SiouxSports.com Forum

MafiaMan Offseason Forum Page

Blackheart

I will take some Tangy Jalapeno Cheddar Summer Sausage and Jalapeno Cheddar beef sticks, and Turkey Jalapeno Cheddar Summer Sausage. I am big fans of Jalapeno's.

Hope to bring those as well as others next March. Course you have to have an in with Mafia if you're going to get them all. Maybe let him pass you in post count by March?

Should have spoke sooner, I'm on the road,will be in GF tomorrow for the series. Not sure where we at sitting,we're picking up tickets from a Doc there, if he's got time away from Markmac, St. Claire,and Rodwell. Always parts missing when we come to a series, but they always win as well. Hope that doesn't change this weekend.

I'll have my hogg sprig hat so maybe you can find us. Along with a knock off of the leather Sioux coat that Scheels sold a few year back, not leather but looks much the same for way less $.

I will take some Tangy Jalapeno Cheddar Summer Sausage and Jalapeno Cheddar beef sticks, and Turkey Jalapeno Cheddar Summer Sausage. I am big fans of Jalapeno's.

You better lay off that stuff today. I'm sure your stomach is still churning after watching last night's Red Wings/Bruins game. I love watching red and white paint dry!

Course you have to have an in with Mafia if you're going to get them all. Maybe let him pass you in post count by March.

I'll have my hogg sprig hat so maybe you can find us.

If Goon put down his iPhone today and didn't touch it until the Final Five, er, NCHC Tournament, I would have to come up with 150 posts per day until then in order to catch up to him.

Bonus points if fellow hat-wearers bump into each other this weekend (or anytime) and post in the hat thread about it.

If Goon put down his iPhone today and didn't touch it until the Final Five, er, NCHC Tournament, I would have to come up with 150 posts per day until then in order to catch up to him.

Bonus points if fellow hat-wearers bump into each other this weekend (or anytime) and post in the hat thread about it.

Lap top and Nook is what I use. I don't use the iPhone to post here.

http://www1.umn.edu/...ca_policies.pdf

To promote an atmosphere of respect the University of Minnesota Athletics Department shall

make every effort to avoid scheduling home events with schools that use Native American

mascots. The use of Native American mascots by athletic teams is perceived by many in our

community as portraying Native American culture in demeaning and stereotypical ways.

Consequently, the department will strongly discourage the scheduling of athletic events on

campus when the team(s) involved use Native American mascots. When teams using Native

American mascots participate in athletic events on this campus, the Native American mascots,

nicknames and symbols will not be permitted to be displayed (except as they pre-exist on teams

uniforms, equipment and apparel). Teams will be described and announced using the

institution’s name only.

In addition, the University of Minnesota's Athletics Department shall make every effort not to

host any preseason, regular season or postseason competition at sites, venues, or facilities which have

membership requirements or practices which result in discrimination on the basis of race,

gender, national origin, religion or sexual orientation.

IF A TEAM HAS A NATIVE AMERICAN MASCOT NAME AND THE NCAA HAS APPROVED IT AND

THERE ARE NO RESTRICTIONS ON THAT TEAM, THEN THIS POLICY DOES NOT APPLY.

In short, if its racist and hurtful, we should avoid playing your school...UNLESS the NCAA says it's ok, then this policy goes right out the window.

• Upvote 2

http://www1.umn.edu/...ca_policies.pdf

To promote an atmosphere of respect the University of Minnesota Athletics Department shall

make every effort to avoid scheduling home events with schools that use Native American

mascots. The use of Native American mascots by athletic teams is perceived by many in our

community as portraying Native American culture in demeaning and stereotypical ways.

Consequently, the department will strongly discourage the scheduling of athletic events on

campus when the team(s) involved use Native American mascots. When teams using Native

American mascots participate in athletic events on this campus, the Native American mascots,

nicknames and symbols will not be permitted to be displayed (except as they pre-exist on teams

uniforms, equipment and apparel). Teams will be described and announced using the

institution’s name only.

In addition, the University of Minnesota's Athletics Department shall make every effort not to

host any preseason, regular season or postseason competition at sites, venues, or facilities whichhave membership requirements or practices which result in discrimination on the basis of race,

gender, national origin, religion or sexual orientation.

IF A TEAM HAS A NATIVE AMERICAN MASCOT NAME AND THE NCAA HAS APPROVED IT AND

THERE ARE NO RESTRICTIONS ON THAT TEAM, THEN THIS POLICY DOES NOT APPLY.

In short, if its racist and hurtful, we should avoid playing your school...UNLESS the NCAA says it's ok, then this policy goes right out the window.

AMEN, Brutha! Hypocrisy at it's finest - from both the NCAA and the twin cities college.

So do the goofier fans,.......bring those "smallpox blankets" to the Florida State games...or does the state spelling bee just chant racial slurs ??

To be fair I think that was a UMD guy with the goofier shyteforbrains but still....

Yea, that clown was a UMD hockey fan...he goes by the name of DrunkHockeyGuy over on GPL and runs the Duluth Bulldog fan site as well.

Yea, that clown was a UMD hockey fan...he goes by the name of DrunkHockeyGuy over on GPL and runs the Duluth Bulldog fan site as well.

Yes, but his buddy helping him with the chant was the gofer super fan 'Cardinal'...he used to do the gofer hockey breakdown with Paul Allen on Kfan each week...don't know if he is still on the air but if he does come on its a good time to change stations. :)

Yes, but his buddy helping him with the chant was the gofer super fan 'Cardinal'...he used to do the gofer hockey breakdown with Paul Allen on Kfan each week...don't know if he is still on the air but if he does come on its a good time to change stations. :)

Yea, Cardinal's the Gopher fan and DHG is the Bulldog fan. Both putzes.

Whatever happened to Fire Helmet Guy #26 on this site?

• 1 month later...

I hope the penalty was for a violent slash! ;)

Nope, it was a tripping penalty. I was trying to push the ball up along the boards and ran into a guy. He completely "LeBronned" a belly-flop onto the ice and the referee bought it hook, line, and sinker.

The linesman was laughing as I was crawling into the penalty box.