SiouxSports.com Forum

MSU (6-6) @ UND (7-5)

SWSiouxMN

This game was lost in two areas........

At the FT line. 88% vs. 47%

Effort.

I blame the coaching staff for both.

No team that has seniors playing 70% of the minutes should ever shoot under 50% on free throws. This team does it a lot.

How do you come out so flat in a game like this? At home against an inferior team when you have a chance to separate from the pack.......

This program is Bi-Polar and has been for awhile.....

The question I have with this team is... who is its leader or leaders? I'm not saying by scoring...that's Huff, but who is the guy that gets these guys attention on the court, bench etc? I just can't identify who that is. I know they have captains, and those players are talented, but are they leaders? The coaching staff can't just get someone to be a leader- someone or a group of guys have to step forward and want to take that role. If the coaching staff does it, it's not going to work, because then it's forced. My concern is there isn't strong leadership, or "leader type" personalities on this team. The leader doesn't have to be the leading scorer or even a senior...but right now watching I can't for the life of me determine if they have one right now. I really think they could use one. But I don't go to practice and am not in the locker room so maybe I'm wrong.

This was a tough loss to swallow....but this is not over yet.

Oh it's over. Playoffs are about defense, rebounding, and intensity. This team is 0 for those 3. Still waiting for a Jones' signature win....what's it been, 8 years?

They played some pretty good defense and showed some serious intensity for about 2/3's of the second half. I don't understand where that was the rest of the game.

This team is an enigma. They have the talent to play with anyone and show it for stretches and then they just regress into something that is unrecognizable. I can live with getting beat on the boards, especially when our best line-up is 4 guards and a big, but you can't get continuously beat on the offensive boards like they did last night. Credit to MSU, they made a handful of bailout shots or drew a foul with less than 5 on the shot clock. Both of those are frustrating to see the opposing team do. Be interesting to hear what Jones has to say today. Still standing by my prediction of at least 6 wins in the last 9 games (currently 1-1).

Oh it's over. Playoffs are about defense, rebounding, and intensity. This team is 0 for those 3. Still waiting for a Jones' signature win....what's it been, 8 years?

I'm as mad as anyone right now, but couldn't the ass whopping against NDSU (who beat Notre Dame and is projected to be as high as a 12 seed in the tournament) earlier this year count for one of these?