SiouxSports.com Forum

Vikings

Fetch

The Vikings could not have handled this worse but at least they finally showed some stones...even though Goodell has none.

Talk about bungling this from the get-go...total organizational ineptitude. I wonder what new evidence came out between yesterday and this morning that led the Vikings to reverse their decision? Hint: none.

I'm no fan of Keith Olbermann, but he's totally correct here: the National Free-fall League.

The smart move for Peterson may be to cop a plea to a misdemeanor charge, and some sort of probation tied to anger managment or parenting, or a deferred prosecution agreement, to resolve the case.  He's probably paying his attorney over $600/hour, so he'd better get his money's worth.

I wonder how much influence the league had here and if they kind of stepped in behind the scenes and told the Vikings to do this or I they really just didn't anticipate the backlash because what really could have changed from Monday to now. The question becomes does AP try to take a plea deal at the October date and try to get back on the field this year or does he continue to try to fight and go through the whole trial and miss the whole season while getting paid.

I watched the Olbermann show yesterday for the first time yesterday and it will be the last time I do. Watching the segment on AP yesterday he definitely got what he wanted even though some of the things he said about the AP situation were not close to correct but overall why do people watch his show regularly? He definitely seems to think he is above everybody and seems to have no problem letting everybody know that.

Looks like the Vikings have an 11 CT press conference and the Wilfs are finally expected to speak.

Some interesting NFL player reaction today:

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk  ·  58m  

Reggie Bush is pro-Adrian Peterson, pro-spanking http://wp.me/p14QSB-9zGo

Brad Galli @BradGalli  ·  2h

Calvin Johnson said the way he'll discipline his children will be a private matter. He said putting hands on a woman is not a private matter

Carlos Monarrez @cmonarrez  ·  2h

Calvin Johnson: "I'm going to discipline my children. And can't nobody tell me how to discipline my children."

Darren Wolfson @DarrenWolfson  ·  1h

Captain M. passionate: "I don't get it. He not guilty of anything yet. ... He should be able to play. ... Been treated unfair." #vikings

Darren Wolfson @DarrenWolfson  ·  58m

In a locker room full of scripted answers, Munnerlyn let loose. Said Adrian is a great father. Said he was disciplined same way as a kid.

Master Tesfatsion @MasterStrib  ·  1h

Captain Munnerlyn, who grew up in Mobile, on AP's discipline: "I don't see the big deal. People are blowing it out of proportion." #Vikings

Master Tesfatsion @MasterStrib  ·  20m

Munnerlyn: "If Adrian wasn’t in the limelight,I don’t think this would be coming up at all bc you raise your kids how you raise your kids."

Master Tesfatsion @MasterStrib  ·  1h

Everson Griffen on Peterson: "It hurts. We all want the guy to play." #Vikings

I wonder how much influence the league had here and if they kind of stepped in behind the scenes and told the Vikings to do this or I they really just didn't anticipate the backlash because what really could have changed from Monday to now. The question becomes does AP try to take a plea deal at the October date and try to get back on the field this year or does he continue to try to fight and go through the whole trial and miss the whole season while getting paid.

I watched the Olbermann show yesterday for the first time yesterday and it will be the last time I do. Watching the segment on AP yesterday he definitely got what he wanted even though some of the things he said about the AP situation were not close to correct but overall why do people watch his show regularly? He definitely seems to think he is above everybody and seems to have no problem letting everybody know that.

Looks like the Vikings have an 11 CT press conference and the Wilfs are finally expected to speak.

The guy was too outspoken for MSNBC, kinda tells you all you need to know. (before the politics get into it, yes, FOX is just as bad on the other side)

People thought I was nuts 2 years ago when I said they should trade Peterson and Allen for a bunch of draft picks and start rebuilding the right way...how's that looking now?

It's never easy being a Vikings fan.

You know, this could work out in the Vikings favor.  If they tank this season (and there is a good chance they will), they'll get another high draft choice in the 2015 draft.  They will get the unexpected opportunity to add another impact player to the roster.  And since I believe AP has played his last game in purple, I think it's time to think about making an offer to Jerry Jones for his services next season after this season is over.  Jones is one owner who won't care about all the controversy surrounding Peterson; all he cares about is getting big attractions to fill that stadium of his.  If Michael Irvin can do some of the things he did as a player, anything is possible with Jerry Jones.  I hope they are thinking about it.

I'm curious about the pictures being released of Peterson's child -i've read they were released illegally & no doubt made the case blow up. So who is going to get sued over the pics ? - I think he was wrong but can't help but feel he would still be playing until it went to court

Horrible penalty call on Munnerlynn there and it is a gamechanger as the drive is extended and the Saints take advantage and score. Munnerlynn had Brees wrapped up and threw him to the ground if the ref doesn't want that to happen all he has to do is blow the whistle when Brees gets wrapped up otherwise it is a guessing game for the defense. Then they allow Brees to jump up in someones face and shove him but refs think that's okay because QBs are harmless.

• Upvote 1

Horrible penalty call on Munnerlynn there and it is a gamechanger as the drive is extended and the Saints take advantage and score. Munnerlynn had Brees wrapped up and threw him to the ground if the ref doesn't want that to happen all he has to do is blow the whistle when Brees gets wrapped up otherwise it is a guessing game for the defense. Then they allow Brees to jump up in someones face and shove him but refs think that's okay because QBs are harmless.

That call was absolutely brutal. Brees was not down by contact and the tackler himself was already on the ground. It wasn't his fault that Brees went down hard.

Why don't we just give QB's two flags that defenders can try to grasp for? Flag football just for the QB position. Ridiculous.

That call was absolutely brutal. Brees was not down by contact and the tackler himself was already on the ground. It wasn't his fault that Brees went down hard.

Why don't we just give QB's two flags that defenders can try to grasp for? Flag football just for the QB position. Ridiculous.

Not to defend the call, but I think referees are being pressured by the league to watch for anything that even looks like roughing the passer and then throw the flag.  Some balance needs to be found with this or this will become flag football.

Not to defend the call, but I think referees are being pressured by the league to watch for anything that even looks like roughing the passer and then throw the flag.  Some balance needs to be found with this or this will become flag football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4152jH1UeHk

I'm not a Vikings fan but I've watched this 100 times and still fail to see what the tackler did wrong here.  He's falling down on his back himself...what's he supposed to do to make sure Brees doesn't break free as opposed to joining him on the turf? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4152jH1UeHk

I'm not a Vikings fan but I've watched this 100 times and still fail to see what the tackler did wrong here.  He's falling down on his back himself...what's he supposed to do to make sure Brees doesn't break free as opposed to joining him on the turf? 

I agree with you, but the league is determined to stamp out Roughing the Passer at any and all costs. :sad: