SiouxSports.com Forum

What conference will the other Dakotas be in 2015?

SiouxVolley

Where do the other Dakotas go?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Where will the other Dakotas go?

• Summit League will survive
    • Merge with the Horizon Leauge
    • The MVC will take pity on them and save the MVFC
    • Big Sky will take them in
    • The WAC will add them
    • Somewhere else. (make comments)
    • Independents except football

Looks like a lot of them want us to join the Scummit/MVFC. The only way I see UND even considering joining the Slummit is if Douple is gone.

Wouldn't UND have to pay a big sum of money to leave the BSC too? And also, Isn't the BSC a better conference? It has Football already.

Wouldn't UND have to pay a big sum of money to leave the BSC too? And also, Isn't the BSC a better conference? It has Football already.

Which is why I said Douple leaving would be the only way UND would even consider the Slummit/MVFC (consider, but not necessarily join). Overall the BSC is a better conference, however, travel and a wish to reunite with the other Dakota schools could lead UND to consider moving its sports. At this point I'd say the Slummit would need to add a couple other quality schools before UND should take them seriously though.

There was a SIU fan that posted on AGS he would like to see USD gone. I don't think schools on the eastern part of the MVFC would allow UND to join. As for UND joining the Slummit...no f*n way!!!!

UND would have zero interest in joining the Summit. The MVFC would be fine for football but UND would want nothing to do with the Summit. If Oakland leaves I can't imagine any quality school having any interest in joining the Summit with what is going on there.

I think it's funny that Bison fans don't think that the BSC is an option. Sounds like the Summit, isn't a very good option anymore.

Bison fans all seemed to think NDSU and the Big Sky was a marriage made in heaven back 10 years ago. When NDSU was forced into a marriage with the fat chick Summit (nice name for a really really big chic!), guess Bison fans have a bit more morals about divorce than I thought. :hypocrite:

Looks like a lot of them want us to join the Scummit/MVFC. The only way I see UND even considering joining the Slummit is if Douple is gone.

i think most summit supporters would also like douple gone.

Which is why I said Douple leaving would be the only way UND would even consider the Slummit/MVFC (consider, but not necessarily join). Overall the BSC is a better conference, however, travel and a wish to reunite with the other Dakota schools could lead UND to consider moving its sports. At this point I'd say the Slummit would need to add a couple other quality schools before UND should take them seriously though.

better conference at what? certainly certainly not basketball, and I think it would be pretty tough to argue football at this point.

anyway, if NDSU, SDSU, and USD were to join the BSC, the bigsky instantly becomes extremely unstable. NDSU and SDSU would be two of the top 3 programs in the sky right now, and if UND can take the next step next year, we could be in a situation where three of the top4 schools in the bigsky are actually some fringe bunch of midwestern schools. I bet NAU and Sac st etc etc would really love flying to the dakotas twice a year for an automatic beatdown.

Until there is a fully dakota-centric multisport conference, all the dakota schools, including UND, will be nothing but a source of instability for any conference they are in.

better conference at what? certainly certainly not basketball, and I think it would be pretty tough to argue football at this point.

anyway, if NDSU, SDSU, and USD were to join the BSC, the bigsky instantly becomes extremely unstable. NDSU and SDSU would be two of the top 3 programs in the sky right now, and if UND can take the next step next year, we could be in a situation where three of the top4 schools in the bigsky are actually some fringe bunch of midwestern schools. I bet NAU and Sac st etc etc would really love flying to the dakotas twice a year for an automatic beatdown.

Until there is a fully dakota-centric multisport conference, all the dakota schools, including UND, will be nothing but a source of instability for any conference they are in.

That statement is so ass backwards and preposterous that it had to have come from bisonville. The fallacy in that statement is that no one wants to join a Dakota-centric conference, because few people live here. That's the precise reason that ORU, UMKC, and Oakland bailed on the Summit: it's too Dakota dominated and that buys the other schools nothing on the home front.

If the Big Sky becomes a 16 team league for football with divisions, the Dakota schools would be in a separate division so they won't turn off the Pacific Time Zone schools. Sac, Poly, Davis, Portland don't have anywhere else to go.

• Upvote 3

I didn't realize the slummit was a multi-bid basketball league? Oh wait....... :whistling:

And the BSC has had an FCS champion as recently as 2010 (Eastern Washington). And they likely will have more in the future.

Buttfootball. ButtRPI.

The BSC is far more stable than the summit. BSC and Summit basketball are the same as both are 1 bid conferences (right now), anything else is meaningless. BSC basketball has Montana and Weber St, Slummit has SDSU. BSC and MVFC football are the same (not same styles, but same competitiveness). Ndsu is on a good run right now for football, but that doesn't place the entire conference above all others.

I don't advocate for inviting ndsu to the BSC, I'd prefer they collapse in a no-bid summit. :devil:

• Upvote 1

better conference at what? certainly certainly not basketball, and I think it would be pretty tough to argue football at this point..

When did the Summit add football? And the leagues have been back and forth on who is the better basketball league, but the point has already been made: Both are one bid leagues so it doesn't really matter.

Regarding the MVFC, the eastern schools got travel concessions when USD was added. Doubt they'd be jumping for joy at adding UND. And do you see Douple going to bat for UND convincing the MVFC to add them?

The Big Sky is better than the Summit at being stable and not being at risk for losing automatic bids.

I would actually rather see UND and UNC join the Summit and the MVFC. Our addition would help stabilize the Summit. It's much better geographically for travel and recruiting. Selfishly I would be able to travel to away games again. The BSC schools are just too far away. I would also like to see our old rivalries renewed with the other Dakota schools and UNO. Although playing the Montana schools has been great we could still play them OOC.

Bison fans are way over estimating how strong the Summit is. The way they are losing key strong members every year the strength of the Summit is fading fast. If they could use all the former members in basing the strength of the Summit it would be pretty good. I don't think they can do that though. Isn't that called living in the past.

Bison fans are way over estimating how strong the Summit is. The way they are losing key strong members every year the strength of the Summit is fading fast. If they could use all the former members in basing the strength of the Summit it would be pretty good. I don't think they can do that though. Isn't that called living in the past.

They don't want to join the BSC because they are pinning their hopes on a SL/HL merge. Either that or NDSU joining the HL, MVC, or the MAC (Lakesbison's dream). Reality is showing that time is running out and with Oakland gone and with their AQ gone in baseball (which could easily have DU moving out of the SL) their strong conference is nothing but denial.