SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

sounds like going to last a little more then tomorrow....end of week is the deadline apparently....

Faison doing a very thoro job...

hope he doesn't over analyze this!

also ughhh guys im with say the one they believe Faison is going after isn't even on the list....wtf!!!

bubba!

bring him back!!!

fire Faison?

also they say the companies they own/manage have stepped up a bit and that 150 figure that was posted wont be the salary. expect it to increase.

sorry for all the posts

im pissed!

they dk the name!

trust me I asked!

like fort knox around grand forks...why is this so tite lipped!

wtf!

I remember my first beer

Not to many 16 and 17 year olds know who "brooks bollinger" is.

His "name recognition" with recruites is probably less than 5%.

They were in elementary school playing 4 square when he was playing at Wisconsin.

His "nationally known" only if your from gf or Wisconsin or closely follow backup nfl qbs.

• Upvote 1

If Faison is indeed going after someone not on the list, how can that be a bad thing? The target could easily be a great coach. Most were not completely satisfied with the list anyways. Faison probably has a quality coach in mind. And even though I expected it, I like hearing that the base salary will be closer to $200,000 than $150,000.

I have faith that Faison will hit a home run. There's a lot of good coaches out there.

https://twitter.com/waynenelsongf

Wayne thinks at least 10 days out...he wouldn't be surprised if the next HC has not applied.

I heard something similar from another source earlier today. They thought maybe by the end of next week, but that the application wouldn't actually come through until shortly before that. They also said that Faison had things locked down and there probably wouldn't be a leak until they were ready to announce.

In today's society, a formal interview is on the phone or Skpe with the urine drug screen done the first day on campus.

I do not know a lot about what makes a football coach great or the specifics of what UND needs. I do know that Bubba is a class act as a man and that goes a long way in anything, even coaching.

I don't drink beer so I won't follow that lead.....what will be, will be....

No one has mentioned who would have maybe turned down Faison. Is he on his fourth round draft choice?

I heard something similar from another source earlier today. They thought maybe by the end of next week, but that the application wouldn't actually come through until shortly before that. They also said that Faison had things locked down and there probably wouldn't be a leak until they were ready to announce.

Probably a good thing is all honesty, but it sure kills the fun on here.

what do you think the base salary will be increased to??

Faison probably has a range he is working with, with $150,000 as the bottom edge of that range. My guess is that the top end is over $200,000, and he may have a little flexibility based on the coach. He will negotiate the final rate within that range.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205097251

So I snooped through the history of New Mexico State football and found this guy. Was there from 2001-2004, and is now at Nebraska. Started out his career as a G.A. at Northern Iowa. He is also the recruiting coordinator at Nebraska. If there is a shot in the dark guy I would think he would be it from Faison's past relationships at new Mexico State.

http://www.huskers.c...TCLID=205097251

So I snooped through the history of New Mexico State football and found this guy. Was there from 2001-2004, and is now at Nebraska. Started out his career as a G.A. at Northern Iowa. He is also the recruiting coordinator at Nebraska. If there is a shot in the dark guy I would think he would be it from Faison's past relationships at new Mexico State.

Gotta think it might be a good time to get out from under Pellini.

wild hogs ok?

get this thread back on topic!

they claim Faison tailered the the advertisement cuz they use a "point system" and most matches to his job listing gets most points and inturn gts the interview to be hired....

what a load of crap

I hate point systems

I applied to be a firefighter once and iw as already down ten points cuz im white and a guy!

http://www.huskers.c...TCLID=205097251

Interesting find. Covers a lot of the bases.