SiouxSports.com Forum

Football Intro Music

GeauxSioux

I picked this topic up from the SFI chat this afternoon. I am a New Orleans Saints fan and and have witnessed that the song Halftime by the Ying Yang Twins, gets the place rocking. I suggested this for hockey a few years ago and was pretty much told to shove off. After I thought about, I agreed. It doesn't translate to hockey.

Having a football stadium full of people dancing and yelling "Here we come to get you",though, works.

Oh, oh

Okay, okay, okay, okay

Oh

Hey, I'm trying to get crunk

C R U N K

Tell 'em how we gonna call, crunk

Tell 'em why they don't want none, crunk

Tell 'em why they better run, crunk crunk, crunk

Stand up and get crunk, crunk

Stand up and get crunk, crunk

Here we come to get you, you better get crunk

Here we come to get you, a little bit more crunk

Here we come to get you, you better get crunk

Here we come to get you, a little bit more crunk

Crank it up, that's what we gonna do

Crank you up, me and my brother we came to get crunk

We won't stop, we keep on comin' 'cause

We won't quit, that's why we keep bringin' it

Flame away and/or come up with something better.

Crunk

crunk

/krəNGk/

noun

noun: crunk; plural noun: crunks

a type of hip-hop or rap music characterized by repeated shouted catchphrases and elements typical of electronic dance music, such as prominent bass.

adjective

adjective: crunk

black slang

(of a person) very excited or full of energy.

"get crunk with some raw hip hop"

Pantera..."Cowboys from Hell"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xeaGxmjPvQ

Ahh come on

Under the lights where we stand tall

Nobody touches us at all

Showdown, shootout, spread fear within, without

We're gonna take what's ours to have

Spread the word throughout the land

They say the bad guys wear black

We're tagged and can't turn back

You see us comin'

And you all together run for cover

We're takin over this town

Crunk

crunk

/krəNGk/

noun

noun: crunk; plural noun: crunks

a type of hip-hop or rap music characterized by repeated shouted catchphrases and elements typical of electronic dance music, such as prominent bass.

adjective

adjective: crunk

black slang

(of a person) very excited or full of energy.

"get crunk with some raw hip hop"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crunked

1. crunked

to get high and drunk at the same time

http://www.urbandict...hp?term=crunked

1. crunked

to get high and drunk at the same time

You could likely search any word in the in Urban Dictionary and find a perverted version. For example, I took the ordinary word "running" and check out #7.

I think the standard dictionary of the word crunk works better with the lyrics than the Urban Dictionary anyway.... "very excited or full of energy."

You could likely search any word in the in Urban Dictionary and find a perverted version. For example, I took the ordinary word "running" and check out #7.

I think the standard dictionary of the word crunk works better with the lyrics than the Urban Dictionary anyway.... "very excited or full of energy."

Ok, throw out any definition for the word...that song is brutal!! More than likely the intor song has already been selected. Hopefully "Back in Black has been retired and they have come up with something that will be better and LOUDER!!!!

Umm... Most people 30 and younger know that crunk does not mean "excited or full of energy."

Here is the dictionary definition of the word skeet:

a shooting sport in which a clay target is thrown from a trap to simulate the flight of a bird.

Try and tell me rappers are talking about shooting clay targets instead of shooting something a bit more inappropriate

• Upvote 2

Just need a song that builds excitement in the building, not only for the fans but also the players. It shouldn't be that hard to come up with. By this time, the intro video is likely already revised and solidly in place for tomorrow nights game; I just hope they fixed what they needed to and got it right.

Personally, I think Enter Sandman or Boom would nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J_P7o10EBk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqWZqQXk_Ao

Just need a song that builds excitement in the building, not only for the fans but also the players. It shouldn't be that hard to come up with. By this time, the intro video is likely already revised and solidly in place for tomorrow nights game; I just hope they fixed what they needed to and got it right.

Personally, I think Enter Sandman or Boom would nicely.

disagree on the players...if a song/video gets the fans excited and making noise and what not, that should probably be enough. Heck, the players can probably barely hear thunderstruck in the dome, but they can sure hear the fans.

disagree on the players...if a song/video gets the fans excited and making noise and what not, that should probably be enough. Heck, the players can probably barely hear thunderstruck in the dome, but they can sure hear the fans.

Umm, yeah, builds excitement in the building for both the fans and the players. If the fans get excited then the players get excited also. Last year's entrance video barely got the fans off their feet. It was just too quiet and the song (Back in Black) didn't fit as a "build-up" song.

So if NDSU changed songs(or only had the band play) the excitement level on the intro would be the same?

That into was awesome. I stood there waiting for Back in Black to start then the Welcome to the Jungle intro starts and I was like...HOLY CRAP!! They did finally get that right the only downfall is the music before the game and in between plays is too DAMN loud.

That into was awesome. I stood there waiting for Back in Black to start then the Welcome to the Jungle intro starts and I was like...HOLY CRAP!! They did finally get that right the only downfall is the music before the game and in between plays is too DAMN loud.

I couldn't disagree more. Its not a funeral, its a football game, I thought the PA did great the first half of the first quarter piping in music when we were on D. It seemed to stop when the game wasn't in doubt 5 min in.

• Upvote 1