SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SUU

SWSiouxMN

To say this was a dissapointing loss is an understatement. Yes this team will most likely finish 3rd in the conference which is about where they were picked to finish. But with the ammount of experience this team has with many players playing together for 5 years, It is just absurd to think a team with this much talent could be outplayed by the worst team in division 1 basketball. This team can play good at times and look so awful at times. Inconsistency has plagued this team and these group of seniors for 4 years now. Jones is a great guy, but a good coach doesn not go on the road against a pitifull team and lose. This is a game that a team as good as UND (2nd in the conference) should win by 20 points. Not sure if the guys were looking past them and were looking ahead to the Big SKy tournament, but this type of loss is unexcusable.

I am genuinely curious. If I wanted to troll...you'd know it. Genuine curiosity.

Yeah, you sound genuinely curious....

We truly suck....this is worst that our loss to UND. Any chance to !@#$ UND....I'll take it. That said I'd rather have a kickass ladies' team and beat UND into the ground....the way it ought to be. White trash up North......Turtle necks and bouncing checks is the motto up north.

Did he play at UND? Sorry, don't remember.

No, but he is a UND grad. He succeeded Tim Miles at Mayville, and had a lot of success for a couple of years there (including a win over UND) before moving on to become a Miles assistant at Colorado St. and now at Nebraska. He was considered a candidate for the UND job the last time, but did not meet the minimum requirements as set by Buning and Ralston, due to his experience being mostly at the NAIA level at the time.

Its obvious jones didn't care about this game. U don't sit huff the final 12 minutes and insert hobaugh who hasn't played since the first game and also leave stefen on the bench for the same period and also not play schuler when I heard he could have played. Huff may not have been shooting good but he is the one player that can explode at any minute. By the way hobaugh did not score in the final 12 minutes and only got 1 rebound. I think huff could have done better.

• Upvote 1

Its obvious jones didn't care about this game. U don't sit huff the final 12 minutes and insert hobaugh who hasn't played since the first game and also leave stefen on the bench for the same period and also not play schuler when I heard he could have played. Huff may not have been shooting good but he is the one player that can explode at any minute. By the way hobaugh did not score in the final 12 minutes and only got 1 rebound. I think huff could have done better.

Bold statement there.

i once remember that a sioux hockey player was very protective of his sticks after he carefully taped them before the game...i heard dean blais before a big game walked up to him to and smashed his sticks to pieces to piss him off...the player supposedly played with an edge in that game and the sioux won...i wonder if jones is trying something in a game that meant pretty much nothing to setup huff to play with an edge in the bsc tourney?

just wondering

No, but he is a UND grad. He succeeded Tim Miles at Mayville, and had a lot of success for a couple of years there (including a win over UND) before moving on to become a Miles assistant at Colorado St. and now at Nebraska. He was considered a candidate for the UND job the last time, but did not meet the minimum requirements as set by Buning and Ralston, due to his experience being mostly at the NAIA level at the time.

Thanks; that jogged the old memory.

BTW, I see that No. Colorado did to So. Utah today (77-52), at So. Utah, what we should have done to them Thurs. night.

i once remember that a sioux hockey player was very protective of his sticks after he carefully taped them before the game...i heard dean blais before a big game walked up to him to and smashed his sticks to pieces to piss him off...the player supposedly played with an edge in that game and the sioux won...i wonder if jones is trying something in a game that meant pretty much nothing to setup huff to play with an edge in the bsc tourney?

just wondering

Wasn't able to watch the game but that's exactly what I thought when I heard he sat out the end of the game. Huff with a chip on his shoulder could be dangerous.