SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

I was just checking out some of the tape on the QB's we have interest in and the one that stood out to me is Tyler Perone. Doubtful we could get him but he looks real good. Not sure how we ended up recruiting a kid in Pennsylvania. I know there was a Perone that was a professor at UND awhile back.

I think this kid spells his last name differently from the Perrone family who used to live in Grand Forks, so I have no idea what, if any connection to the area he may have. I agree that it would be unusual for UND to be recruiting a kid from that part of the country without some sort of local connection.

Vito Perrone was a dean at UND for many years: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/17/us/vito-perrone-sr-who-fought-standardized-tests-dies-at-78.html?_r=0

I think this kid spells his last name differently from the Perrone family who used to live in Grand Forks, so I have no idea what, if any connection to the area he may have. I agree that it would be unusual for UND to be recruiting a kid from that part of the country without some sort of local connection.

Vito Perrone was a dean at UND for many years: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/17/us/vito-perrone-sr-who-fought-standardized-tests-dies-at-78.html?_r=0

Yep, that's the guy I was referring to and you're correct they spell the name differently. So that throws that theory out the window. Not sure exactly how they ended up recruiting this kid. Would love to see him come here.  

So right now we have 11 verbal commits for next year. It seems like we usually might have 1 or 2 or maybe none. Can we read anything into it? Does it mean we are being more successful or are we just signing kids early or some of both. Any thoughts.

Kids are all local and fit the new identity of the team: defense and physical line play. I suspect a changing of the guard here. Very few worries about these kids leaving early because they've committed early meaning they're satisfied with the atmosphere the new staff has created. Mussman just had too many busts and early departures from his recruiting classes to be successful.

Let's hope we stay after him and get him. You don't see/hear any chatter about him right now on the Internet. I just watched Mollbergs tape from his high school years (I forget how good he looked) but Anderson looks better especially with his feet. Hopefully he can bounce back from his injury.

I've met Trey a few times and he has put on about 10lbs of muscle since his injury - he has been throwing this whole time and has a great attitude. All he wants is a shot and for someone to offer. I believe if UND were to offer he would accept or at least move UND to #1 immediately.

I've met Trey a few times and he has put on about 10lbs of muscle since his injury - he has been throwing this whole time and has a great attitude. All he wants is a shot and for someone to offer. I believe if UND were to offer he would accept or at least move UND to #1 immediately.

Great, smart kid from a great family.  The exact type of kid we would want to represent our program and university.  I've coached both him and his sister, you won't find anyone who will out work and our hustle Trey.  Things to work on as a quarterback, yes, but as a Senior in high school, everyone has things to work on.