SiouxSports.com Forum

Fall Camp 2013

geaux_sioux

When was the last time UND had a QB that played 90% of the snaps of a season? Landry?

In my dream world Mollberg takes the reigns, and under Freund's guidance becomes the reincarnate of Freund and becomes a four year letter winner and All American after winning Freshman of the year honors in the Big Sky.

His senior season the Sioux....errr....UND and NDSU finally meet in Fargo and UND continues its Fargo Dome dominance in a 28-24 win.

When was the last time UND had a QB that played 90% of the snaps of a season? Landry?

In my dream world Mollberg takes the reigns, and under Freund's guidance becomes the reincarnate of Freund and becomes a four year letter winner and All American after winning Freshman of the year honors in the Big Sky.

His senior season the Sioux....errr....UND and NDSU finally meet in Fargo and UND continues its Fargo Dome dominance in a 28-24 win.

With all due respect to Freund, he had nowhere near the tools that Mollberg possesses.

In my dream world, the best QB takes the reigns regardless of who they are or where they're from.

And why wait four years to take down the scream yellow team?

• Upvote 2

Are they pretty much equal in terms of arm strength and accuracy?

Pretty much. Joe has a slightly stronger arm and quicker release while Ryan has slightly better touch. Also his throws tend to lean a little bit which gives a receiver more surface area to catch, i.e. easier to catch.

They're both realistically incredibly ahead of the game for freshman. Both could start and be studs.

In my dream world, the best QB takes the reigns regardless of who they are or where they're from.

And why wait four years to take down the scream yellow team?

I hear ya, the sooner the better as far as the Ag school goes. And you're right, I lean to Joe because of where he grew up in proximity to North Dakota.... :blush:

Which is the scary part. Could walk out with a lot of records after four years. And I think Danny would agree with you 100%.

Tools are great, but you have to be able to utilize them correctly.

If he ends up being 80% of Freund as a QB, I will be thrilled.

I think Freund was/is underestimated. Great cerebral QB with lightning quick release and great accuracy. Was also pretty dang athletic himself.

That being said, I hope Mollberg utilizes his tools to become a better QB than Freund was. That would be great.

• Upvote 2

I think Freund was/is underestimated. Great cerebral QB with lightning quick release and great accuracy. Was also pretty dang athletic himself.

That being said, I hope Mollberg utilizes his tools to become a better QB than Freund was. That would be great.

I think Freund was very underrated as well. Talk about consistency as a QB. I hope he's in the conversation when the old timers talk about the best UND QB's of all time.

• Upvote 1

I hold him in very high regard myself. He had unbelievable touch with his passes and Marino like footwork. At the end of the day he wasn't that big and didn't have a strong arm at all. He was able to make up for his physical shortcomings with his intangibles. Watching Freund Dressler Chapple and Trenbeth was a thing of beauty.

• Upvote 1

It is hard to tell how they are really doing. Like most coaches this time of year, the two coordinators spoke highly of the progress. Iguess the only way to really be sure is to play that second game. The first game will tell a little, but nothing real will be proved until then.

According to Freund there are three scouts from different teams at practice today. I know scouts have been to practices in the past but has there been scouts from three different teams at the same practice before?

Who do you suppose they are looking at?

Hardin is definitely the one who's drawing the attention but that doesn't mean they aren't looking for anybody who impresses. Several years ago when the Packers drafted Josh Sitton they only knew about him because they went to UCF to scout Kevin Smith. They took a late round flyer on Sitton and now he's one of the better guards in the league. You never know who's going to catch a scout's eye.