SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU at UND

homer

I have been hearing from my family that their D is pretty shabby but this RB is running wild on them. What gives? He must be the only one they need to stop.

He is a stud, and our junior high tackling skills are making him look even better. At this point we should just stick 5 guys on him alone and see if SDSU even has a second play in their offensive playbook besides giving it to Zenner every single play.

To me the keys to where we ended up in the game now,besides obviously Zenner.

Pass Interference on UND, which seemed like a call that should never be called, didn't see any interference.

When getting into the backfield, ND are going deep, even when SDSU is running inside, if you run down the line you possibly get a hit on the side of zenner knocking him off balance, instead of letting him drive through you.

Turnovers. Tough anytime where you are losing the turnover game, expecially if it is by more then 1.

QB's need to slide, you are not a running back, if you get a good chunk of yardage, slide, protect yourself, protect the ball.

your commentator a few minutes ago said he hasn't had more than 46 yards in a single game against NDSU.

I think that's accurate...I know it he didn't hit 50 yards in either of the games against NDSU last season. We just have to figure out how to adjust when NDSU devotes a lot of its resources to covering Zenner....that's an opportunity.

Now the defense needs to REALLY step up and come up with a stop or a turnover. You know that SDSU is just going to continue giving it to Zenner every single play and run down that clock.

Even on that last carry of the quarter by Zenner, the defender actually wrapped him up properly for the tackle, but he is so strong in his legs he pulled the defender for 2 yards before going down. Defense was there and tackled him properly, but he still managed to squeak out a few yards.