SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Seedings and Predicitions?

UNDsportsFANATIC

Who will play who? Any predicitions? What will the outcomes be?

UND will beat Weber State for the Championship; then make a Cinderella Story run though the NCAA Tourney beating Kentucky for the National Championship. Then in 20 years Disney will make a movie about. It will be awesome!

• Upvote 1

I can't decide who I would want us to play if we make it to the semi's. I honestly think we have a better shot at beating Montana than Weber but the downside of playing Montana is that it would be at Montana which would make things more difficult. We have just played Montana closer than Weber each time we played them.

I can't decide who I would want us to play if we make it to the semi's. I honestly think we have a better shot at beating Montana than Weber but the downside of playing Montana is that it would be at Montana which would make things more difficult. We have just played Montana closer than Weber each time we played them.

Plus Montana could be without Ward and Cherry.

After the first round, in previous BSC tournaments, the highest remaining seed would play the lowest remaining seed so........

# 1 Montana

BYE

#4 SUU

#5 MSU

#3 UND

#6 Sac State

#2 Weber

#7 UNC

The Second round could look like this

#1 Montana vs #4 Southern Utah

#2 Weber State vs #3 North Dakota

I don't think Montana is a lock to host the tournament. IMO, UND's best chance to play in the Big Sky Championship game would be in Provo. UND would need to get the #3 seed, beat #6, and then beat a Cherry-less, Ward-less, played-the-day-before Montana team in the semifinals on a neutral court. Just for icing on the cake, the #4/5 winner upsets Weber St., and UND beats #4/5 winner, which again, would be on a neutral court. :) Maybe not this year. But I'm pulling for a Grand Forks hosted Big Sky conference MBB tourney in 2014.

• Upvote 1

I don't think Montana is a lock to host the tournament. IMO, UND's best chance to play in the Big Sky Championship game would be in Provo. UND would need to get the #3 seed, beat #6, and then beat a Cherry-less, Ward-less, played-the-day-before Montana team in the semifinals on a neutral court. Just for icing on the cake, the #4/5 winner upsets Weber St., and UND beats #4/5 winner, which again, would be on a neutral court. :) Maybe not this year. But I'm pulling for a Grand Forks hosted Big Sky conference MBB tourney in 2014.

Ogden :glare:;)

• Upvote 1

My predictions

#1 Weber State (yes UM loses at either MSU or SUU, not both and Weber claims reg season)

Quarters

#2 Montana vs # 7 Montana State

#3 Southern Utah vs #6 Sacramento State

#4 North Dakota vs # 5 Northern Arizona (tough game to pick)

Semi's

#1 Weber State vs #4 North Dakota

# 2 Montana vs # 3 Southern Utah

Championship

#1 Weber State vs #2 Montana

Champion

Weber State

a little biased?...............maybe :whistling:

My predictions

#1 Weber State (yes UM loses at either MSU or SUU, not both and Weber claims reg season)

Quarters

Semi's

Championship

Champion

Weber State

I like our chances of being the 3 seed. SUU has Montana and Montana State at home then road games at Northern Colorado and then us. I'd say they would be lucky to go 2-2. We need a split this week with 2 rather tough road games since we struggled to beat these teams at home. Our home game against them will decide the 3 seed. Of course we need to be healthy these last 3 games and have not heard much about our injured players. Other than that its a rat race for the 1 seed and from 3-7 seeds.

My predictions

Quarters

Semi's

Championship

#4 North Dakota vs #2 Montana

Champion

North Dakota

FIFY! :D

My predictions

Quarters

Semi's

Championship

Champion

Weber State

Side note, your basketball stadium rocks!! Probably one of the best mid major stadiums I can think of. Definitely tops in the Big Sky. Now that I have talked up you awesome stadium...I hope UND cuts down the nets there this March!!

• Upvote 1

Side note, your basketball stadium rocks!! Probably one of the best mid major stadiums I can think of. Definitely tops in the Big Sky. Now that I have talked up you awesome stadium...I hope UND cuts down the nets there this March!!

I guess anything is possible. The last time we played Weber we were only down 3 at half and ended up losing by 15 . Only Schuler was in double digits and we shot poorly and turned the ball over alot. But, at Weber we got beat by 30+ so if we are going to play Weber in the finals I would prefer it be at Montana. Being in the championship game against anybody would be huge and on national tv.

Love the Dee, it usually gets around 5-7K which is half capacity, so it always looks empty but the fans make up for it with noise.

We have had 7K crowds make more noise than 10K+ crowds.

And it wouldn't be the first time an opposing team cut down the nets in our arena in march -enter face palm smiley here-

I guess anything is possible. The last time we played Weber we were only down 3 at half and ended up losing by 15 . Only Schuler was in double digits and we shot poorly and turned the ball over alot. But, at Weber we got beat by 30+ so if we are going to play Weber in the finals I would prefer it be at Montana. Being in the championship game against anybody would be huge and on national tv.

I think the teams goal this year is to make it to the Big Sky Championship game. After that anything can happen. The team has made babck to back conference tournament Championship runs the last two years. All be it the Great West Conference, but it seems we play our best basketball in March. Hopefully that trend continues.