SiouxSports.com Forum

#1 in Attendance

GeauxSioux

UND is the new #1 in hockey attendance and it isn't even close.... UND tops nation in men's hockey attendance - UNDSports.com: Official Web Site of University of North Dakota Athletics

2012-13 Average Attendance Leaders

1. North Dakota 11,592

2. Minnesota 9,950

3. Wisconsin 9,521

4. Nebraska Omaha 7,233

5. Colorado College 6,979

6. Boston College 6,384

7. Minnesota Duluth 6,206

8. Michigan State 5,869

9. New Hampshire 5,521

10. Michigan 5,357

Best fans in the country.

• Upvote 3

Does anyone know are they Team owned or can u invest in a AHL team

Minnesota Wild management can claim lack of an agreement with Toyota Center all they want...we all know the move was designed to make it easier (and cheaper) to shuffle players back and forth from St Paul to Iowa as needed.

Totally true and a completely inaccurate statement - it's easily TWO-THIRDS of the seats that are empty, not a third as stated by watchmaker49. :lol:

So I was off by a third. It has been this way for years in Minnesota. But I guess my eyes were deceiving me when I see all those empty seats on TV.

They use archived footage of a UND-Minnesota game for the TV crowd shots, always a good Gopher crowd then (just have to stay away from the Sioux jerseys in the crowd).

:lol: Or they can just change the colors of the jerseys in the stands like Sports Illustrated did for the Baylor football team this past fall...

http://jimromenesko.com/2012/11/29/sports-illustrated-changes-color-of-baylor-uniforms/

Minnesota Wild management can claim lack of an agreement with Toyota Center all they want...we all know the move was designed to make it easier (and cheaper) to shuffle players back and forth from St Paul to Iowa as needed.

That's not accurate. Shuffling players was a negative for the move. When you call players up, if the Wild are in, say Vancouver, it'll be difficult to get a player to Van on short notice due to Des Moines not being close to a large airport Hub like Houston.

Totally true and a completely inaccurate statement - it's easily TWO-THIRDS of the seats that are empty, not a third as stated by watchmaker49. :lol:

If its the third period and the Gophers are behind, or if the Gophers get behind by three at any point, at least 80% of the seats are empty.

That's not accurate. Shuffling players was a negative for the move. When you call players up, if the Wild are in, say Vancouver, it'll be difficult to get a player to Van on short notice due to Des Moines not being close to a large airport Hub like Houston.

That's why you call players up when the team is in St Paul for a home game...a 3 1/2 hour drive is a lot cheaper than a last-second flight from Houston to Boston, Vancouver, or Montreal.

The Aeros also paid about $23K per home game in Houston...it'll be less than half of that amount in Des Moines.