SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

Well I'm getting all depressed, so I decided to go look at some videos that lift my spirits. I'll share for your enjoyment.

I watch the Holy Cross clip every once in a while, it makes me laugh every time...I laughed for a half-hour when it happened.

Both guys present positives:

Bubba is a defensive minded guy from this state. Has UND and regional ties.

DoBoer has an excellent head coaching record and possesses that mindset we need to knockoff ranked teams and FBS teams. Heck, he used that attitude to play spoiler against us!

I think Bubba gets the job, but I'd like to see new blood in the program with DoBoer. Plus the attitude transformation that is required to beat the "big boys" would come with DoBoer.

• Upvote 1

NDSU is paying there coach a base salary of 260k for them to promote the DC to HC. Why are we so shocked with the quality of applicants when our minimum salary on the position is at 150k. Coaches follow the paycheck and you get what you spend......The bottom line is we need a minimum of 250k IMHO to get the caliber of coach we are discussing on here. At our salary we get Bubba and Deboer....

Klieman's base is 260k, but he is guaranteed a total or $316k. It will be interesting to see where the salaries for HC and assistants end up.

Klieman's base is 260k, but he is guaranteed a total or $316k. It will be interesting to see where the salaries for HC and assistants end up.

A lot of money for an unproven entity. To pay him damn near what Bohl made is absurd. Bohl earned his way to that salary.

Again, Klieman's base at NDSU is very abnormal for FCS. I believe Delaney at Montana has a base around $180k. Gene Taylor saw how big of a mess hiring from the outside was at UND and in a panic did everything he could to retain a coach so they wouldn't lose all their recruits. The fact that his base is well above Bohl's speaks to this.

Again, Klieman's base at NDSU is very abnormal for FCS. I believe Delaney at Montana has a base around $180k. Gene Taylor saw how big of a mess hiring from the outside was at UND and in a panic did everything he could to retain a coach so they wouldn't lose all their recruits. The fact that his base is well above Bohl's speaks to this.

Part of it was his total compensation package did not include gate revenues (3%) like Bohl's did and it was made up in other areas including base. If they wanted Klieman to stay instead of go to Wyoming, they had to make it worth his while which they did. I thinK Klieman will be a good coach, but there again, he needs to bring in a good assistant staff. With a decent pool, he will likely be able to attract some good talent.

Bohl was getting a cut of season ticket sales that Klieman will not get. Although Klieman's base is higher than Bohl's, his total compensation will be less.

I don't think GT really cares about what UND is doing. If he went external he said he would make a hire in 7-10 days. He also said he didn't want to move backwards in what he was paying a coach or his assistants.

NDSU hired a head soccer coach externally in 8 days. So obviously it can be done on that time frame at our school, not sure what is going on at UND that it would have to be this difficult. Maybe Faison just couldn't get the guy he wanted to commit.

I don't think GT really cares about what UND is doing. If he went external he said he would make a hire in 7-10 days. He also said he didn't want to move backwards in what he was paying a coach or his assistants.

NDSU hired a head soccer coach externally in 8 days. So obviously it can be done on that time frame at our school, not sure what is going on at UND that it would have to be this difficult. Maybe Faison just couldn't get the guy he wanted to commit.

Does he care what UND is doing? Probably not. Did he make a mental note that the open records laws turned it into a circus? Absolutely.

Does he care what UND is doing? Probably not. Did he make a mental note that the open records laws turned it into a circus? Absolutely.

There is no doubt that he wanted to avoid a circus at all costs. It would have been bad for recruiting and distracting for the team that is still competing in the playoffs.

But he did wait a week before naming a coach, not sure he really panicked. I actually thought he handled the whole thing very well.

Bubba will work his rear end off...this is his dream job

For deboer is a stepping stone...he was the one who dismantled our prgoram...

I want green blood in here.

Was he not working his rear end off at SIU? That whole staff is facing unemployment.

Bubba will work his rear end off...this is his dream job

For deboer is a stepping stone...he was the one who dismantled our prgoram...

I want green blood in here.

I do kinda like that.

For the rumor about Mussman going to SU (which has to be ludicrous doesn't it? ...doesn't it?), offenses we had were pretty good with him. Let's assume the new coach is Bubba (there's worse bets in the world right now), Bubba obviously knows Muss, any chance he's the OC. I know it would be unbelievably odd, but his kids go to school here. I think he genuinely really liked it here. idk... He's gonna be an OC somewhere probably.... just throwing it out there