SiouxSports.com Forum

Bubba's Staff: Who's it gonna be?.......and when?

Siouxperfan777

I caught most of the presser with the exception of the Q&A, and I too really liked the emotion he brought. I wasn't sure on this hire, but the emotion makes me feel better that he's going to work his tail off to make it happen. Can't wait for the staff to be announced.

I caught most of the presser with the exception of the Q&A, and I too really liked the emotion he brought. I wasn't sure on this hire, but the emotion makes me feel better that he's going to work his tail off to make it happen. Can't wait for the staff to be announced.

He said he is more prepared this time around (comparing this job to being HC at UMD), I hope he learned from his mistakes and takes full advantage of this job, and to get UND "respected". (his BIG word!!)

• Upvote 1

He emphasized competing. On and off the field. I love it. Challenging himself to improve the program, that will rub off on the players instantly.

The other part I really liked was the quote- "games are won in the fall, championships are won in the other three seasons." I have never been more frustrated to read about guys going home in the summer. UND needs to improve the strength and conditioning and hopefully Bubba and Baukol have already sat down and the plan is in place.

Hearing the passion and knowing Bubba already has a plan in place has me feeling good about the hire. I think the staff he puts in place is going to increase that. I like that he menitoned he has always kept a list of guys he's coached against and with to fill out his staff if he was ever a head coach again.