SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

UND Fan

According to twitter Kanani Asuncion verbally committed to UND for 2015. 1000 point getter playing varsity basketball since her 8th grade year. 15 PPG, 8 Boards, and 4 assists.

http://www.kaaltv.co.../s3267500.shtml

https://twitter.com/...826913796005889

jj - you are on a roll, thanks for the update! A 5'11" PG - nice size! She is playing for the Minnesota Fury this summer. Smart kid - 4.0 GPA.

I also notice that Hannah Stewart, the 6'2" C/F from Minot Ryan, is playing for the North Tarton 17u elite team - normally one of the powers in AAU ball in the Cities.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is she 6'1" or 6'3"?  I've seen both reported.

She's been playing for her HS for some time, so that may be where the confusion is.  Both St Peter and the Mn Fury now list her as 6'3.

Her teammates on the Fury include Kanani Asuncion and Jill Morton, both UND commits.

Tweets reporting 6'1 Olivia Hass of St Peter Mn has committed to UND.

Appears to be another good "get".  Ladies certainly don't like their weight discussed but she is a big girl (200 lbs) - she won't be pushed around underneath the basket.

With five commitments already, I wonder if that means we have no interest in the Stewart girl from Minot.  I thought we would go after her as she apprears to be pretty good and her dad & uncle played at UND.

Appears to be another good "get".  Ladies certainly don't like their weight discussed but she is a big girl (200 lbs) - she won't be pushed around underneath the basket.

With five commitments already, I wonder if that means we have no interest in the Stewart girl from Minot.  I thought we would go after her as she apprears to be pretty good and her dad & uncle played at UND.

If we can get another big like Ashley Langan from years back I'm fine with that.  Loved watching her play.  Don't we only have 2 seniors on this next years team so some of them are probably not getting much scholarship money than?

If we can get another big like Ashley Langan from years back I'm fine with that.  Loved watching her play.  Don't we only have 2 seniors on this next years team so some of them are probably not getting much scholarship money than?

Three: Evers, Lauck and Burck. I don't know for sure who was on scholarship but I suppose a couple of the other girls may be losing their $.

I have been told that she is an outstanding softball player and will get offers from some major schools.  I believe Arizona is after her.

I guess I'm not certain how the NCAA rules are written now but could she be offered a softball schollie, play both sports here and it not count towards our basketball scholarship limit?

Our softball team could use all the help it can get.

A school is allowed so many scholarships in each sport.  It doesn't matter how many sports the athlete plays.  Technically, a student could play 3 or 4 sports, they can only get 1 full scholarship.  So she could play softball, basketball, run cross-country and track if the coaches all agreed.  But she can only be given the equivalent of 1 scholarship, and that could be in any of the sports.  I believe that she would be considered the same as a walk-on in the other sports (I would have to go through the rules to be sure but I don't feel like doing that).

• 2 weeks later...

If a student athlete is playing multiple sports and is on a scholarship, the scholarship must count against the sport that offers the most scholarships. UND has 15 scholarships for women's hoops ( the NCAA maximum) and softball does not have that many. Her scholarship would count against basketball, no matter if she played volleyball, basketball, softball, and ran track.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know about the upcoming girls BB classes?  According the a NDpreps poster, it is impressive.

In UND offering either Gabbie Bohl or Fallyn Freije?

2015s

Gabbie Bohl (Bishop Ryan) - ranked 19th forward nationally
Fallyn Freije (Lakota/Edmore) - last heard was at 6 D1 offers
Jorydn Jossart (Bismarck Century) - committed to Marist College 
Lexi Klabo (Fargo Davies) - committed to the University of North Dakota
Hannah Stewart (Bishop Ryan) - 95th in country - committed to Iowa

2016s

Cassie Askvig (Minot) - significant D1 and D2 interest
Sarah Jacobson (Fargo Shanley) - last heard at multiple D1 offers
Rylee Nudell (Maple Valley) - last heard with a lot of D1 and D2 interest
Jaye Two Bears (Shiloh Christian) - D1 interest, NDSU offer

2017s