SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

Red River has a kid named Austin Reynolds that has the talent to play but apparently has some coachability issues. I believe Tom Miller noted on this before. Any chance Bubba takes a chance on him?

Also I was just looking at who Kevin Maurice follows and noticed he follows Korliss Marshall, a sophomore RB at Arkansas. Marshall was suspended at one point this year http://razorbackers.com/2014/10/20/razorbacks-rb-korliss-marshall-suspended/. I wonder if he could be a possible transfer here.

Red River has a kid named Austin Reynolds that has the talent to play but apparently has some coachability issues. I believe Tom Miller noted on this before. Any chance Bubba takes a chance on him?

Also I was just looking at who Kevin Maurice follows and noticed he follows Korliss Marshall, a sophomore RB at Arkansas. Marshall was suspended at one point this year http://razorbackers.com/2014/10/20/razorbacks-rb-korliss-marshall-suspended/. I wonder if he could be a possible transfer here.

I noticed that too. Was a 3 star recruit out of HS and he's a big back like we're alwats talking about with bubba.

Also I was just looking at who Kevin Maurice follows and noticed he follows Korliss Marshall, a sophomore RB at Arkansas. Marshall was suspended at one point this year http://razorbackers.com/2014/10/20/razorbacks-rb-korliss-marshall-suspended/. I wonder if he could be a possible transfer here.

Good find. Would certainly be a welcome addition to UND football.

Reynolds looks like a decent player. PWO type. Bring him in, if he doesn't buy in, cut him. The only problem is Bubba probably doesn't want a ton of local projects, throw in possible coachability issues and it doesn't seem likely Bubba would want to use a very valuable spot on him. We need to make all 30 new additions count. We don't have the depth to be taking too many risky prospects on.

Also I was just looking at who Kevin Maurice follows and noticed he follows Korliss Marshall, a sophomore RB at Arkansas. Marshall was suspended at one point this year http://razorbackers.com/2014/10/20/razorbacks-rb-korliss-marshall-suspended/. I wonder if he could be a possible transfer here.

I started following him a ways back as well, but so far I've got nothing as it relates to him coming in. The couple visitors I've heard of aren't from Arkansas, but I've got my ear to the ground.

Good find. Would certainly be a welcome addition to UND football.

I guess if we are interested I would like to know the reason he was suspended. When a player that could help an FBS school is given one more chance, I don't know if I would want to take a chance when we are trying to create a culture of accountability. Don't want the win at all costs culture that takes chances because they fill needs. Like I said don't know the circumstances, but it seems odd he is on his last chance with Arkansas. Begs the question what it was he did.

• Upvote 1

On the Red River kids. Of the two Sr. I think Steen might be worth a PWO with his size and being a local kid. Reynolds is very talented and it wouldn't shock me if UND offered something (scholarship) based on fb talent and potential....he is a talent. I know nothing of grades or coaching issues so if those things are there my guess would be we would pass. He plays RB/WR/KR for RR on offense and is all state caliber at all 3 positions. 

The others are JRs and should be evaluated at camp next summer. Hanson is a really good prospect at WR though and probably the best college prospect of them all. A legit 6'6 WR could be a big time threat after a few years in the weight room. As noted before he is getting BBall looks so it just depends what sport the kid wants to play. He's probably an FCS level FB recruit and a NSIC bball recruit at this time imho. Still only a Jr, so lots of time to develop into a bigger prospect. 

I agree with that also. So who do with think, given the offers we know about, who would be highest of importance in High School?

I would think we would be a high on some of the Wide receivers and Linebackers we have offers to.

So i would think it would be something like this:

1. Decxavier

2. Grady

3. I think Jake Smeltzer could be a good one.

4. Adam Brant has some potential i think to play early too.  He's got some speed and size to him. Seems to have good coverage skills but also makes alot of plays against the run too.  

Four major positions of need (in no particular order); that is, need FBS/JUCO transfers:

RB, WR, OL, DB

RB - lose Jer Garman and Adam Shauabay. Left with Cedric Simmons (coming off injury but has potential) and converted LB Kyle Norberg. Patrick Sharp also in the mix. UND NEEDS a couple talented, physical backs; necessity givin how the defense is capable of playing solid.

WR- lose RJ McGill and have very few returning big contributors. Both Josh Seibel and Brandon Walker have potential, but NEED a couple big, fast FBS-type talents to throw the ball up to.

OL- considering the intention to win the line of scrimmage, need depth and skill at this position. FBS transfer would again be nice. Lose 2 starters from last year's line: LT Barton and RG Henson.

DB - lose 2 senior starters in S Carr and CB Tilman, who happens to be the perfect example of how FBS talent can make immediate contributions. Tilman came in and immediately upgraded not only the covering ability of the secondary, but also the tackling ability of the secondary and the return game. What a move his addition was. Look for at least 3 transfers to this position group.

QB, FB/TE, DL and LB are all less immediate of needs due to returners. With that said, still need to develop these positions with high school recruits. Looks like these positions are already being addressed as I look at the list of 2015 verbal commits.