the level of competition. UND deserves to be a top FCS program, and with Bubba, it will get there.

As far as the scheduling goes, NDSU would make just as much revenue, and likely more, with UND coming to town instead of some other lowly FCS team. Everything Gene Taylor and you hopeless Ag School fans have been spewing out has been nothing but complete bullsh*t. Just accept the home and home and lets get this rivalry renewed. If you're too arrogant and selfish to do that, or accept that premise in the case of the fans/supporters, then we'll have to just meet in the playoffs where the circumstances won't be as favorable for NDSU.

who are you kidding Taylor would have simply changed it..

Is that BFs excuse for not taking he deal back then? No--BF demanded that they play every year. Since that time the scheduling dynamics and economics have changed. Every home game is worth approx a half a million. What does NDSU get coming to GF? Be honest with yourself. How many Bison fans would be able to attend the game? Besides it being a rivalry game you dont have much to offer.

Wrong. UND is a FCS football program that is 75 miles away and has a long standing history and tradition against NDSU in football. If you can't see that for what it is, then you are just arguing for own sake, rather than objectively analyzing the situation.

This should be an established rivalry, even now in the DI days. With NDSU being so holy and mighty, they should welcome the rivalry with open arms and want to *PROVE* on the field that they are the best team in the state. Instead, you argue national championships, Brian Faison's nonexistent negotiating issues, 12 game schedules, and countless other bullsh*t points. Bottom-line is that Gene Taylor continues to change his negotiating points because he can't just "straight-up" schedule a home and home game with UND. He is too afraid for his almighty/holy program and/or he doesn't understand the favor he would be doing for the state of North Dakota, including the NDSU faithful.

UND doesn't NEED NDSU either. Watch as our program consistently improves each and every season under the leadership and passion of Bubba Schweigert. Ultimately, this isn't the same Bubba that you saw in SIU; he is now a leader at a place he is passionate about. He will bring UND back up to the top, regardless of the level of competition. UND deserves to be a top FCS program, and with Bubba, it will get there.

As far as the scheduling goes, NDSU would make just as much revenue, and likely more, with UND coming to town instead of some other lowly FCS team. Everything Gene Taylor and you hopeless Ag School fans have been spewing out has been nothing but complete bullsh*t. Just accept the home and home and lets get this rivalry renewed. If you're too arrogant and selfish to do that, or accept that premise in the case of the fans/supporters, then we'll have to just meet in the playoffs where the circumstances won't be as favorable for NDSU.

Yeah, and the best team in the state is the team that wins that one game? A National Championship doesn't say more than one game? I guess the games against NDSU are UND's and their fans Super Bowls.

Take the deal that is offered. If GT really doesnt want to play the game he will back out then you have every right to bitch. Take the deal to get the ball rolling. If the GAME is really what its all about.

Yeah, and the best team in the state is the team that wins that one game? A National Championship doesn't say more than one game? I guess the games against NDSU are UND's and their fans Super Bowls.

Another bullsh*t excuse. If you can't handle scheduling/playing UND, then your almighty national championships apparently are a big fluke and NDSU doesn't think they are as good as their record/championships show.

And really, when it comes down to it, this is about a game that in all commonsense should be scheduled. Distance, history/tradition, statewide interest, etc. are all reasons why. That's why this game should be scheduled; not because this game would be "UND's Super Bowl", but rather because it only makes sense that it should be played all the time. The fact GT continually shuffles his feet and changes his stance on the game shows his lack of confidence in the NDSU teams moving forward.

Schlossy doesn't say anywhere in his story that they were obtained in an open records request, like previous stories have included.

Why does it have to be an official open records request? The reporter simply asks BF or GT if there has been any correspondences between the two, and if there has been, the reporter asks if he/she can see them. The AD (whomever is asked), in this case, scrubs the documents of any protected, private information and hands over the public documents. Easy peasy. Not everything has to be a big production.

Take the deal that is offered. If GT really doesnt want to play the game he will back out then you have every right to bitch. Take the deal to get the ball rolling. If the GAME is really what its all about.

Although the game should be played for several straightforward reasons, I do believe there should be equal footing in the negotiations. If GT *THINKS* the NDSU football program is so great, then Brain Faison's strategy is smart: let the NDSU teams simmer down to mediocrity over the next couple seasons, and then with GT having less leverage, get the home/home scheduled.

GT is never going to have 5 home games in a season therefore won't schedule UND a h/h. Last 5 home game season for NDSU was 2009...the infamous 3-8 season. He doesn't want history to repeat itself. It was also the last year NDSU played an OOC FCS team on the road (Sam Houston St)...NDSU lost.

Another bullsh*t excuse. If you can't handle scheduling/playing UND, then your almighty national championships apparently are a big fluke and NDSU doesn't think they are as good as their record/championships show.

And really, when it comes down to it, this is about a game that in all commonsense should be scheduled. Distance, history/tradition, statewide interest, etc. are all reasons why. That's why this game should be scheduled; not because this game would be "UND's Super Bowl", but rather because it only makes sense that it should be played all the time. The fact GT continually shuffles his feet and changes his stance on the game shows his lack of confidence in the NDSU teams moving forward.

Really? You actually believe that considering the state of UND football????????????????? Not to mention where NDSU is at this juncture. Wow.

Although the game should be played for several straightforward reasons, I do believe there should be equal footing in the negotiations. If GT *THINKS* the NDSU football program is so great, then Brain Faison's strategy is smart: let the NDSU teams simmer down to mediocrity over the next couple seasons, and then with GT having less leverage, get the home/home scheduled.

There is an offer on the table . Take it. Then you can try and prove all of the rhetoric you guys have been spouting.