SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Bracket challenge

jimdahl

Still can't figure out why I every time I picked a winner of a game Boston College kept getting auto-filled in my bracket! :silly: Oh ya, east coast bias...right Jim? :)

Most of us would have been better off replacing our actual picks with Boston College for pretty much the last decade.

I'm using reverse psychology, Minnesota to win it.

Based on my results in Sioux Survivor this year, I have just doomed them to a 6-1 first round loss.

So, it's Opposite Day in Bizzaro World or would that be the equivalent of a double negative?

Here are the Consensus Picks.

About the same number of people picked Minnesota (12.4%) as KRACH's predicted odds for them (14.9%).

Not so for Quinnipiac, which KRACH gave an 18.7% chance, but only 1.8% of people picked. Most expect them to fall to BC in the regional.

No one expects a first round exit for UND (2.5%), and the remaining think that exiting the region (69.5%) essentially means winning the Frozen Four (62.8%).

We love the WCHA -- 4-seed Wisconsin (59.6%) is favored over 1-seed Mass.-Lowell (40.4%), as is 3-seed Denver (53.5%) over 2-seed New Hampshire (46.5%), though 1-seed Notre Dame (56.7%) eeks out a win over 4-seed St. Cloud St (43.3%).

Except Mankato -- though KRACH actually says Mankato is a 50.2 to 49.8 favorite, only 19.6% of Sioux fans expect them to defeat Miami.