SiouxSports.com Forum

World Juniors

AZSIOUX

Very disappointed that they didn't learn that discipline matters vs. Canada. I hate the Russians. Please let them lose their next two. Have we ever beaten them at the WJC?

Never in the medal round, did beat them on Christmas day at theralph (ovechkin and malkin both on that team), but lost to them in the medal round.

I thought you might be...wasn't sure of the other two as anti-Lucia venom is pretty high around here sometimes.

Lucia and his players will get a bit more rest before the second half of the college season. :silly:

I couldn't help but think how, when those blatant cfb's were not called on Russia, how Lucia teams are used to getting away with stuff while opponents are paraded to the penalty box. He may now know how it feels.

A friend just texted me - he's listening to Ray Ferraro on the radio and Ferraro said that a couple of the USA players were surprised to find out after the loss that they were out of the tournament. I hope that's not true... ???

Yikes...I sure hope that isn't the case.

Lucia and his players will get a bit more rest before the second half of the college season. :silly:

I couldn't help but think how, when those blatant cfb's were not called on Russia, how Lucia teams are used to getting away with stuff while opponents are paraded to the penalty box. He may now know how it feels.

If that game didn't teach Lucia what it looks like to see Kyle Rau on the other side nothing will.

Looks like the semi's sit like this:

Russia vs. Sweden (watch your backs Sweden, because CFB was not a penalty today)

Canada vs. Finland

I'd love to see Russia play Canada for the bronze. And Russia to win on some garbage officiating mistake. I can't imagine what TSN would be like right now had you put Canada in place of the U.S. in that game. Those officials wouldn't have left the arena without death threats.

A friend just texted me - he's listening to Ray Ferraro on the radio and Ferraro said that a couple of the USA players were surprised to find out after the loss that they were out of the tournament. I hope that's not true... ???

Having no consolation round might be a surprise to some, but I doubt any believed they could still medal. They looked properly gutted on TV. The boys were just plain stupid. Get a lead vs. Canada and then start a parade to the box. Same vs. Russia.

Looking at the team I think they ended about where their talent is. They racked up goals vs. bad goalies, but didn't really have the finishing ability when things got tough. Good thing there is always next year!

Sorry to go off topic a bit but does anyone know where I can find archived video footage of the full game of the 2005 World Junior Championship game between Canada and Russia? I've scoured YouTube, IIHF's site and TSN's website and cant find it anywhere.. just some highlights...

Having no consolation round might be a surprise to some, but I doubt any believed they could still medal. They looked properly gutted on TV. The boys were just plain stupid. Get a lead vs. Canada and then start a parade to the box. Same vs. Russia.

Looking at the team I think they ended about where their talent is. They racked up goals vs. bad goalies, but didn't really have the finishing ability when things got tough. Good thing there is always next year!

There was more than a enough talent on this roster to win it all. They had goaltending, grit and decent defense.That's just hockey, and the way the cookie crumble sometimes.

There was more than a enough talent on this roster to win it all. They had goaltending, grit and decent defense.That's just hockey, and the way the cookie crumble sometimes.

Losing that game to Canada was huge, being forced to beat Russia, Sweden, and Canada within 4 days is brutal.

Go Sweden.

• Upvote 1

We didn't have the real top-end skill guys like in years past though...no Kane, Parise, Kessel in the mix.

Canada has first round draft picks slotted to play scoring roles in the NHL on scoring lines, and first round draft picks slotted as bottom 6 playing bottom 6 roles...they are stacked...

Forsberg is awesome as well.

That Sweden group is fun to watch. Four lines going hard at you all game long. The only time the Slovaks were in their end was when they were on the power play. Could have been 10-0 if not for some great saves by the Slovak goaltender.

Really hoping they just kill Russia.

That Sweden group is fun to watch. Four lines going hard at you all game long. The only time the Slovaks were in their end was when they were on the power play. Could have been 10-0 if not for some great saves by the Slovak goaltender.

Really hoping they just kill Russia and Canada.

FYP.

I wouldn't care if Russia threw the 1980 Soviet team out onto the ice this weekend...ANYONE BUT CANADA!

Road trip! Me, you, vintage USA hockey jerseys and all the red/white/blue face paint we can carry.

We'll dominate Montreal next year! (Buddy system at all times)

Road trip! Me, you, vintage USA hockey jerseys and all the red/white/blue face paint we can carry.

We'll dominate Montreal next year! (Buddy system at all times)

You actually want to join "bad luck" mafia in cheering for the US, or are you going to cheer for Russia/Canada, so that they will automatically lose? :xmas:

• Upvote 1

The notion that Minnesota gets away with more calls than any other elite program including UND is laughable.

You actually want to join "bad luck" mafia in cheering for the US, or are you going to cheer for Russia/Canada, so that they will automatically lose? :xmas:

I think my bad luck curse of '98 was reversed in double in '06 as I was in attendance for the HC/Minnesota and Michigan/North Dakota games. Wilbur's safe.

советский хоккей!

I think my bad luck curse of '98 was reversed in double in '06 as I was in attendance for the HC/Minnesota and Michigan/North Dakota games. Wilbur's safe.

советский хоккей!

That may have been me bringing good luck, however :lol: