SiouxSports.com Forum

#1 in Attendance

GeauxSioux

I don't think the story here is about UND or MN.... All MN cares about is tickets sold, unfortunately..... But both have been steady for quite sometime. It's all about Wisconsin dropping like a rock.

3 years ago they averaged just over 15k.

2 years ago they averaged just over 13k.

Last year they we around 11.7k.

Now they have dropped to 9.5k.

Now I know they had some outdoor games to inflate the average in the past as well as a few games at the Dane to bring numbers down this year. But they are clearly in trouble if this trend continues.

Really good point. Although I assume much of that is attributed to Eaves style of play. It actually seems like its been getting worse to watch the past couple years.

I don't think the story here is about UND or MN.... All MN cares about is tickets sold, unfortunately..... But both have been steady for quite sometime. It's all about Wisconsin dropping like a rock.

3 years ago they averaged just over 15k.

2 years ago they averaged just over 13k.

Last year they we around 11.7k.

Now they have dropped to 9.5k.

Would be interesting to see if their basketball attendance increased or decreased over that same period.

Now I know they had some outdoor games to inflate the average in the past as well as a few games at the Dane to bring numbers down this year. But they are clearly in trouble if this trend continues.

• 1 month later...

Wisconsin fans: From the Kohl Center to the side of a milk carton.

Athletics officials received no shortage of comments from hockey fans. Among them:

• "Take steps to improve game-day atmosphere such as increased marketing to increase attendance, allow signs, etc., in student section."

• "Allow signs, noisemakers, other items to enhance the environment."

• "Allow beer sales at the Kohl Center."

• "The value is severely diminished when you do not get Minnesota and/or North Dakota at home."

Last season, the Badgers sold one of their home games against archrival Minnesota to a company that staged it outdoors at Chicago's Soldier Field.

"Sending your premier rivalry game to Chicago shows disrespect to your fan base," one comment read.

Read more: http://host.madison.com/news/local/city-life/satisfaction-waning-for-ticket-buyers-in-two-of-badgers-biggest/article_82852df8-b61f-5a0c-b7e1-1a4fea95c63a.html#ixzz2WLUHc52n