SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

I don't want to use the term 'desperate' in describing the Wild's goaltending situation, but Wilbur's getting $500 and an authentic jersey with his NOB to suit up as the back-up for game 2.

For what it is worth I'm Wilbur's agent. My cut...a free souvenir cup/Diet Coke Friday night! Lobbied for an $8 dog to be thrown in...no go.

I honestly don't have a favorite NHL team; I just like to watch good games and the Stanley Cup playoffs are as good as sports ever gets. I like it when former UND players make it in the big leagues in any sport, but that doesn't change which teams I like or don't like. Like MafiaMan has said before, the emphasis on having UND players make it in the NHL is not necessarily good for the program when that becomes the focus instead of winning championships at the collegiate level. If it has to come down to a trade-off, I will take winning championships at the NCAA level over having a bunch of former UND players in the NHL. I guess we all have different opinions on that, which is okay.

For what it is worth I'm Wilbur's agent. My cut...a free souvenir cup/Diet Coke Friday night! Lobbied for an $8 dog to be thrown in...no go.

Wow! I called in a favor to a buddy and was told that while the Wild had to cut corners somewhere in order to pay a couple of $98 million salaries, they were able to fix this injustice somewhat by offering you a waffle cone. Beggars can't be choosers, right?

So you did it for a chick, I guess that works :). In all honesty I am not a bruins hater. I like the way their team is built. I also like some if their players a lot.

More like she facilitated the whole thing. I ended up going to game seven between the Boston Bruins and the New Jersey Devils at the Garden on May 14, 1988.

I was a Hawks fan before Minny had a team and still am. With that said Minny is first on the list followed by the Hawks. Would love to see the Wild knock off the champs but the goalie situation for the Wild is anything but ideal. If Bryz is the guy throughout they have a 5% chance of pulling it off.

I'm the same way, was young when there was no team in Minnesota and Chicago was the team I followed. When the Wild came back and being able to see every game of theirs and have so much exposure to them they went right back to being #1 for me. I agree I have no confidence at all in Bryzgalov and he is almost always out of position and shaky. There were definitely other mistakes too from the Wild but I thought Bryzgalov was again bad last night especially if you compare him to Crawford. Kane made a great rush for that 3rd goal but that is a shot that has to be stopped as there is nowhere else he can go with that and Brodin shoulda played it a lot better too. Also thought the first Hawks goal was kind of weak despite the deflection and the 2nd was a nice pass for the goal but Bryz shoulda at least been able to find the puck, nothing he could do about the 4th goal as Prosser just was lost in d zone coverage yet again and he is one I hope is scratched on Sunday.

One of the most famous (infamous?) series in NHL history. I'm envious.

Did you bring donuts?

I did watch that game on TV and it was weird watching replacement refs come in to ref that game.

How many current Wild fans here were former fans of the North Stars?

I was only born for a few years before they moved so I don't know how much of an actual fan you could say I was but my Dad had me watching the North Stars games and I'm a Wild fan now.

Any thoughts on where Tortorella will end up?

I don't know if he has to do anything. I heard on XM 211 that he's got four years at 2 Million a year... Sweet deal eh? it's like winning the lottery.

Who thinks Vanek will go to the Wild ?

I think he probably will but the bigger need is a defenseman, maybe someone like Niskanen. Maybe they have enough cap room for both but I would definitely rather have them get a top defenseman over Vanek.

I'm the same way, was young when there was no team in Minnesota and Chicago was the team I followed. When the Wild came back and being able to see every game of theirs and have so much exposure to them they went right back to being #1 for me. I agree I have no confidence at all in Bryzgalov and he is almost always out of position and shaky. There were definitely other mistakes too from the Wild but I thought Bryzgalov was again bad last night especially if you compare him to Crawford. Kane made a great rush for that 3rd goal but that is a shot that has to be stopped as there is nowhere else he can go with that and Brodin shoulda played it a lot better too. Also thought the first Hawks goal was kind of weak despite the deflection and the 2nd was a nice pass for the goal but Bryz shoulda at least been able to find the puck, nothing he could do about the 4th goal as Prosser just was lost in d zone coverage yet again and he is one I hope is scratched on Sunday.

