SiouxSports.com Forum

Kvly's decision to air bison basketball instead of the hawks-pens

Redneksioux

Which was also the highest watched show in the only time slot it was measured in? Convenient you left that out.

.8. Huge hockey game.... on a Saturday. When nothing else was on.... and 2 of the 3 other shows had more viewers.

.8. Huge hockey game.... on a Saturday. When nothing else was on.... and 2 of the 3 other shows had more viewers.

It's one of 80 regular season games for both teams involved. Do they teach math at the ag school? Considering this was just one of 80 games, that's pretty impressive. According to 207's link both the NHL and NBC sound impressed by their ratings.

It's one of 80 regular season games for both teams involved. Do they teach math at the ag school? Considering this was just one of 80 games, that's pretty impressive. According to 207's link both the NHL and NBC sound impressed by their ratings.

Hockey is notorious for bad ratings. I'm sure they are happy with those ratings.... Apparently kvly was not interested in those and figured they'd get better ratings with NDSU.

For all the Bisonville spies that like to visit this site so they can report all the happenings on their site, I would just like to clarify that the number of people that are really making a big deal about this issue represent the extreme minority of UND fans. As we all know threre are wackos on every message board, whether its sports, politics, whatever. Those wackos tend to be the people who make the most noise. So go ahead and rip on the people individually on this site making this a bigger issue than it is. But don't go labeling all UND sports fans as sharing the viewpoints of these select nut jobs. I doubt that you would like us to stereotype all Bison fans to share the viewpoints as LakesBison!! Thank you for making sure we are all OK over here. :)

• Upvote 1

if the BSA were so meaningful to Fargo and it's surrounding, why are all meaningful games now played at the Fargodome? the BSA means nothing to that community and showing this game because it was the "last" game there is a joke. I guess I didn't even bother to look but was Thursdays game against DU televised by KVLY? that would have been the game to as NDSU cliched it's first league title.

if the BSA were so meaningful to Fargo and it's surrounding, why are all meaningful games now played at the Fargodome? the BSA means nothing to that community and showing this game because it was the "last" game there is a joke. I guess I didn't even bother to look but was Thursdays game against DU televised by KVLY? that would have been the game to as NDSU cliched it's first league title.

Only two games in the dome since I've been in school.... And I don't think they have any planned except maybe during the renovation... Don't know where you got that idea... not to mention it was not against Denver or for NDSUs first title

For all the Bisonville spies that like to visit this site so they can report all the happenings on their site, I would just like to clarify that the number of people that are really making a big deal about this issue represent the extreme minority of UND fans. As we all know threre are wackos on every message board, whether its sports, politics, whatever. Those wackos tend to be the people who make the most noise. So go ahead and rip on the people individually on this site making this a bigger issue than it is. But don't go labeling all UND sports fans as sharing the viewpoints of these select nut jobs. I doubt that you would like us to stereotype all Bison fans to share the viewpoints as LakesBison!! Thank you for making sure we are all OK over here. :)

Don't know if this was directed at me but only a nut job or a wacko would worry about what a bison fan on bisonville thinks of them.

Only two games in the dome since I've been in school.... And I don't think they have any planned except maybe during the renovation... Don't know where you got that idea...

Question: what is the Sanford Pentagon and what is Sioux Falls Arena? Pentagon the new one? Where is Summit tourney at?

But all bizun fans do share the viewpoints and IQ of Lakes.

Well as someone whose original plan was to watch the Blackhawks and Penguins outdoor game on TV with the UND and St. Cloud game on my laptop I would have been a little upset that KVLY chose to put on a toilet summit league game instead but I would have gotten over it and just hooked my laptop up to my tv instead....as it turns out we made mid afternoon decision to go to St. Cloud for the game instead.

I was there and it was awesome!!!!!

BTW, as I was checking into the hotel Friday afternoon (wearing Sioux gear from head to toe and carrying my Blackhawks' jacket), the couple next to me commented on my choice of clothing. He was a UND alumnus!! GO SIOUX!!!

Only two games in the dome since I've been in school.... And I don't think they have any planned except maybe during the renovation... Don't know where you got that idea... not to mention it was not against Denver or for NDSUs first title

my fault south dakota.

Question: what is the Sanford Pentagon and what is Sioux Falls Arena? Pentagon the new one? Where is Summit tourney at?

The Pentagon is a small arena that will host the NSIC tournament and I think the NBA-DL team plays there. It is part of some big basketball complex Sanford built.

The Sioux Falls arena is the old arena which is where the Summit is at and T Denny Sanford Premier Center is the new arena still under construction. The Summit will move there next year.

Pentagon has NSIC tourney. Very new. Only about 3 grand in seating it looks like. Sioux falls arena bigger.. New one opens this fall. Current one holds 7500. New one will hold 12000. Sioux falls arena hosts summit.

I was there and it was awesome!!!!!

BTW, as I was checking into the hotel Friday afternoon (wearing Sioux gear from head to toe and carrying my Blackhawks' jacket), the couple next to me commented on my choice of clothing. He was a UND alumnus!! GO SIOUX!!!

Were you the one flying the Fighting Sioux Flag in the upper deck?

Pentagon has NSIC tourney. Very new. Only about 3 grand in seating it looks like. Sioux falls arena bigger.. New one opens this fall. Current one holds 7500. New one will hold 12000. Sioux falls arena hosts summit.

As an aside, Chris Semarau, Formerly in charge of the REA is now in charge of the Pentagon complex.

Might've been you. Had the logo in the center with Fighting Sioux written below the logo. Was hanging over the rail/ledge in the upper deck. Only showed for a few seconds as they were looking at the ice from the upper level. They showed it in the third period with about 7:00 minutes or so to go in the game.

I think NDSU buys the airtime and sells the ads themselves. So I am pretty sure in looking at how KVLY has operated the last 2-3 years that for them it was a bottom line decision. How much does NDSU pay them for the airtime vs. their ad revenue during the hockey game + their NBC "fine" for not broadcasting the game + the amount of people they piss off and any blowback from that....I would assume that what NDSU decided to pay for the airtime was worth it for them unless they are complete idiots at KVLY which I wouldn't rule out.....but hey, if you want to watch something on NBC where you gonna go? On another note, it is amazing how KVLY has gone in the crapper locally with all the ownership and management changes the last couple years.

Might've been you. Had the logo in the center with Fighting Sioux written below the logo. Was hanging over the rail/ledge in the upper deck. Only showed for a few seconds as they were looking at the ice from the upper level. They showed it in the third period with about 7:00 minutes or so to go in the game.

Cool! Then that could have been me!! I had it wrapped around me into the third period then we hung it over the rail.