SiouxSports.com Forum

NAU (5-2) @ UND (4-3)

SWSiouxMN

I didn't get to watch on Thursday night but the team I watched today looks completely different than what I watched a few weeks ago. They are moving the ball around and if anyone starts to force anything, I noticed today that Jones was quick to get them to the bench. The flow was really good and there was very good effort on defense. Glad I got to watch today and hopefully we can keep this going the rest o fthe season and put ourselves in a good spot at the end of the season.

Good game by the team today. Liked what Stefan brought to the table and Salmonson showed that he can score a little bit down low. We still do not have much post defense but it is nice seeing our bigs score the past couple of games. Traylor would be really good if he just didn't get in foul trouble so quickly.

Anyone know if NAU's coach is the one that got a technical or something last season and then he gave the crowd the bird? I remember a coach doing that and I think it may have been him.

Hope they bring this effort on the road now for a 4 game stretch. We went out last year and swept the ewu/psu road swing last year. I expect that again to happen again IF they played liked this past week.

I am expecting/hoping we go at least 3-1. Anything less would be somewhat a disappointment.

Huff played just 17 minutes against NAU - I wonder if his limited time on the court will continue.

I thought this was very noticeable during the game against NAU. He started the second half but got taken out with about 12-15 minutes remaining in the game (and he didn't come back in if I remember correctly).

I thought this was very noticeable during the game against NAU. He started the second half but got taken out with about 12-15 minutes remaining in the game (and he didn't come back in if I remember correctly).

a guy sitting in front of me at the game always has his radio headset on. I asked him late in the game about Huff and he said he got dinged and they were worried about a possible concussion. At least that was the speculation.

a guy sitting in front of me at the game always has his radio headset on. I asked him late in the game about Huff and he said he got dinged and they were worried about a possible concussion. At least that was the speculation.

Something just seemed odd that he wasn't out there at all. I hope it was just for precautionary reasons, we will need him at his very best on this road trip.

Good game by the team today. Liked what Stefan brought to the table and Salmonson showed that he can score a little bit down low. We still do not have much post defense but it is nice seeing our bigs score the past couple of games. Traylor would be really good if he just didn't get in foul trouble so quickly.

Anyone know if NAU's coach is the one that got a technical or something last season and then he gave the crowd the bird? I remember a coach doing that and I think it may have been him.

NAU coach last season was a total jackwagon when he came to GF, screaming at the students and fans alike around the bench. I don't recall him giving the crowd the bird. He would have been a much bigger story to talk about had we finished the job last year.

Don't think that is the case, Huff took back to back horrible shots and immediately got sat down. He was benched due to his poor back to back shots. Jones has finally put the emphasis on good shots to all players and somewhere in an interview poor shots would not be tolerated, its all about ball movement and team. I like the message cause they have played much better team ball these last 3 games and with good team ball this team can beat anybody in this league.

Don't think that is the case, Huff took back to back horrible shots and immediately got sat down. He was benched due to his poor back to back shots. Jones has finally put the emphasis on good shots to all players and somewhere in an interview poor shots would not be tolerated, its all about ball movement and team. I like the message cause they have played much better team ball these last 3 games and with good team ball this team can beat anybody in this league.

I guess a question I have is why now? Why did it take him this long to do this? You would think this would have been taken care of earlier so we wouldn't have this issue. I do agree on the fact that if we keep playing like this the rest of the way we can win the Sky. This past weekend was the best I have seen them play all year (even vs NDSU).

I look forward to our rematches with Weber and UNC, we are a much different team then we play them last.

I know we won't 3 straight but let's not forget huff's contribution during that stretch. There is no way poss this team can win with Huff sitting. I disagree with you there. Plus, there is no telling how well Stefan will play moving forward. He had 2 good games out of 16.

we shall see what Jones decides. It'll be interesting.

• Upvote 1

I know we won't 3 straight but let's not forget huff's contribution during that stretch. There is no way poss this team can win with Huff sitting. I disagree with you there. Plus, there is no telling how well Stefan will play moving forward. He had 2 good games out of 16.

Huff is obviously very important to this team, but it's also important for him to remember he has 4 teammates on the court with him and when he's being covered by 3 guys that means someone is open. We are at our best when Huff is on the court AND not forcing shots.

I agree this team needs Huff playing like he did Thursday night. He played his best controlled game I believe I have ever seen him play and he still got his 20 points. Then on Saturday he starting playing like the selfish Huff in the 2nd half and Jones benched him after 2 very poor shots with 3 defenders on him. I've said it many times Huff will get his 20 if he is just patient and takes what the defense gives him, he does not need to force shots. The message was sent loud and clear, I just hope Huff responds to the benching and plays within the concept of the offense cause yes we do need Huff.

These are the first games that Stefan has been given a real good opportunity to show what he can do. How about at the end of the game when he almost threw down?

Something that should have been done 4 years ago.