SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

Dustin Weeks, 6'9”, 250, Glenburn (Glenburn), ND  commits to Wyoming

That one is true head-scratcher.  Neither UND or NDSU offered him and from what I was told he is "probably a Top 5" player in the state this year.  I fully believe UND would have offered, yes.  But, for Wyoming to come in this soon and offer a full ride is a bit puzzling.  

He certainly has the frame to be a big boy.  Will be interesting to watch his progress.  

That one is true head-scratcher.  Neither UND or NDSU offered him and from what I was told he is "probably a Top 5" player in the state this year.  I fully believe UND would have offered, yes.  But, for Wyoming to come in this soon and offer a full ride is a bit puzzling.  

He certainly has the frame to be a big boy.  Will be interesting to watch his progress.  

I read in the article.  Dustin wanted to get out of ND, so that maybe why neither school in ND offered.  Probably made it easy for Wyoming to get him.

I read in the article.  Dustin wanted to get out of ND, so that maybe why neither school in ND offered.  Probably made it easy for Wyoming to get him.

I can understand wanting to leave ND, but to leave it for WYO?  Ooftas.  At least he'll be closer to Colorado, I guess.....

• Upvote 2

Makes you wonder if Wyoming is done in ND. Might mean NDSU and UND need to offer sooner and more money if they want these kids because Wyoming only has full rides. Might be 12-15 D1 kids in ND/NW MN this year that will either be scholarship or pwo at D1 schools.

Makes you wonder if Wyoming is done in ND. Might mean NDSU and UND need to offer sooner and more money if they want these kids because Wyoming only has full rides. Might be 12-15 D1 kids in ND/NW MN this year that will either be scholarship or pwo at D1 schools.

North Dakota is pretty average this year on talent.  4-5 good players and a few walk-ons.  Lund kid from Minot is probably the best prospect, with Feeney being another if he plays football. 

There were a couple others last night other than Canady, but I can't access twitter from work (and I'm not a smartphone guy) and I can't remember them for the life of me.  Someone can check my twitter feed and get the names and post them if they have time :)