SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Miami

AZSIOUX

This is what makes all these hate spewers look rediculous!

Sioux sweep, website is all quiet...

Sioux get beat, the world is coming to an end!

I feel today that the Hak and team supporters that know realistically what it takes to be a winner in college hockey, are loving the silence!

The fantasy people that think a loss is unexceptiple with the talent or the building or the tools or the blah blah blah.

Or winning a ton but not the big one means fire someone! Put a head on a platter!

I have this feeling (optimistic maybe?) It is going to be quiet around here for quite a while now! I hope!

Let's go SIOUX!!

• Upvote 1

I remember a time when beating the last place team in the conference at home wasn't as big of an accomplishment for Hak...

I mentioned it earlier that miami isn't your normal last place team. are they having a terrible year? absolutely. they are also the most talented last place team Hak has ever faced, and for as bad of a year that miami is having they are no tech or anchorage or mankato or bemidji state. does this sweep mean give hak a place on mount rushmore, absolutely not, but any sweep you can get in february isn't a bad thing either.

I remember a time when beating the last place team in the conference at home wasn't as big of an accomplishment for Hak...

A 9-2 win and making Miami look like they don't belong on the ice with us is an accomplishment. I can't even remember a team in the last 2 years crushing a team's will like that. I almost felt bad for Miami...almost :)

For as bad as they played last week they played awesome last night. Maybe Hak will figure it out and quit trying to system teams to death. Thought UND was lucky on Friday two very week goals but left no doubt last night. Which team is the real one is yet to be determined. Hak has a great record after Xmas but not so great once he gets to the dance. He needs to figure this out he will be replaced. This year is the first time the Ralph hasn't been full, Friday it couldn't have been even close to 10,000 and people leaving early just isn't the norm for Sioux fans.

The weekend sweep was awesome and badly needed by our team. That being said, we have to maintain the level of play we established this weekend for the next two weekends, both on the road (@UMD and @SCSU). This team cannot afford too many losses down the stretch from this point on. We need to play well all four games, not well one game and putrid the next (which happens way too often with this team). I know we still have a mathematical chance to win an at-large bid, but I would feel more comfortable about it if we at least make the NCHC tournament and win at least one game there. The next three weeks will determine how far this team can go.

This is what makes all these hate spewers look rediculous!

Sioux sweep, website is all quiet...

Sioux get beat, the world is coming to an end!

I feel today that the Hak and team supporters that know realistically what it takes to be a winner in college hockey, are loving the silence!

The fantasy people that think a loss is unexceptiple with the talent or the building or the tools or the blah blah blah.

Or winning a ton but not the big one means fire someone! Put a head on a platter!

I have this feeling (optimistic maybe?) It is going to be quiet around here for quite a while now! I hope!

Let's go SIOUX!!

How true.

Going bold! I love it. Look for UND to click early on the power play... God I hope so. Go sioux!!!

"cruise on Saturday" might be even more bold. Since when has UND done that?

Since last night, apparently...

From my preview:

"Miami is a better team than their record indicates, and Ryan McKay can definitely steal a game for the RedHawks. That being said, look for UND to click on the power play early and often and cruise on Saturday after winning a thriller on Friday night. UND 4-3, 5-2."

What do I win? :)

Dave

• Upvote 2

That's funny, I don't recall a time where a pre-season favorite to win the WCHA was sitting in last place in the conference in February after playing the Sioux. This wasn't Michigan Tech or Alaska-Anchorage out there this past weekend. Miami might be a hot mess out there, but hopefully they don't make a run like Michigan made in the CCHA playoffs last year.

Since last night, apparently...

From my preview:

"Miami is a better team than their record indicates, and Ryan McKay can definitely steal a game for the RedHawks. That being said, look for UND to click on the power play early and often and cruise on Saturday after winning a thriller on Friday night. UND 4-3, 5-2."

What do I win? :)

Dave

Um. You said 5-2, not 9-2... I kid I kid.

Seriously though, I'm about to go to Vegas with your predictions because they're scary good.

• Upvote 1

That's funny, I don't recall a time where a pre-season favorite to win the WCHA was sitting in last place in the conference in February after playing the Sioux. This wasn't Michigan Tech or Alaska-Anchorage out there this past weekend. Miami might be a hot mess out there, but hopefully they don't make a run like Michigan made in the CCHA playoffs last year.

Agree with your first sentence but after watching years of WCHA hockey you gotta agree Tech and UAA never laid down like Miami did last night. That was just flat out embarrassing. Hot mess describes the chicks gfhockey rolls with. Dumpster fire describes Miami.

Agree with your first sentence but after watching years of WCHA hockey you gotta agree Tech and UAA never laid down like Miami did last night. That was just flat out embarrassing. Hot mess describes the chicks gfhockey rolls with. Dumpster fire describes Miami.

Yea, I am stunned at what happened. I am not sure I've ever seen a starting goalie chased for the back-up, who is so bad that the starter is sent back in. Talk about humiliating...

