SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

UND Fan

Who are the 6 commits?

Look at the Wiki tab.  All known offers and commitments are there.

I think Asuncion, Hass, and Klabo will have scholarships next year and likely won't redshirt.

Boike, Freije, and Morton probably redshirt but will have scholarships the second year,  It maybe took those three, especially Freije, longer to decide as they didn't know how much financial aid they would get.

If this is true, the staff deserves major kudos for having a good and deep recruiting year.  Shows how much the girls want to play for this program.

Meanwhile, NDSU is drowning in the recruiting pool, at least in ND.  Their new coach doesn't help much to get girls for that "program".

Look at the Wiki tab.  All known offers and commitments are there.

I think Asuncion, Hass, and Klabo will have scholarships next year and likely won't redshirt.

Boike, Freije, and Morton probably redshirt but will have scholarships the second year,  It maybe took those three, especially Freije, longer to decide as they didn't know how much financial aid they would get.

If this is true, the staff deserves major kudos for having a good and deep recruiting year.  Shows how much the girls want to play for this program.

Meanwhile, NDSU is drowning in the recruiting pool, at least in ND.  Their new coach doesn't help much to get girls for that "program".

Really no need to mention ndsu....

Really no need to mention ndsu....

Well I have.  Just comparing the two programs is amazing:  NDSU has six available schollies, and only has one known acceptance, a guard from Omaha that was receiving other offers from DIIs.  Meanwhile, UND has three open scholarships and has six commitments.  Girls want to play for UND, whereas there is no evidence that girls have any enthusiasm for NDSU.. 

Well I have. Just comparing the two programs is amazing: NDSU has six available schollies, and only has one known acceptance, a guard from Omaha that was receiving other offers from DIIs. Meanwhile, UND has three open scholarships and has six commitments. Girls want to play for UND, whereas there is no evidence that girls have any enthusiasm for NDSU..

It goes both ways depending on the sport. Comments like that cause thread drift, look petty, and quite frankly, are embarrassing. If you want to compare us to a regional university, sdsu is the measuring stick in women's basketball. I'd like to think some of us would have enough class to not kick others while they are down, so to speak.
  • Upvote 1

It goes both ways depending on the sport. Comments like that cause thread drift, look petty, and quite frankly, are embarrassing. If you want to compare us to a regional university, sdsu is the measuring stick in women's basketball. I'd like to think some of us would have enough class to not kick others while they are down, so to speak.

Have you ever read Bisonville?  They comment more on UND football than we do.

The only way that a bison supporter would say a UND fan has class is if the UND fan says to bulldoze down UND's athletic facilities.  The bison are like the jihadist in their world view, as they hold us with that much contempt  They have to be beaten down to the dust in order to get any semblance of respect for us.

A UND fan can never have class in their eyes.

This is not my opinion but I've heard this angle before somewhere - so IF the recruiting rules of another school applied to UND the following would be true: :whistling: ;

UND Women's BB can have its pick of the top talent in the region.

If offered by UND the only reason any player would choose to go to another school would be because of more money or more playing time.

If a player originally offered by UND chooses another school it's because UND changed its mind or doesn't need the player anymore.

Any player that attends another school within the region was obviously not recruited by UND or not talented enough for UND.

The above is all in jest - of course.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know about the upcoming girls BB classes?  According the a NDpreps poster, it is impressive.

In UND offering either Gabbie Bohl or Fallyn Freije?

