SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs MICHIGAN TECH - Saturday Game 2

AZSIOUX

Thoughts:

~Can't care for the last ten minutes of the game. That second period just sucked the life out of the building.

~Rocco is worse than snake bitten....I'm not sure what you call it......

~Although he's snake bitten, Rocco has to be on the top unit. O'Donnell was just invisible.

~Made an average goalie look good. Those saves he's making if UND goes upstairs they score. Give him credit for making the saves though.

- For most of the game our boys looked like they were just out for an easy recovery skate. That was really depressing to watch. No heart (except for Rocco and Kristo).

- The word for Rocco is jinxed. He ain't in a slump, he just ain't scoring.

- That said, you are right, he NEEDS to be on the top line. He brings jump to any line he is on, and out top line needs that if we are going to score like we can.

- Tech goalie made the easy saves, and had a bit of luck on some others. Can't really ask for more from a net minder.

to the fans that keep clamoring for Rocco to be on the top line... he could and should have won several games for us this year that he could not, including tonight and saturday night against Bemidji. kid is loaded with talent but I very much agree that he is more than snake-bit.

My thoughts are Dave has to pull his head out of his azz and realize that he has to stop making line adjustments. And also realize that he made a mistake letting Eides go. Eides was he only one that was vocal on the coaching staff now you got a bunch of guys who sit on there aZZes and don't do crap

Eides graduated,Eades was associate coach.

to the fans that keep clamoring for Rocco to be on the top line... he could and should have won several games for us this year that he could not, including tonight and saturday night against Bemidji. kid is loaded with talent but I very much agree that he is more than snake-bit.

Never have seen a Sioux player like it. I'm not sure what it is. Now he can redeem alot of the misses with finally putting a few in tomorrow night but I won't hold my breath. Other than that what a piss poor effort from the rest of the boys. 7 minutes of hockey aint gonna cut it.They better win or my first ever final five will not be the same. Damn you Sioux.

Agree totally and he still should be up there I think. So many great chances ad he misses.

Teams, especially in the playoffs, are going to do everything they can to shut down Corban and Danny. That is why you have to get secondary scoring. We did not, even though Rowney and Rocco had a couple chances.

Michael Parks needs to get it going, and O'Donnell just flat out needs to do something...

Perhaps more importantly our defense played poorly. I don't know what has happened to Forbert- he started the season playing well, and now he looks really bad. Schmaltz still looks like a freshman. Gleason got manhandled. Again, only Simpson and Mac look like SIoux defensemen.

Passing was absolutely awful. Weak passes, telegraphed passes, passes to the backhand or in the skates. No cycle, no give and go. No flow out of the zone. Trouble with our entries.

Game turned when we took a penalty to negate the 5 minute man advantage and then worse, gave up a 4x4 goal to start the second.

Bottom line is you need to score more than 1 goal to win games. We came out sluggish, tech came out hard. We were not moving our feet or the puck withurgency...its got to be fast. Perfect but slow does not work.

Never have seen a Sioux player like it. I'm not sure what it is. Now he can redeem alot of the misses with finally putting a few in tomorrow night but I won't hold my breath. Other than that what a piss poor effort from the rest of the boys. 7 minutes of hockey aint gonna cut it.They better win or my first ever final five will not be the same. Damn you Sioux.

All if this. My first FF as well. COME ON MAN!

Extremely upsetting to see the lack of urgency from UND. Almost thankful that there is a third game because it seems like Tech won the first two.

Tomorrow night is a toss up. Get outplayed once shame on me......get outplayed twice.....uhh ohh....

Gophers close out after being down 2 goals, SCSU has a no doubter and we sit here mired in a slump. This team has not been the same since Omaha. They had better figure out that the fancy passes aren't going to get it done.

Yep, I was absolutely screaming to JUST F-IN SHOOT THE PUCK. This fancy-a$$ed bs is getting old.

There is simply no excuse for tonight. None. Period. :angry:

I don't care how hard Michigan Tech worked or how good their game plan was, they finished 10th in the WCHA for one very simple reason: They are not a good team. But when you don't show up for 40 minutes, get beat to every puck, give up an odd-man rush with 2 minutes left in the game that ends up in the back of the net, you get what you saw tonight. :glare:

I can't believe I am going to say this, but here it is: We are the underdogs for Game 3. Tech has confidence now (thanks to us) and we haven't looked all that impressive for several weeks now. There is a good chance we get beat tomorrow night and will then have to hope for an at-large bid to the NCAAs, where we'll probably get shipped out east someplace. And even if that happens, I don't see this team going very far. I hope I am wrong, but I have a sinking feeling that I am not. :sad:

Is it just me or are Rocco and Danny the only two guys who seem to be able to beat someone 1x1?

And your points are supposed to be your safety valves to maintain offensive pressure, I feel like when we kick it back to the point the pressure is done.

Our transition game is also really suffering...no speed and numbers coming up through the neutral zone.

Coaches gotta get the boys ready to play. Lose tomorrow, and the NCAAs are not a lock...

I have never seen a recent Sioux team at this time of the year with this much dead weight. When Tech takes it to you at home it's time to wonder. We fired the coach that seemed to have the passion and got absolutely no upgrade defensively - especially with the number of returners. Time for Hak to get it done! Picture this group next year without Knight, Kristo, and McWilliams.

There is simply no excuse for tonight. None. Period. :angry:

I don't care how hard Michigan Tech worked or how good their game plan was, they finished 10th in the WCHA for one very simple reason: They are not a good team. But when you don't show up for 40 minutes, get beat to every puck, give up an odd-man rush with 2 minutes left in the game that ends up in the back of the net, you get what you saw tonight. :glare:

I can't believe I am going to say this, but here it is: We are the underdogs for Game 3. Tech has confidence now (thanks to us) and we haven't looked all that impressive for several weeks now. There is a good chance we get beat tomorrow night and will then have to hope for an at-large bid to the NCAAs, where we'll probably get shipped out east someplace. And even if that happens, I don't see this team going very far. I hope I am wrong, but I have a sinking feeling that I am not. :sad:

Agreed. Tech has been the better team both nights. Would like to see a different team out there tomorrow. Definitely a disheartening past week of hockey for this team.

• Upvote 1