SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

Don't believe it was tailored to any one candidate.

normally the job description is tailored to a certain candidate to make it easier to show the und legal team (evans) that the "points" for other applicants aren't enough to justify an interview?? still a reason why NFL was used...

Bubba did good job here. His strengths would be he can recruit, he is respected by area hs coaches and he has contacts in Illinios, Missouri, Iowa and the SIU areas. His players play for him. He did good job at UMD. There isn't one guy on list who is head and shoulders above all others. I would interview Bubba and Pflugrad. They would need to convince me they can get the job done. Their past records and experience get them the interview. No one on this board knows enough about these guys to say it should be one guy. Pflugrad has been able to win and is familiar with the Big Sky. That says a lot. He has some baggage and I don't think e know how much or how little. I wouldn't interview the guy who strangled his wife. There are 4-5 guys on FBS staffs who have to be looked at. Need to get going. The open records law hurt us. The law doesn't keep us from moving this along. Wish someone could keep Edwards and Jackson here for one more semester to give new staff shot at turning things around.

Bubba did good job here. His strengths would be he can recruit, he is respected by area hs coaches and he has contacts in Illinios, Missouri, Iowa and the SIU areas. His players play for him. He did good job at UMD. There isn't one guy on list who is head and shoulders above all others. I would interview Bubba and Pflugrad. They would need to convince me they can get the job done. Their past records and experience get them the interview. No one on this board knows enough about these guys to say it should be one guy. Pflugrad has been able to win and is familiar with the Big Sky. That says a lot. He has some baggage and I don't think e know how much or how little. I wouldn't interview the guy who strangled his wife. There are 4-5 guys on FBS staffs who have to be looked at. Need to get going. The open records law hurt us. The law doesn't keep us from moving this along. Wish someone could keep Edwards and Jackson here for one more semester to give new staff shot at turning things around.

Would Bubba have the option to bring in Deboer as OC, or would the assistant coaches salary not be competitive enough?

Would Bubba have the option to bring in Deboer as OC, or would the assistant coaches salary not be competitive enough?

He would have the option. Faison nows we need to upgrade asst. salaries. New coach will likely find place for the guys staying here to recruit but will assign them their duties.

normally the job description is tailored to a certain candidate to make it easier to show the und legal team (evans) that the "points" for other applicants aren't enough to justify an interview?? still a reason why NFL was used...

Need to keep Evans away from this. Not competent enough nor experienced enough to be anything but a hindrance.

• Upvote 1

Timing not good for move right now is what I was told.

Who do they really have their eye on then....because it just seems odd to me to wait all this time and then hire someone they could have a week ago. I have a feeling that he is still trying to talk someone into it. Any read on who that could be?

Who do they really have their eye on then....because it just seems odd to me to wait all this time and then hire someone they could have a week ago. I have a feeling that he is still trying to talk someone into it. Any read on who that could be?

Nope. I'm glad he reached out to Bollinger. Means he is paying attention to the someone with great upside.

I'm convinced that the next head coach of UND football has yet to named on this forum. I think Faison has his guy targeted and we will all know who it is a week from tomorrow.