FYI the second goal was unstoppable unless someone would have picked up Kane on the back door. I am no fan of bryz but what I am starting to see is that wild fans seem like to to find a reason why they lose rather than just accepting the fact they will lose games every so often. First it's the refs, then it's the goalie, what will be the excuse next time. Who knows. The blues gave the farm for miller and look at how that turned out. What mysterious goalie are wild fans looking for? If there is one hole it is the lack of top notch defenseman they have after suter. Brodin will be nice, spurgeon is a nice pp guy but overall they are thin. That's why they will most likely get bounced. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it playing out.

FYI the second goal was unstoppable unless someone would have picked up Kane on the back door. I am no fan of bryz but what I am starting to see is that wild fans seem like to to find a reason why they lose rather than just accepting the fact they will lose games every so often. First it's the refs, then it's the goalie, what will be the excuse next time. Who knows. The blues gave the farm for miller and look at how that turned out. What mysterious goalie are wild fans looking for? If there is one hole it is the lack of top notch defenseman they have after suter. Brodin will be nice, spurgeon is a nice pp guy but overall they are thin. That's why they will most likely get bounced. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it playing out.

The 2nd goal or the 4th goal? The 2nd was a nice pass but you gotta at least make the guy make a shot. Bryzgalov didn't even know where the puck was the save could have been made by a lot of goalies while the 4th was the Smith deflection to Kane alone on the backdoor because Prosser was lost and no goalie had a chance. I don't know why you say they keep making excuses when the things you brought up were facts. The reffing was horrible in the Colorado series and Bryzgalov isn't a very good goalie. I don't think anyone is talking about going out and getting a goalie they are just hoping that Kuemper or Harding can get back in there because that gives the Wild a much better chance to win. I do agree that they do lack a little bit on defense and that is why I've said their biggest need this offseason isn't a guy like Vanek it is a solid defenseman like Niskanen. The Wild played well enough to win except in the area that usually matters most and that is between the pipes.

The 2nd goal or the 4th goal? The 2nd was a nice pass but you gotta at least make the guy make a shot. Bryzgalov didn't even know where the puck was the save could have been made by a lot of goalies while the 4th was the Smith deflection to Kane alone on the backdoor because Prosser was lost and no goalie had a chance. I don't know why you say they keep making excuses when the things you brought up were facts. The reffing was horrible in the Colorado series and Bryzgalov isn't a very good goalie. I don't think anyone is talking about going out and getting a goalie they are just hoping that Kuemper or Harding can get back in there because that gives the Wild a much better chance to win. I do agree that they do lack a little bit on defense and that is why I've said their biggest need this offseason isn't a guy like Vanek it is a solid defenseman like Niskanen. The Wild played well enough to win except in the area that usually matters most and that is between the pipes.

I agree kuemper would give them a better chance to win. I was speaking about last nights game only. It is my opinion that bryz wasn't the reason they lost and that 3 of the four goals were definitely not his fault. The wild did play better but they didn't win....that happens. When the hawks got down 2 to the blues I thought it was most likely over. I really didn't blame the refs, or the goalie or anyone for that matter. I simply was thinking the blues are a really good team. To me living in the cities, it appears that there are tons of excuses being made when the wild lose. Maybe it was that the cards simply weren't in there favor rather than their goalie losing them the game. Who's knows it's just my opinion....that's all.

I agree kuemper would give them a better chance to win. I was speaking about last nights game only. It is my opinion that bryz wasn't the reason they lost and that 3 of the four goals were definitely not his fault. The wild did play better but they didn't win....that happens. When the hawks got down 2 to the blues I thought it was most likely over. I really didn't blame the refs, or the goalie or anyone for that matter. I simply was thinking the blues are a really good team. To me living in the cities, it appears that there are tons of excuses being made when the wild lose. Maybe it was that the cards simply weren't in there favor rather than their goalie losing them the game. Who's knows it's just my opinion....that's all.

I live in NW Minnesota so I don't have to hear that stuff from the cities media for every loss but I can imagine it would get sickening. I was really just talking about the reffing being bad in general both ways for most of the Colorado series and the only game that could really be blamed on it was game 6. As for the goaltending Bryzgalov just doesn't give me a lot of confidence as a Wild fan and its more because it looks like he plays with no confidence and is always out of position rather than some of the goals he has actually given up and who knows even with someone else in the net the Hawks still could have very well won game 1 I just know that the chances improve if Kuemper is in the net and it seems like the team plays much more confident in front of him as well.