SiouxSports.com Forum

UND hosts 2015 Regional

airmail

I was thinking the same thing. I we make a regional this year I would bet we will be with MN...never fails.

And that's another correct assumption, in my book. UND and Minnesota can now bank on being in the same regional year after year after year after year after year...

Because my post was thick with sarcasm...

You see, UND changed the nickname like the NCAA wanted...and is still getting the shaft. Now the company line is "well, you should have done it years ago and we wouldn't be in this situation and the NCAA would give us regionals and stuff." No, they wouldn't.

Ah that went over my head, but yes, I agree.

Now that it appears Notre Dame gets to play on their home ice because no other Midwest team bid to host and UND/Scheels won their bid thanks to being the only non-home ice arena in the west to place a bid, it appears we may have shot ourselves in the foot by placing bids for both REA and Scheels.

???

• Upvote 1

Now that it appears Notre Dame gets to play on their home ice because no other Midwest team bid to host and UND/Scheels won their bid thanks to being the only non-home ice arena in the west to place a bid, it appears we may have shot ourselves in the foot by placing bids for both REA and Scheels.

???

Just saw this as well...I should be surprised but I am not.

???

But, do you think the NCAA would've chosen UND's bid over the other applicants if all West Region bids were submitted with only on-campus arenas? If you believe the NCAA hates us you would have to believe they would've given the bid to someone else if we had only submitted REA.

But, do you think the NCAA would've chosen UND's bid over the other applicants if all West Region bids were submitted with only on-campus arenas? If you believe the NCAA hates us you would have to believe they would've given the bid to someone else if we had only submitted REA.

Good point....they passed on UND's bid for the women!

That's true. Duluth would've gotten it for sure.

Is there anything false about his tweet? The Ralph and UND put in 2 bids for the regional tournaments. One was to be held at the Ralph. The other was a joint bid with Scheels Arena. Therefore Scheels couldn't outbid the Ralph if the Ralph was part of the bid.

Hammer's tweet was the first time I heard anyone say anything about Fargo outbidding the Ralph. Sounds like he hangs out with too many of the "uneducated" himself.

Hammer's tweet was the first time I heard anyone say anything about Fargo outbidding the Ralph. Sounds like he hangs out with too many of the "uneducated" himself.

He probably has a lot of Fargo followers, and that sounds like something they would say. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a bunch of BSvillers claiming that Fargo and Scheels outbid the Ralph.