2015s

Gabbie Bohl (Bishop Ryan) - ranked 19th forward nationally

Fallyn Freije (Lakota/Edmore) - last heard was at 6 D1 offers

Jorydn Jossart (Bismarck Century) - committed to Marist College 

Lexi Klabo (Fargo Davies) - committed to the University of North Dakota

Hannah Stewart (Bishop Ryan) - 95th in country - committed to Iowa

2016s

Cassie Askvig (Minot) - significant D1 and D2 interest

Sarah Jacobson (Fargo Shanley) - last heard at multiple D1 offers

Rylee Nudell (Maple Valley) - last heard with a lot of D1 and D2 interest

Jaye Two Bears (Shiloh Christian) - D1 interest, NDSU offer

2017s

Ashley Davis (Turtle Mountain) - significant D1 and D2 interest

Tylee Irwin (Wahpeton) - UND offer, may have more

Macey Kvilvang (North Star) - about to completely blow up

Akealy Moton (West Fargo) - signifcant D1 interest

Mentioned in another thread but i'm pretty sure a few of these girls were at the UND vs. NDSU game Saturday in Fargo. Assuming with HS not playing on Wednesdays that Brew will try to have as many of these girls at the UND vs. Minnesota game. What an opportunity to make an impression on a recruit... on your invite to an NDSU game you see UND beat them at home and then 4 days later you get to watch a 7-1ranked Mid Major UND team host the Big 10 Gophers at home.  Along with the list above Madison McKeever from Win-e-Mac is probably another local D1 talent. 

There is enough talent coming up that NDSU is bound to get some of these girls although they did miss on all of the top 15 kids. Brew just needs to make sure he gets the ones he wants the most. Jacobson might be tough as her mom (played) and brother (currently plays) at NDSU. Brews 15 class is really good, and if he can somehow get Jacobson and Two Bears in 16 to UND we could be looking a special group of talent. I think those 2 will probably go to a bigger school though. Anyways, a good opportunity for unofficial visits on Wednesday night.

Mentioned in another thread but i'm pretty sure a few of these girls were at the UND vs. NDSU game Saturday in Fargo. Assuming with HS not playing on Wednesdays that Brew will try to have as many of these girls at the UND vs. Minnesota game. What an opportunity to make an impression on a recruit... on your invite to an NDSU game you see UND beat them at home and then 4 days later you get to watch a 7-1ranked Mid Major UND team host the Big 10 Gophers at home.  Along with the list above Madison McKeever from Win-e-Mac is probably another local D1 talent. 

There is enough talent coming up that NDSU is bound to get some of these girls although they did miss on all of the top 15 kids. Brew just needs to make sure he gets the ones he wants the most. Jacobson might be tough as her mom (played) and brother (currently plays) at NDSU. Brews 15 class is really good, and if he can somehow get Jacobson and Two Bears in 16 to UND we could be looking a special group of talent. I think those 2 will probably go to a bigger school though. Anyways, a good opportunity for unofficial visits on Wednesday night.

Are there any 3 point shooters in the '15 class? 

Not a full highlight tape, but the news clip has a few. She can do a little bit of everything as you can see. Very athletic and I think she will probably play right away next year. She is not quite on the same level as Hannah Stewart, but I think they have similar games. She will be a very nice player for UND imho.

http://www.wday.com/content/davies-klabo-commits-und-0

Not a full highlight tape, but the news clip has a few. She can do a little bit of everything as you can see. Very athletic and I think she will probably play right away next year. She is not quite on the same level as Hannah Stewart, but I think they have similar games. She will be a very nice player for UND imho.

http://www.wday.com/content/davies-klabo-commits-und-0

I expect Klabo to not only play next year, but to start. Obviously there's a big need for scoring in the post with Evers' departure after this year, and I don't see anybody else aside from Klabo having the ability to realistically fill that role.lidly

So she is a traditional post player?   Hoops - thanks for the clip (unfortunately, it won't open for me).  Is she solidly built?  She must be athletic - able to run the floor well?

So she is a traditional post player?   Hoops - thanks for the clip (unfortunately, it won't open for me).  Is she solidly built?  She must be athletic - able to run the floor well?

I haven't seen her play aside from a few highlights here and there, but she appears to be a true 5, with perhaps the ability to step out and hit a medium-range jump shot and drive around slower defenders. Like most high school kids, she'll have to get stronger, but she appears to have decent strength and speed already for her height. Just based upon her high school numbers, I am thinking she'll be an upgrade, at least offensively, over UND's current reserve posts.

• 1 month later...