SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Valpariso

gfhockey

I see valpo is picked to finish tenth in the pioneer league.

I think this is an important game for UND. All of the new freshman students who have no idea about the football atmosphere or what goes on during a game will get first taste of UND football.. WE need this game to be entertaining...a big party...a win...keep crowd engage please and make sure they have a good time so we get them keep coming back.

Unfortunately many of them will probably be gone by halftime in a game that UND should win by at least 50. The biggest thing for me will be how many people are in the stadium when the shoe hits the leather, and what the atmosphere is like in the first quarter.

Attendance wise, I'll say over 10,000....I hope.... :huh:

It is puzzling as to why football has such a hard time retaining fans. I really believe a different stadium that was on campus could do wonders. I remember watching games at the Alerus center, and I never did like the building. Horrible building to watch football in.

• Upvote 1

It is puzzling as to why football has such a hard time retaining fans. I really believe a different stadium that was on campus could do wonders. I remember watching games at the Alerus center, and I never did like the building. Horrible building to watch football in.

My belief is that the Alerus center is to blame as well. There are probably several other reasons, but that is number one in my opinion. Bring in field turf, renovate it however you want, its just not the place I want to be on a sunny Saturday afternoon in the fall. Heck, a cold and rainy Saturday afternoon would be fine at an outdoor stadium.

• Upvote 1

My belief is that the Alerus center is to blame as well. There are probably several other reasons, but that is number one in my opinion. Bring in field turf, renovate it however you want, its just not the place I want to be on a sunny Saturday afternoon in the fall. Heck, a cold and rainy Saturday afternoon would be fine at an outdoor stadium.

So losing to NAIA teams didn't have anything to do with it? Or losing players like Weston Dressler, Ryan Chapel, Digger Anderson, great OL play, etc? Winning matters. The atmosphere in the FargoDome used to be incredibly bad.

Yes, Memorial was always full of students when there was inclement weather. Lol. The Alerus has had a great atmosphere in the past and can again, plus its really up to the fans to take it upon themselves to make it a great atmosphere. I'm a firm believer that most students suffer from attention deficit disorder. No student could sit in their seat in todays world and just enjoy the game, instead they have to be entertained, either by the building or by their cell phones. How did we ever manage before all these things?

• Upvote 3

So losing to NAIA teams didn't have anything to do with it? Or losing players like Weston Dressler, Ryan Chapel, Digger Anderson, great OL play, etc? Winning matters. The atmosphere in the FargoDome used to be incredibly bad.

Note, I said several different reasons were probably to blame. Like the ones you listed. :lol:

One Cheer I plan to bring to the table is a red zone cheer. RED ZONE DEFENSE not another yard. RED ZONE defense shut them down. I also may start a pregame student section stretch count.( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 UND will win the game). I have class though before the Thursday game and will not be there until kickoff if I am lucky. I may try it out though at the alum volleyball game Saturday 24, as I am moving in early this fan.

I know at memorial we would smuggle in shooters to the game and go to tailgate more at half time....you cant do that now a days.

eh, if you bring ladies to the game they can usually smuggle stuff in. Security men don't want to feel them up much and get in trouble.

• Upvote 1