SiouxSports.com Forum

Official frozen face off travel tread

gfhockey

I don't wanna get mugged! And I'll have my girlfriend along.

Kinda joking, but seriously....

No, you'll be completely fine especially in the Target Center area.

I've lived downtown for the last 2-3 years and never had any sort of issue.

This is all of course given the assumption that you stay south of Broadway, not sure why you'd head that way though.

I don't wanna get mugged! And I'll have my girlfriend along.

Kinda joking, but seriously....

There have been a few publicized incidents downtown over the past few years, but I've never felt unsafe. You just have to be smart. Don't talk to panhandlers, mind your own business, stay in groups, don't go off the beaten path, etc. Just use common sense and you'll be fine. As someone else said, the unsafe parts of Minneapolis are not downtown and there's really no reason you'd end up there.

Just got all packed up and will be taking off. Will be staying at the Graves 601. Nice skip across the street to the Target Center. Love having this tournament in Downtown Minneapolis rather then the X. Don't have to waste $20 each way on taxi cab fares since we stay in downtown Minneapolis every year.

Hopping a plane from PIT to get home to MSP this afternoon. Game on tomorrow & Saturday.

This question may have been answered already but I didn't see it anywhere - is there a notion of sorts amongst the Sioux fans to make the venue as "Sioux green" as possible in terms of dress code?

Hopping a plane from PIT to get home to MSP this afternoon. Game on tomorrow & Saturday.

This question may have been answered already but I didn't see it anywhere - is there a notion of sorts amongst the Sioux fans to make the venue as "Sioux green" as possible in terms of dress code?

We were thinking home team, so white jerseys. Maybe a sea of green would be better?

You guys coming into Minneapolis from the west on 94 - keep your eyes open around the Lowry exit and plus/minus 10 miles of Sauk Centre. The troopers tend to make their quotas there.

The UND Alumni Association, as well as coaches and players have talked about a "sea of green" at the Target Center and downtown Minneapolis, but it's not something they are absolutely pushing.

I'm bringing my green jersey and my black jersey. We are leaving this afternoon and staying at the Millennium

The UND Alumni Association, as well as coaches and players have talked about a "sea of green" at the Target Center and downtown Minneapolis, but it's not something they are absolutely pushing.

I'm bringing my green jersey and my black jersey. We are leaving this afternoon and staying at the Millennium

Green Gemini/geometric jersey it is. Given all the St. Paddy's Day stuff is still out the green hat with white horns could make an appearance.