SiouxSports.com Forum

BYE week then the Home Stretch......

AZSIOUX

Gothberg has been a wall, the D overall on both ends has been much better!

Gothberg and co. have given up 5 goals in their last 4 games. That's lights out!

Forbort had a awesome weekend. Simpson solid as always.

5 min major pp was brutal Friday but still wore UNO down so thanks don Adam for once and probably the only time ill ever say that

Sitting 2nd and in good shape to get a top 3 finish which would be nice. or...maybe sneak in and make that last weekend interesting if they can stay hot.

Pairwise position much improved after the sweep. sitting 6th as of this minute.

Kristo, Knight and MacW are playing big time hockey right now. Macs block was just awesome hope Zane was getting back in the net. Kristo and HOBEYKNIGHTER are playing at a very high level along with Rocco. The speed of Danny and Rocco is very noticeable out there causing match up problems.

Hak has his lineup now for most part! A couple guys could interchange from the 3rd line but that's about it if anything. Week off then off to Denver to face George and the Gwozettes .

Series left for UND after this weeks bye

@Denver

BSU

@Mankato

A month to go then the march to the Burgh is on!

HOBEYKNIGHTER !!!

Top three finish is very likeable even with 8 or 9 points over the next six games. To hoist MaNaughton will require even more wins plus a Jan Brady letdown coupled with some setbacks for the Goofs. 1st round bye for St. Paul has to be the target now.

Great weekend, Sioux!

Denver split

Bemidji sweep

Purple Cows 3 pts

I might be incorrect but I don't think there's anything special about 3rd place anymore. I believe a top-2 finish is necessary to get a first round bye if you advance to the Final Five (unless one of the top-2 were to lose in the first round in which case the 3 seed would become the 2 seed in the Final Five if they advance).

I might be incorrect but I don't think there's anything special about 3rd place anymore. I believe a top-2 finish is necessary to get a first round bye if you advance to the Final Five (unless one of the top-2 were to lose in the first round in which case the 3 seed would become the 2 seed in the Final Five if they advance).

That's true, but if you look at the standings, there's quite a difference between the teams in 10th-12th versus 7th-9th. I'd much rather play Tech, BSU or UAA in the opening round than UMD or CC. Because of that, 3rd place is an absolute necessity. 2nd or 1st is just icing on the cake.

That's true, but if you look at the standings, there's quite a difference between the teams in 10th-12th versus 7th-9th. I'd much rather play Tech, BSU or UAA in the opening round than UMD or CC. Because of that, 3rd place is an absolute necessity. 2nd or 1st is just icing on the cake.

agreed. because if you can get out of that first round without having to play a third game it puts you in much better position if you have to play 3 in 3 at the final five.

Top three finish is very likeable even with 8 or 9 points over the next six games. To hoist MaNaughton will require even more wins plus a Jan Brady letdown coupled with some setbacks for the Goofs. 1st round bye for St. Paul has to be the target now.

Great weekend, Sioux!

Denver split

Bemidji sweep

Purple Cows 3 pts

I would love to see BSU get a sweep, I don't know if it's possible, I was listening to Scott and Moose's show yesterday and I don't know if they have even scored 2 goals per game recently during the second half of the season.

I would love to see BSU get a sweep, I don't know if it's possible, I was listening to Scott and Moose's show yesterday and I don't know if they have even scored 2 goals per game recently during the second half of the season.

Goon I think he meant the SIOUX split with dumver, sweep the beavs, then hope for at least 3 or 4 at the purple cows.

Go FIGHTING SIOUX!

Goon I think he meant the SIOUX split with dumver, sweep the beavs, then hope for at least 3 or 4 at the purple cows.

Go FIGHTING SIOUX!

never mind, I was thinking about this weekend, and the Beavers sweeping the Bulldogs. :lol:;)

Gothberg has been a wall, the D overall on both ends has been much better!

Gothberg and co. have given up 5 goals in their last 4 games. That's lights out!

Forbort had a awesome weekend. Simpson solid as always.

5 min major pp was brutal Friday but still wore UNO down so thanks don Adam for once and probably the only time ill ever say that

Sitting 2nd and in good shape to get a top 3 finish which would be nice. or...maybe sneak in and make that last weekend interesting if they can stay hot.

Pairwise position much improved after the sweep. sitting 6th as of this minute.

Kristo, Knight and MacW are playing big time hockey right now. Macs block was just awesome hope Zane was getting back in the net. Kristo and HOBEYKNIGHTER are playing at a very high level along with Rocco. The speed of Danny and Rocco is very noticeable out there causing match up problems.

Hak has his lineup now for most part! A couple guys could interchange from the 3rd line but that's about it if anything. Week off then off to Denver to face George and the Gwozettes .

All done despite the shoddy coaching of Dave Hakstol for sure!

:lol:

Coach Berry states that team has these priorities. First they want a top 6 finish for home ice, then top 2 for 1st round bye for final 5 and then the McNaughton Cup. I think out of all of these goals, the top 2 is the most important. It would be nice to not have the Thursday night game.

Coach Berry states that team has these priorities. First they want a top 6 finish for home ice, then top 2 for 1st round bye for final 5 and then the McNaughton Cup. I think out of all of these goals, the top 2 is the most important. It would be nice to not have the Thursday night game.

I would love to avoid that Thursday game but we'll need some help, it's all St. Cloud's and Minnesota's to lose right now, and looking at their schedule and ours one of them is going to have to tank a weekend for it to happen. We'll know a lot more after the weekend UND is @Denver and SCSU is @CC, if we get more points that weekend than SCSU we have a chance, if not it looks like a battle for 3rd.

All that UND can do is their own part. They can't worry about what the other teams do. They need to take this week off and make sure they are ready for the stretch run that will hopefully end in Pittstown with number 8.

Team is healthy, playing well, and in a good position in the conference and PWR, keep it rolling all the way to Pitt.

So I did my calculations and what I have come up with may be the safe picks, but I do believe it may happen. I am thinking that between UND, SCSU, and Minn. it will end up like this, SCSU with 37, UND 36 and UMN 34. Which would mean that every series is a split except UND against Beavers being a sweep.

I would like to think that Wisco can give UMN a series, but giving up a home game goes beyond comprehension to me and costs them 2 pts. I would like to think that MN will split with both the Bulldogs and Beavers. Every team in Minn. loves playing the goofs and brings their best just like with UND. I think that SCSU may have the toughest time holding to this split theory in CC. CC is playing great hockey right now. They have a 5 game unbeaten streak of their own going right now. In saying this, they may spring a surprise to the WCHA standings. If this happens, then UND may be a regular season champ.

WOW what an ending this will be to the WCHA as we know it.

So I did my calculations and what I have come up with may be the safe picks, but I do believe it may happen. I am thinking that between UND, SCSU, and Minn. it will end up like this, SCSU with 37, UND 36 and UMN 34. Which would mean that every series is a split except UND against Beavers being a sweep.

I would like to think that Wisco can give UMN a series, but giving up a home game goes beyond comprehension to me and costs them 2 pts. I would like to think that MN will split with both the Bulldogs and Beavers. Every team in Minn. loves playing the goofs and brings their best just like with UND. I think that SCSU may have the toughest time holding to this split theory in CC. CC is playing great hockey right now. They have a 5 game unbeaten streak of their own going right now. In saying this, they may spring a surprise to the WCHA standings. If this happens, then UND may be a regular season champ.

WOW what an ending this will be to the WCHA as we know it.

i like yours better...i came up with scsu,umn and und finishing with 38 points. I believe that would put us in third after tie breakers.