SiouxSports.com Forum

Sacramento State Game on TV

MoSiouxFan

Halftime report from the game. Tied at 23 all. We are not looking good at all especially with Brekke on the bench most of the half again with foul trouble. We have no depth without Schuler and Archer and need them badly as well as Brekke staying out of foul trouble. Lets get them in the 2nd half.

Wow. The old saying a win is a win and thats what we needed and got. Honestly I would take another one just like it Saturday night without some key players and it really shows the importance of some players when they are injured and not in the lineup. Would be nice to finish the year with all the key players and see what happens.

Well, everything about that game was pretty ugly except for the final score! :)

Jamal Webb gets the game ball. Leads the Big Sky in steals, but his lone steal tonight will probably go down as the most significant defensive play of the regular season with around 5 seconds left in the game while up by 1!

It was not pretty basketball tonight, but again it was a team win. Eleven assists on the night for the Sioux. When these guys share the ball with each other, good things happen!

UND struggled at times with Sac's zone defense. Brekke and Wilmer were in foul trouble all night. We have no depth in the front court due to injury.

As ugly as it was, I think this is one of the better wins of the season. They perservered through not having Schuler or Archer at all. Brekke twisted his ankle, but fought through it after Wilmer fouled out. Anderson left the floor for awhile after taking a shot to the face.

Sac is decent and a poor matchup for us. Good win tonight! :)

Well, everything about that game was pretty ugly except for the final score! :)

Jamal Webb gets the game ball. Leads the Big Sky in steals, but his lone steal tonight will probably go down as the most significant defensive play of the regular season with around 5 seconds left in the game while up by 1!

It was not pretty basketball tonight, but again it was a team win. Eleven assists on the night for the Sioux. When these guys share the ball with each other, good things happen!

UND struggled at times with Sac's zone defense. Brekke and Wilmer were in foul trouble all night. We have no depth in the front court due to injury.

As ugly as it was, I think this is one of the better wins of the season. They perservered through not having Schuler or Archer at all. Brekke twisted his ankle, but fought through it after Wilmer fouled out. Anderson left the floor for awhile after taking a shot to the face.

Sac is decent and a poor matchup for us. Good win tonight! :)

True, everything was ugly but the WIN and honestly thats all that counts. With basically no depth you've got to get ugly wins like this. Saw Archer warming up but then did not dress so he must be close to returning. Hopefully Schuler is close to returning also.

Agree for some reason that team is a tough match up for us. I don't like being too critical but...we need Anderson to take more than 4 shots from the floor. Honestly, I'm not sure where he has been at the last 2 games, but he needs to continue to look for his shot. On the other side- say what you will about Allard, but he had 7 rebounds for us in the first half. All of them big. He needs to come to terms that he's not going to be a scorer from outside, but he's been doing alot of little things, he's a very good screener from the post, he keeps possessions alive with rebounding. He'll go to the floor for you. Despite being undersized he will give up a few baskets but he will play is butt off and make that guy work for his basket. Sac St, has become my least favorite team in the league. I will respect them for not deviating from their system to keep the score down, but it can make the game of basketball a little tough to watch. A win is a win. Biggest game for UND Men's Basketball at home in all long time--- coming up tomorrow. With it being one of the final 2 home games, we could really get to control our own destiny in the seeding with a win.

True, everything was ugly but the WIN and honestly thats all that counts. With basically no depth you've got to get ugly wins like this. Saw Archer warming up but then did not dress so he must be close to returning. Hopefully Schuler is close to returning also.

Archer could see some minutes on Saturday, per Hammer.

Agree for some reason that team is a tough match up for us. I don't like being too critical but...we need Anderson to take more than 4 shots from the floor. Honestly, I'm not sure where he has been at the last 2 games, but he needs to continue to look for his shot. On the other side- say what you will about Allard, but he had 7 rebounds for us in the first half. All of them big. He needs to come to terms that he's not going to be a scorer from outside, but he's been doing alot of little things, he's a very good screener from the post, he keeps possessions alive with rebounding. He'll go to the floor for you. Despite being undersized he will give up a few baskets but he will play is butt off and make that guy work for his basket. Sac St, has become my least favorite team in the league. I will respect them for not deviating from their system to keep the score down, but it can make the game of basketball a little tough to watch. A win is a win. Biggest game for UND Men's Basketball at home in all long time--- coming up tomorrow. With it being one of the final 2 home games, we could really get to control our own destiny in the seeding with a win.

I agree Anderson needs more than 4 shots but my concern is that I believe teams have figured out how to guard Anderson now that we are going thru the league twice. They are guarding him tighter on the outside cause with his height he can't shoot over anybody and they are really clogging the middle to eliminate his drives. Most of his scoring comes from layups and getting fouled while driving for a layup. Teams are taking this away from him kinda easily lately which is of concern. What I do like is that he is not forcing shots and getting more assists in finding an open man.