SiouxSports.com Forum

Penrose Cup

YaneA

Anyone else catch the debut of the Cup on Sweeney's sports report? It's right purty. He said although fans at the Ralph can see it this weekend they can't touch the Cup. That thrill reserved for NCHC's first champ.

They showed it briefly on Saturday night's webcast. I had seen pictures, but I didn't realize until then that it was about hip high. That thing is huge!

which is almost certain not us.

some of our fanbase likes conference trophies

I could care less about some penrose bs

I want a natty plaque

Really! Last time I checked, UND was in the mix for the Penrose and there's 4 weekends of hockey left.

Anyone else catch the debut of the Cup on Sweeney's sports report? It's right purty. He said although fans at the Ralph can see it this weekend they can't touch the Cup. That thrill reserved for NCHC's first champ.

Looking at the standings, it is very unlikely that the cup will be at anyones rink the last weekend of the year. League title could be decided the last game....heck, even a shootout!!

NHL has the Stanley Cup, WCHA has the Broadmoor (not sure of spelling), NCHC has the Penrose, NCAA has the ?????? trophy. Any name ever given to the NCAA trophy?

Actually, the WCHA has the MacNaughton Cup (regular season champion) along with the Broadmoor Trophy (playoff champion). The Broadmoor was commissioned by Colorado College after Michigan Tech left the WCHA for the CCHA in I believe 1981 before returning a few years later.

It is a month away from the inagural "Frozen Faceoff" and I have yet to see or hear about the NCHC tournament trophy. Anyone else have any info? Just curious.

Weren't you watching Starman and Holden last week? According to Holden, the Penrose Cup that he so gleefully showed off with his white gloves last Friday night, is the NCHC tournament trophy. It will be handed out at Target Center in a few weeks.

Nice work, CBSSN...and thanks for the reply to my e-mail.

Weren't you watching Starman and Holden last week? According to Holden, the Penrose Cup that he so gleefully showed off with his white gloves last Friday night, is the NCHC tournament trophy. It will be handed out at Target Center in a few weeks.

Nice work, CBSSN...and thanks for the reply to my e-mail.

Yeah, not sure how he missed the words "Regular Season Champion" on the front of it!!