SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 NCAA TOURNEY - 2 wins to the Steel City

AZSIOUX

I ain't scared of the Gophers. You have to beat 4 good teams to win the title.

Damned straight. Assuming we get by Niagra, and further assuming Chokes slip by Yale (both pretty big assumptions this season), it will be great to blow a hole right through the Gopher plans. Anything can happen any given day. Why not get the Gophers out of the way and to their corn planters as soon as we possibly can? If Yale doesn't do it, either Niagra or North Dakota will. Book it. See y'all in Pittsburgh. Get your Frozen Four tickets now.

• Upvote 1

Damned straight. Assuming we get by Niagra, and further assuming Chokes slip by Yale (both pretty big assumptions this season), it will be great to blow a hole right through the Gopher plans. Anything can happen any given day. Why not get the Gophers out of the way and to their corn planters as soon as we possibly can? If Yale doesn't do it, either Niagra or North Dakota will. Book it. See y'all in Pittsburgh. Get your Frozen Four tickets now.

I have had them for a while but am worried I will have to sell them off next week.

there is not a chance in hell that yale beats minny. i would bet my house on that or anything else anyone would want to wager. there is abetter chance of us losing to niagara than minny being upset by yale.

Bet you said that the Holy Cross year also?

How about against CC? Stick your head in the sand!

there is not a chance in hell that yale beats minny. i would bet my house on that or anything else anyone would want to wager. there is abetter chance of us losing to niagara than minny being upset by yale.

I will put a beer on it. :)

This team's best hockey IMO started after the St. Clown debacle at home with a tie wtih SCSU on Jan. 26 then continued thru UNO series when they went 3-0-2 in that stretch. Gotta win 4 straight...fingers crossed!

Right, to quote the late race car driver from Bemidji, Minnesota John Seitz, "go hard or go home." Nortth Dakota Hockey is right on this one.

• Upvote 1

@SchlossmanGF: DU will travel 400 more miles for its regional this weekend than BC has traveled for regionals in the last 13 years COMBINED.

@SchlossmanGF: BU and BC have got on a plane 3 times for a regional in the last 13 years. The teams lost by four goals in 1st rd each time.

@chnews: Recent committee member: "Was shocked at how they did it ... Supposed to protect the #1 seed with #16 and #8 for 2nd round. Didn't do it."

• Upvote 1

@SchlossmanGF: DU will travel 400 more miles for its regional this weekend than BC has traveled for regionals in the last 13 years COMBINED.

@SchlossmanGF: BU and BC have got on a plane 3 times for a regional in the last 13 years. The teams lost by four goals in 1st rd each time.

@chnews: Recent committee member: "Was shocked at how they did it ... Supposed to protect the #1 seed with #16 and #8 for 2nd round. Didn't do it."

Good to see other people are figuring this out too.

and in st. paul we had to play minny, green bay we had to play denver, wisconsin in madison and du in colorado springs. who from hockey east has bc had to play in their region in the last five years-no one. the teams from the west get screwed when it comes to this and teams from the east get pampered to ensure they have the easiest route to the frozen four.

and in st. paul we had to play minny, green bay we had to play denver, wisconsin in madison and du in colorado springs. who from hockey east has bc had to play in their region in the last five years-no one. the teams from the west get screwed when it comes to this and teams from the east get pampered to ensure they have the easiest route to the frozen four.

Yeah, fine. Guess what? It's playoff time. Put 'em through the zamboni doors anyway.

Pampered or not, the backs are too the wall and it's time to light the lamp early and often.

I don't care who we play, or where. It's playoff hockey. 'Nuff said. Win one game, then win the next one.

• Upvote 1

Bucci with some good stuff today

@Buccigross: Most Frozen Fours, 2013 Field

23 – Boston College

20 – Minnesota

19 – North Dakota

13 – Denver

11 – Wisconsin

7 – New Hampshire

@Buccigross: Most NHL Draft Picks 2013 Field

15- Minnesota

14- North Dakota

12- Notre Dame

9 – Wisconsin

7 – Boston College, Denver

5 – Miami, St. Cloud

@Buccigross: Only five of the 16 teams in the NCAA Hockey Tournament field have won national championships. Den, ND, Wisco, BC, Minny,

@Buccigross: Canisius is only team making 1st appearance in NCAA Tournament. Earlier this season Canisius saw first alum reach the NHL, Cory Conacher

@goon48 Most NCAA Title’s, 2013 Field

5 – Boston College

5 – Minnesota

7 – North Dakota

7 – Denver

6 – Wisconsin

0 – New Hampshire

That team with the "0" you have listed is the one that I have winning it all this year. The "University of No Hardware" finally gets theirs.

• Upvote 1

That team with the "0" you have listed is the one that I have winning it all this year. The "University of No Hardware" finally gets theirs.

So! Don't you owe me a bunch of beer already? I will go down to Fargo and collect on that bet...

Edited by Goon

You can't spell 'New Hampshire will never win the ultimate prize in college hockey' without U-M-I-L-E.

• Upvote 1