Yea, I am stunned at what happened. I am not sure I've ever seen a starting goalie chased for the back-up, who is so bad that the starter is sent back in. Talk about humiliating...

Actually, that happened just a couple of years ago. It might have been against Cornell. The Sioux chased a number of highly ranked starting goalies that year. I recall at least one case where the starter went back in late in the game.

Edit: This game was actually during the 2008-2009 on Thanksgiving weekend. It was the Friday night game and Cornell came in on a hot streak and got pummeled that Friday night game. Something like 7-1 or 7-2.

I also seem to recall a time when the Gwoz did it as well.

Was at a high school game a few years back, and former UND player Al Henry was the coach of Devils Lake. His team was getting killed by a Grand Forks Central team that killed a lot of teams that year. He switched his goalies after every goal they gave up. And they gave up a lot of them.

True, Miami's effort had a lot to be desired, but I find it interesting that when the Sioux finally keep all their motors running throughout the game, instead of it being looked at as a positive, it is all about the other team laying down. I guess some people just always have to be pessimistic. Sad.

Actually, that happened just a couple of years ago. It might have been against Cornell. The Sioux chased a number of highly ranked starting goalies that year. I recall at least one case where the starter went back in late in the game.

Edit: This game was actually during the 2008-2009 on Thanksgiving weekend. It was the Friday night game and Cornell came in on a hot streak and got pummeled that Friday night game. Something like 7-1 or 7-2.

I also seem to recall a time when the Gwoz did it as well.

Denver pulled Marc Cheverie twice Jan 23, 2009. Pulled early in 1st, put back in to start the 2nd, then pulled again in the 3rd. Fun game to watch live!

Regarding Miami, they sure look like they're buying into their record. It's a shame for such a talented team to fall so far. Still, several more talented Sioux teams in recent years completed less sweeps in a season than this team. If they can find a way to generate offense on a consistent basis, they could be just as scary as anyone going into the tourney.

True, Miami's effort had a lot to be desired, but I find it interesting that when the Sioux finally keep all their motors running throughout the game, instead of it being looked at as a positive, it is all about the other team laying down. I guess some people just always have to be pessimistic. Sad.

Right on! I see lots of 'both sides of the coin' arguments here. "We suck so I predict a split with Miami" followed up by "yea, well Miami sucks and it's pretty sad when we celebrate a sweep over the worst team in the league" comments on Sunday morning.

A sweep's a sweep and UND has absolutely got to have some more confidence on their side going into this coming weekend.

• Upvote 1

Right on! I see lots of 'both sides of the coin' arguments here. "We suck so I predict a split with Miami" followed up by "yea, well Miami sucks and it's pretty sad when we celebrate a sweep over the worst team in the league" comments on Sunday morning.

A sweep's a sweep and UND has absolutely got to have some more confidence on their side going into this coming weekend.

Yeah, how about we be excited because the Sioux kept their foot on the gas and destroyed a team instead of getting up 4-1 and coming out in the 2nd period playing trap and pack in the defense?

Have to love the "celebrating a sweep against the worst team in the league" comments. Of course I'm celebrating it, we needed it and completed if convincingly!

• Upvote 1

I thought I was the only one thinking this...nice.

Can't make em happy.

Edit. I see some of my optimistic friends beat me to it.

Miami is 5 games from being .500 overall, granted they have not lived up to the hype in league. Some are make Miami out to be Colorado College, and Colorado College have only won 4 games all season and those 4 game were against league teams.

I thought I was the only one thinking this...nice.

Can't make em happy.

Edit. I see some of my optimistic friends beat me to it.

We seem to be winning some minds over, bigskyvikes. Just look at fightingsioux4life's last post - I read it several times over and have convinced myself that he's almost being positive with some of his comments.

Let's try to look at this objectively: 1) Miami entered the weekend dead last in the NCHC 2) They completely forgot to show up Saturday 3) They are easily the worst team I have seen play D in their own end in years 4) UND looked like a completely different team Saturday vs any other game I have seen them play this year.

So I think it was a combo of all the above...but I would like to think that if the players on UND are given the freedom to skate, create and pressure like they did Saturday that we will see more of that type of play moving forward regardless of how Miami played...especially on Saturday. If you have some horses you gotta let 'em run!

• Upvote 3

Let's try to look at this objectively: 1) Miami entered the weekend dead last in the NCHC 2) They completely forgot to show up Saturday 3) They are easily the worst team I have seen play D in their own end in years 4) UND looked like a completely different team Saturday vs any other game I have seen them play this year.

Deep breath there, gfhock, er, Oxbow6. Unicorns and glitter! Unicorns and glitter.

BRB...I have to change Hakstol's cat litter box.

Yeah, how about we be excited because the Sioux kept their foot on the gas and destroyed a team instead of getting up 4-1 and coming out in the 2nd period playing trap and pack in the defense?

Have to love the "celebrating a sweep against the worst team in the league" comments. Of course I'm celebrating it, we needed it and completed if convincingly!

now wouldn't that be something if und swept the worst team in the league and next week goes on the road and sweeps the best just to bookend it.