SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

SFI posted UND is hosting Junior Day tomorrow. Looks like Braeden Hanson from Red River will be there. Anyone know anything about this kid, I see he is a wide receiver listed at 6'7" 185lbs. Not sure I've seen a receive that tall before, but he could be a dangerous weapon if he puts on another 20-30 lbs before college. Not sure what his speed is like, just surprise by his height.

I know I brought up Hanson in the BBall recruiting thread as he is probably an NSIC level BBall kid, maybe D1 if SU or UND wanted to take a chance on him. I do think he is a much better FB prospect though and at 6'6-6'7 could be a major red zone target. I think he would do very well in the Big Sky after a few years in the weight room. He along with Zac Kuntz who was brought up earlier are two prospects at Red River to keep a close eye on. I know Bubba feels getting ND kids who have a D1 shot is very important and I think it's even more important to get the ones right in Grand Forks and  surrounding towns like Thompson, Larimore, Grafton, Crookston etc.. Garret Reineke being a nice recent example of that.

• Upvote 1

I know I brought up Hanson in the BBall recruiting thread as he is probably an NSIC level BBall kid, maybe D1 if SU or UND wanted to take a chance on him. I do think he is a much better FB prospect though and at 6'6-6'7 could be a major red zone target. I think he would do very well in the Big Sky after a few years in the weight room. He along with Zac Kuntz who was brought up earlier are two prospects at Red River to keep a close eye on. I know Bubba feels getting ND kids who have a D1 shot is very important and I think it's even more important to get the ones right in Grand Forks and  surrounding towns like Thompson, Larimore, Grafton, Crookston etc.. Garret Reineke being a nice recent example of that.

I have been hearing about this kid as a basketball prospect for a few years, but he really hasn't put up the kind of numbers I'd expect from a division II prospect, let alone a borderline division I prospect. Does he have any basketball offers yet?

I have been hearing about this kid as a basketball prospect for a few years, but he really hasn't put up the kind of numbers I'd expect from a division II prospect, let alone a borderline division I prospect. Does he have any basketball offers yet?

I'm no expert, but Prep Hoops Dakota has him rated as the top player in ND for 2016. 

http://www.prephoopsdakotas.com/

Not sure on offers, but I think he is NSIC level talent, I i'd put money on him getting NSIC offers. The fact that he is a 6'7 G also means there is great growth potential there. My thoughts with UND and NDSU BBall would be him getting to walk on. I don't see him as a scholarship D1 basketball kid, but I'm not a basketball scout either, so maybe he might be.

This is why I said I think he has better potential in football because I think he is potentially scholarship worthy and would be a really nice WR prospect.   Plus at 6'7 who knows, the sky is really the limit. He has decent speed, good hands, and is great at the jump balls. Get him in a college program and he could grow into a big time player. You can't teach 6'7 and good hands.

Again, i'm no scout so if some of the elite basketball/football minds on here think I am wrong I will defer to their opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Some 2016 FB prospects will be playing on TV this week at the state A tourney for those wanting to watch. Most have been discussed before. Wouldn't be shocked if Bubba showed up to watch....if he does maybe Jones should ride along since he doesn't have anything going on.

Minot - Braydon Lund, Ben Bolinski

Century - Dalton Feeney

Red River - Braedan Hanson

Whapeton also has a kid named Carson Zarak that is not a bad looking athlete. First team all state QB that i'm sure UND will try to get to camp. More of an athlete than a QB in college i would say. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3103731/highlights/171378030/v2. Probably more of an NSIC kid, but thought i would mention for those watching.

Some 2016 FB prospects will be playing on TV this week at the state A tourney for those wanting to watch. Most have been discussed before. Wouldn't be shocked if Bubba showed up to watch....if he does maybe Jones should ride along since he doesn't have anything going on.

Minot - Braydon Lund, Ben Bolinski

Century - Dalton Feeney

Red River - Braedan Hanson

Whapeton also has a kid named Carson Zarak that is not a bad looking athlete. First team all state QB that i'm sure UND will try to get to camp. More of an athlete than a QB in college i would say. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3103731/highlights/171378030/v2. Probably more of an NSIC kid, but thought i would mention for those watching.

I have never seen Hanson play football and have only seen one game of him playing basketball but we can absolutely not lose him to NDSU in either sport. I know he visited NDSU this past year for football but from what I have heard he is more likely to choose basketball.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sure he's being recruited by Coach Knauf, and he knows DI players. Would be a good player that would find a spot on the team, whether at RB or receiver.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone hear if the staff is on Quinton Hooker's brother Amani Hooker? Looks like he has already been offered by UNI & USD and SDSU NDSU Wyoming and Northern Illinois are showing some interest. I think he is visiting NDSU this weekend. I would think with his brother already on campus in MBB the FB staff would be on him.

Anyone hear if the staff is on Quinton Hooker's brother Amani Hooker? Looks like he has already been offered by UNI & USD and SDSU NDSU Wyoming and Northern Illinois are showing some interest. I think he is visiting NDSU this weekend. I would think with his brother already on campus in MBB the FB staff would be on him.

They have invited him to campus and have been in contact with him. Very good player. I'm guessing he will get some bigger offers after camp season.

Trent Pink, QB from Elk River, MN was at Saturday's practice. Not sure if you were referring to him, as who you saw at the Ralph? It looks like he was at SU the day before based on his twitter.

www.hudl.com/athlete/1930045/trent-pink