SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux NCAA Natl Viewing Parties?

BigChief

Via Schlossman, details on the viewing party at Ralph Engelstad Arena

Ralph Engelstad Arena will host a free viewing party for the NCAA men’s hockey Midwest Regional game against Niagara at 4:30 p.m. Friday.

-Free admission

-Free parking

-Doors open at 4 PM, broadcast to begin at 4:30 PM

-$3 Dippin’ Dots

-$3 Draft beer

-$3 Hot dogs

-Special 2013 men’s hockey playoff t-shirts available in the Sioux Shop

Guests are asked to park on the north side of the venue and use the main and southwest doors.

***If UND wins Friday, Ralph Engelstad Arena will also host a viewing party for the Midwest Regional Championship game on Saturday at 3 PM.

The UND Alumni Association usually sends out an email containing a list of viewing parties across the country. I'll keep an eye out for it and post here.

Here is what I found out for Minneapolis viewing parties for this Friday's game at 4:30PM:

Joe Senser’s Restaurant and Sports Theatre

4217 West 80th Street, Bloomington, MN. 952-835-1191

http://www.sensers.com

Details: Banquet room reserved for UND fans. Game audio broadcast in Banquet room. Located in the southern Twin Cities suburb of Bloomington right off 494 & France Ave.

The Alley Sports Tavern

100 N 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55403. 612-367-8365

http://www.thealleysportstavern.com/

Details: Party Room reserved for UND fans with two 50" HDTV's with game audio. Located in downtown Minneapolis near Target Center. There is a Timberwolves game Friday night so parking may be a challenge.

Anything in Dickinson ND? I'm back home visiting the 'rents and would prefer watching te game somewhere else in HD...

No kidding....I'm gonna be in Dickeyville for work..may not get to head out to the inlaws for game time so if you find a place with the game on let me know...there is a new sports bar called players up on 21st by the new sax so maybe the best option....

Also shoot me a pm I can probably have that star for ya

No kidding....I'm gonna be in Dickeyville for work..may not get to head out to the inlaws for game time so if you find a place with the game on let me know...there is a new sports bar called players up on 21st by the new sax so maybe the best option....

Also shoot me a pm I can probably have that star for ya

It's been 2.5 years since I have been back here...I wasn't aware that Happy Joe's had closed or that there was a 'new' Sax Motors...

It's been 2.5 years since I have been back here...I wasn't aware that Happy Joe's had closed or that there was a 'new' Sax Motors...

The new Sax opened a few weeks ago. Looks like a really nice facility. It's about a mile north of I 94 on Hwy 22 and then east less than a block. Go east at the traffic lights south of the new Wally World (21st Street maybe?). Players is right east of Sax. Pretty decent food but a little pricey, it looks like they are going for a little more upscale than basic sports bar. Plenty of big screens. You are going to notice plenty of other changes in the last couple of years.

Good the games are early in the day, as you don't want to be in any kind of bar at night in any of these oil towns. Two more killed in Williston/Tioga last weekend.

The new Sax opened a few weeks ago. Looks like a really nice facility. It's about a mile north of I 94 on Hwy 22 and then east less than a block. Go east at the traffic lights south of the new Wally World (21st Street maybe?). Players is right east of Sax. Pretty decent food but a little pricey, it looks like they are going for a little more upscale than basic sports bar. Plenty of big screens. You are going to notice plenty of other changes in the last couple of years.

I appreciate the tip...will see if I can work out logistics and check it out.

Plan on going to Players if the internet / consolidated plan falls through. If it is on ESPN3 I have a shot at watching it at home. Consolidated is not the most Sioux freindly company, I email gripes all the time ;). I have been to Players twice to watch Sioux games, both times epic fail. They didn't have the Direct or Dish subscription. i have watched a Sioux game at Champs in the past. It is on Villard attached Paragon bowling alley. Glad I get the goofer game to test run my viewing options. :lol: