SiouxSports.com Forum

NFL Playoffs 2013

jodcon

After Tony Romo authors another Cowboy season ending in flames, the playoff picture is now set...

AFC: 4:30 PM (ET) Cincinnati at Houston (NBC)

NFC: 8:00 PM (ET) Minnesota at Green Bay (NBC)

Sunday, January 6

AFC: 1:00 PM (ET) Indianapolis at Baltimore (CBS)

NFC: 4:30 PM (ET) Seattle at Washington (FOX)

Good to see 6 of the 12 playoff teams under the leadership of young QB's.

AFC is going to be a dogfight, NFC could see a Wild Card team sneak in for the 3rd year in a row.

After Tony Romo authors another Cowboy season ending in flames, the playoff picture is now set...

AFC: 4:30 PM (ET) Cincinnati at Houston (NBC)

NFC: 8:00 PM (ET) Minnesota at Green Bay (NBC)

Sunday, January 6

AFC: 1:00 PM (ET) Indianapolis at Baltimore (CBS)

NFC: 4:30 PM (ET) Seattle at Washington (FOX)

Good to see 6 of the 12 playoff teams under the leadership of young QB's.

AFC is going to be a dogfight, NFC could see a Wild Card team sneak in for the 3rd year in a row.

Who would have thought. With a rookie QB taking a very poor Indy team to the playoffs. They could be a very scary team in the playoffs.

Opening lines:

Houston -4-

GB -7-

Balt -6-

Seattle -2-

I like Cincy to win, GB to cover, Baltimore to cover and Washington to win.

Houston is in free fall mode.

GB at home...'nuf said.

Indy and Seattle are different team on the road.

I like Cincy to win, GB to cover, Baltimore to cover and Washington to win.

Houston is in free fall mode.

GB at home...'nuf said.

Indy and Seattle are different team on the road.

I think Houston will be pissed and win this one easily, then get drilled in the semis.

GB should cover...I can't see them giving up 200 yards to AP for the 3rd time this year...but the bet might be over, I see a 34-23 kind of game.

Baltimore should be able to slow down Indy with Lewis back, but if Luck can put them down Flacco has been known to choke...tough call but I might take Indy getting the points.

The last game is the most interesting, everybody is wondering if Seattle really is as good as they've played the last month or not...if they manhandle Washington on the road I will start to believe it. But as always, beware the home dog. Toss-up to me.

Woodson is cleared to play Sat. night. Cobb is still iffy. If AP runs for 150+ regardless of the outcome, I'll question the coaching ability of Capers. The offense is basically AP sprinked in a little Rudolph. Will be very disappointed if this game is within 10 points in the Packer's favor.

Woodson is cleared to play Sat. night. Cobb is still iffy. If AP runs for 150+ regardless of the outcome, I'll question the coaching ability of Capers. The offense is basically AP sprinked in a little Rudolph. Will be very disappointed if this game is within 10 points in the Packer's favor.

How bad are the DE's on the Packer D? How many times did AP slide to one side or the other after being stopped in the hole and run for big yardage.?

How bad are the DE's on the Packer D? How many times did AP slide to one side or the other after being stopped in the hole and run for big yardage.?

I counted 9 times AP was bottled up behind the line of scrimmage and still got 7+ yards.

Why did God make me a Vikings fan? Why does God hate me?

Oh, I'll watch the game. I'll wear my Vikings sweatshirt and cheer them on.

But, I expect nothing less than regret and disappointment. :sad:

There is something to be said for sticking with your team through good times and bad. I have been watching the Vikes since I was 6 or 7 years old and was old enough to understand the game. And I will continue supporting them, win or lose. That is the one thing I respect about Packer fans; they sell out that stadium whether they are 12-4 or 4-12. We need more of that from fans of the Purple. Go Vikings!!!

Funny story...

I was at Lambeau with my uncle, father, and my uncle's nephew (Michael) who has down syndrome for the 2002 Packers/Falcons playoff game where Vick went off. Anyways, it's the second quarter or so and we notice Michael drinking a can of beer. The only beer consumed by any of us to that point were the plastic cup tappers. We were like, "Michael, where the heck did you get that beer?!" He smiles and opens up his jacket where he has like 8 cans of beer stashed. We couldn't stop laughing since they check for stuff like that at the gates and he had never mentioned to us he had a bunch of beer. :lol:

As a GB fan, my take is Minny gave everything that had last Sunday. Was perfect storm for them. Got lead and held ball all 1st quarter. I just have a hard time believing Ponder best ARog in playoff game at Lambeau. Woodson and Cobb are playing. AP is wildcard...and if he gashes GB for 175+ again and Vikes win DC Capers needs to be looking for a new job. IMO one of 2 games will play out. GB blowout or Vikes win late likes last week. Will be at Ralph but will be keeping tabs.

