SiouxSports.com Forum

Where along I29 are you stuck today?!

Siouxperfan7

Sounds like the team bus is at Sisseton, I29 now closed from Watertown north.

Looks like road conditions continue to get worse all the way to GF, as the storm is now wrapping around and burying eastern ND.

No return until tomorrow afternoon would be my guess.

Pulled off at Sioux Falls, staying at the Comfort Inn for $70 (AARP rate). Lots of rooms still available and the desk clerk says he has had rowdy fans before. Also heard the AmericInn has a stranded motorist rate of $70.

Talked to many people and checked road and weather conditions. Does not make sense to go beyond Sioux Falls.

• Upvote 1

The heavy, wet snow is mostly North of here (Sioux Falls) Temps are now dropping below freezing, so roads from here North will be very slippery and blocked in places - and it will be dark before long.... so probably best to just find a place to stay and STOP NOW. When things open up, it won't make that much difference to be another hr or two North, just to risk getting stuck on the freeway or stuck in the last open town where there might not be rooms. Be safe everyone!

www.safetravelusa.com/sd/

now shows the freeway is closed just North of halfway between Sioux Falls and Brookings.... where there is literally no place to stay!

4:45 PM edit : I-29 now closed from Sioux Falls to Fargo with no travel advised North of Fargo

(also I-90 closed from Sioux Falls to the Black Hills)