SiouxSports.com Forum

Lucia speaks for Broten, Woog and Parise and saves the world

yababy8

I remember going to a DU/Minnesota series about 7 years or so ago at Magness and seeing a Gopher player-laying on his back-kick a DU player so hard with his skate, he cut through the guy's jersey and chest protector and drew blood. I'm definitely no DU fan, trust me, but my point is, I can cherry pick as much as the next guy and find examples of bad on-ice behavior as Gopher fans can.

That was Westrum and he was dirty. He got suspended a game for that I believe.

I remember going to a DU/Minnesota series about 7 years or so ago at Magness and seeing a Gopher player-laying on his back-kick a DU player so hard with his skate, he cut through the guy's jersey and chest protector and drew blood. I'm definitely no DU fan, trust me, but my point is, I can cherry pick as much as the next guy and find examples of bad on-ice behavior as Gopher fans can.

I bet a lot more.

How insulting is Don Lucia to his own fans by acting like he really wanted to schedule the Sioux but just couldn't because of the nickname. His players really enjoy playing out east. Really? How often did you schedule out east in the last 7 or 8 years? Honesty goes a long way, and I think Lucia has proven that he can't be upfront and just say what is in his mind-- he doesn't like UND, so he isn't scheduling them. And if Minnesota fans think that UND is going to agree to play in the Mariucci classic every year just to get to play them, they have another thing coming.

To me the definition of a "pussy" would be the biggest hack on UND(Blood) picking a fight with the smallest Gopher(Rau) during handshakes. Biggest pussy move I've seen in years.

I have a different definition of that word for you, going back to the 2010 Final Five when I parked in a ramp in St Paul. A car full of Gopher fans pulled in right next to me and had all kinds of nice comments for me as we walked in the ramp for a short time. After the championship game ended, I returned to my truck to find the entire right side keyed up and a giant dent by the wheel well along with white paint flakes (coincidentally the color of the 1990's hoopdie that had been parked next to me just before game-time). $500 out-of-pocket for me and $2500 out of State Farm's pocket later, my truck was as good as new. I suppose it's speculative to think the drunk morons wearing Gopher jerseys who parked right next to me would do such a thing...but if it was (and it wasn't likely an unhappy Denver or St Cloud fan), I would gladly refer to them as the 'biggest pussy move I've seen in years,' to use your words.

I have a different definition of that word for you, going back to the 2010 Final Five when I parked in a ramp in St Paul. A car full of Gopher fans pulled in right next to me and had all kinds of nice comments for me as we walked in the ramp for a short time. After the championship game ended, I returned to my truck to find the entire right side keyed up and a giant dent by the wheel well along with white paint flakes (coincidentally the color of the 1990's hoopdie that had been parked next to me just before game-time). $500 out-of-pocket for me and $2500 out of State Farm's pocket later, my truck was as good as new. I suppose it's speculative to think the drunk morons wearing Gopher jerseys who parked right next to me would do such a thing...but if it was (and it wasn't likely an unhappy Denver or St Cloud fan), I would gladly refer to them as the 'biggest pussy move I've seen in years,' to use your words.

That sucks. Douchebags will be douchebags regardless of what jersey they are wearing. Hope nothing like that happens to anyone this weekend.

Three UND cheerleaders are former students of mine, and to call these girls with literally less than 5% of body fat "Fat Cows" is unacceptable.

Why don't we leave the cheerleaders out of the comments. These girls are under enough scrutiny with hundreds of drunks trying to look up their skirts every time they perform.

This is stupid, lets call a spade a spade. He wanted to be able to play his sons team every year. So lets give up a rivalry for self satisfaction. I hope that the Irish clean their clocks every year.

You do realize schedules are made two years in advanced. When Minnesota and Notre Dame agreed to their schedule agreement Mario had NOT yet committed to play at Notre Dame.

You do realize schedules are made two years in advanced. When Minnesota and Notre Dame agreed to their schedule agreement Mario had NOT yet committed to play at Notre Dame.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest Don might have had a hunch his kid was going to Notre Dame before he actually officially committed...

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest Don might have had a hunch his kid was going to Notre Dame before he actually officially committed...

Daddy already had one son that went thru sky you mom and probably steered the kid to the catholic school. His former school mind you.

Who remembers Hak schooling Ben Hankinson at center ice?

At a blueline luncheon a few years ago Hakstol was asked about his fight with Ben Hankinson. He said "I got a few licks in on Ben and he got a few licks in on me, it was pretty much a draw, when we see each other now we laugh about it". They seem like they are pretty good friends . So, I guess Hakstol's interpretation is a little bit different from you saying "Hak schooled Ben Hankinson".

LMAO You're using Garth Snow as a source? Garth Snow? hahahahahaha

Yes, you're right, I'd say using Herb Brooks as a source would be better......Zach, go where they have the best program, best facilities, best coaching and best tradition.

Yes, you're right, I'd say using Herb Brooks as a source would be better......Zach, go where they have the best program, best facilities, best coaching and best tradition.

How'd that work out for ZP? Oh yeah, with UMN winning its second national title in a row and UND hanging no banners while he was there.

At a blueline luncheon a few years ago Hakstol was asked about his fight with Ben Hankinson. He said "I got a few licks in on Ben and he got a few licks in on me, it was pretty much a draw, when we see each other now we laugh about it". They seem like they are pretty good friends . So, I guess Hakstol's interpretation is a little bit different from you saying "Hak schooled Ben Hankinson".

So Hakstol was gracious and self depreciating at a Gopher Blue Line Luncheon.....weird.

How'd that work out for ZP? Oh yeah, with UMN winning its second national title in a row and UND hanging no banners while he was there.

And now all Minnesota will cheer on Zach as he scores goal after goal for the Wild. Who gets the last laugh, I think he's a UND Alum.

I don't know, seems to have worked out pretty good. He's not hurting for money and is pretty much the most popular guy in hockey in Minn.

I don't know, seems to have worked out pretty good. He's not hurting for money and is pretty much the most popular guy in hockey in Minn.

Great minds think alike

And now all Minnesota will cheer on Zach as he scores goal after goal for the Wild. Who gets the last laugh, I think he's a UND Alum.

I will agree with you both that I am very excited to have him on the Wild. Hell, I ordered a Parise Wild jersey in June before he even signed!

Three UND cheerleaders are former students of mine, and to call these girls with literally less than 5% of body fat "Fat Cows" is unacceptable.

Why don't we leave the cheerleaders out of the comments. These girls are under enough scrutiny with hundreds of drunks trying to look up their skirts every time they perform.

Thanks Wilber! Im a parent of one of these girls! Before college , a few of those girls spent up to two hours a day practicing their skill(sometimes 6 hours a day). A couple that I know of have international gold USFSA medals and national medals. So to be called names is nothing but extremely rude and unnecessary. Thanks for defending them!!!

They just all love their sport and the game of hockey!!!!!

I will agree with you both that I am very excited to have him on the Wild. Hell, I ordered a Parise Wild jersey in June before he even signed!

Priceless. Gopher fan who detested former Sioux Zach Parise now bucks out $250 for a jersey with his name on it.

• Upvote 1

Your right, Minnesota fans will cheer when Zach scores for the the Wild because he plays for the Wild not UND. Just like UND fans cheer for Mitch MacMillan now since he plays for UND not Saint Cloud State. Point is who cares who their previous team was, it is their current team they play for is all that matters.

It worked out great for Zach. He has a $100M contract added to the millions he made in New Jersey. So it was good that he listened when Herb Brooks said.....go where they have the best program, best coaching, best facility and best tradition.