GO PACK GO!

As a GB fan, my take is Minny gave everything that had last Sunday. Was perfect storm for them. Got lead and held ball all 1st quarter. I just have a hard time believing Ponder best ARog in playoff game at Lambeau. Woodson and Cobb are playing. AP is wildcard...and if he gashes GB for 175+ again and Vikes win DC Capers needs to be looking for a new job. IMO one of 2 games will play out. GB blowout or Vikes win late likes last week. Will be at Ralph but will be keeping tabs.

No doubt the Packers are the huge favorite, but Minnesota looked pretty competitive in Lambeau last time. In fact, Minnesota has done a pretty good job of stepping up against big opponents all year. Finally, the decreased temperature should favor the running team over the passing team, if it has any effect.

That said, I don't think AP is the wildcard, it's been pretty well demonstrated that GB is going to have trouble containing him. So, I think it comes down to Ponder. He's the one whose performance has been wildly unpredictable game to game. If Ponder can't establish enough of a threat that GB can just ignore Ponder and swarm AP, then it's over. If Ponder throws multiple picks like last visit to Lambeau, it would be pretty tough to win. But, if he can complete 7-yd passes and not turn the ball over, it's a winnable game.

In the other direction, the tale of two halves last week seemed to come down to whether Winfield was in play. I agree that Cobb could be a big factor in that regard, particularly if Vikes are fielding a weakened secondary; if Rodgers can reliably hook up with Cobb, the Vikes are in huge (i.e. blowout) trouble.

I agree though that the only winning game plan for Minnesota is score early then settle in and let the defense frustrate Rodgers. It's hard to imagine a big Minnesota comeback.

Ponder is a no go tonight...

Webb will start

Wouldn't have mattered...ARog threw for 205 in 1st half, punched in opening 2nd half drive "and there's your dagger "! Vikes had no answer defensively. Of course then the rest of the game as could have been predicted McCarthy goes ultra conservative w play calling knowing there is zero chance the Vikes put up 3 TD s in under 2 quarters of FB.

This week's opening lines:

NFC:

SF -3 over GB

ATL -2.5 over SEA

AFC:

DEN -9 over BALT

NE -9 over HOU

Giving 9 is a lot in a playoff game, but I think both AFC games will be blowouts...Flaco and Schaub stink.

I think both NFC games will be close. I like GB is ARog isn't on his back most of the game. ATL is soft and SEA beat the snot out of WASH.

Wouldn't have mattered...ARog threw for 205 in 1st half, punched in opening 2nd half drive "and there's your dagger "! Vikes had no answer defensively. Of course then the rest of the game as could have been predicted McCarthy goes ultra conservative w play calling knowing there is zero chance the Vikes put up 3 TD s in under 2 quarters of FB.

It was over after I saw Webb throw his second pass...I knew they would score little if any. Once GB realized they didn't have to respect the passing game it was over for Peterson too. Crappy way to go out but that's the breaks, now I REALLY wish Frazier would have let Webb play in a few of the blowout games, at least he would have had a little work going in.

Giving 9 is a lot in a playoff game, but I think both AFC games will be blowouts...Flaco and Schaub stink.

I think both NFC games will be close. I like GB is ARog isn't on his back most of the game. ATL is soft and SEA beat the snot out of WASH.

I agree with all that, I don't trust Atlanta from past experience but they do play well at home so we'll see if Wilson can do it again, the other game should be a great game, I like SF's chances better with Kaepernick and Gore might give GB trouble but the SF defense has not been as shutdown as they were last year and GB should be able to put some points on the board.

Wow did Denver piss their game away, get two special teams TD returns and 3 TD passes from Manning and lose in 2OT...Champ let Torrey Smith get behind him multiple times and then they let Jacoby Jones get behind them for a 70 yard TD with 31 seconds left to tie it...Manning must feel like he's back playing with his Indy defenses again.

In the nightcap Green Bay gets a pick 6 right off the bat but SF doesn't fold and comes back to lead 24-21 at halftime, then runs wild in the second half to win 45-31. GB defense wore out after halftime, SF had the ball almost the whole first half and it showed as the game went on. Kaepernick ran for 181 yards and 2 scores and Gore ran for another 119 and a score...it looked like AP all over again.

Please somebody beat NE now.