SiouxSports.com Forum

MSU (6-6) @ UND (7-5)

SWSiouxMN

I'm as mad as anyone right now, but couldn't the ass whopping against NDSU (who beat Notre Dame and is projected to be as high as a 12 seed in the tournament) earlier this year count for one of these?

If beating a summit team is a signature win...
  • Upvote 1

All I've seen the past few years is UND making a run in the conference tournament.....

One win in the post season tournament isn't what I would consider a run. Being satisfied with one game "runs" in the big sky tournament, and beating ndsu being called a signature win, speaks volumes to how complacent we've become with this basketball program.

Exactly...to suggest beating SU this season is a signature win in the Jones era shows how some have lowered the bar expectation wise.

No offense to Beebsb010, but I think it shows how a small minority of posters, both here and in the football board, cannot escape their fixation with the AC.

Last night, we knew which team wanted it more. Every 50/50 ball went to MSU, when we would rebound MSU would always get a hand in the ball to knock it out. Pathetic performance at home.

That zone was BEGGING to get lit up!

I'd make the team run a no basketball practice and run 17/60s until I got my point across after that effort

You know let's just take Hooker out when he led us on a run and hit a big three. Seems logical right? Jones did a horrific job subbing today.

I also thought the rotation was horrible and its been like that for some time. I'm sorry but Calcaterra and Salmonson should not be in the rotation at all, they bring no threat of offense, no rebounding and no defense. I believe at one point last night we had 4 point guards on the floor so basically 3 players were out of position at once. At this point the rotation should be Traylor and Nash at the 5 only, Huff, Schuler and Stefen rotate the 3 & 4 with Webb, Hooker and Anderson rotate the 1 & 2. Thats our 8 strongest players for the stretch run and get ourselves into the conference tournament. The rotation is just all over the place and it seriously shows many times throughout the game.

• Upvote 1

This game was lost in two areas........

At the FT line. 88% vs. 47%

Effort.

I blame the coaching staff for both.

No team that has seniors playing 70% of the minutes should ever shoot under 50% on free throws. This team does it a lot.

How do you come out so flat in a game like this? At home against an inferior team when you have a chance to separate from the pack.......

This program is Bi-Polar and has been for awhile.....

MSU made 21 more free throws than us on our home court, they were 28 of 32. And speaking of free throws how horrible is Nash, he air balled one left of the rim. Why has no coach been able to get him to leave both hands on the ball further through his shot instead of this one handed shot that yields the ugliest FT's I have ever seen.

I would take it a step further and say beating Weber home or away at this point would even be a better win than the ac.

Beating Weber vs NDSU would simply be a question of if you prefer a top 50 rpi win, or a top 170 rpi win. Just depends on which you prefer.