SiouxSports.com Forum

Pre Spring 2013 Team Outlook

geaux_sioux

I received pictures of the new lockerroom but do not know how to post them here. Looks very nice. Will be a nice improvement for the team. One interesting bit of trivia is that the shirt hooks are engraved with HOKA HEY. UND may have dropped the Sioux nickname, but the heritage lives on.

Hoka Hey (pronounced Hawka Hey) is from the Indian language of the Lakota Tribe and as used by Crazy Horse as a battle cry would have translated as “It’s a good day to die.” It was used to proclaim no fear of the future, or so to speak “bring it on.” In the Lakota’s everyday speech, HOKA HEY translated as “the best is yet to come.” We feel the best horses are yet to come and we are ready to face the challenge – so HOKA HEY.

• Upvote 2

I received pictures of the new lockerroom but do not know how to post them here. Looks very nice. Will be a nice improvement for the team. One interesting bit of trivia is that the shirt hooks are engraved with HOKA HEY. UND may have dropped the Sioux nickname, but the heritage lives on.

Hoka Hey (pronounced Hawka Hey) is from the Indian language of the Lakota Tribe and as used by Crazy Horse as a battle cry would have translated as “It’s a good day to die.” It was used to proclaim no fear of the future, or so to speak “bring it on.” In the Lakota’s everyday speech, HOKA HEY translated as “the best is yet to come.” We feel the best horses are yet to come and we are ready to face the challenge – so HOKA HEY.

Looking forward to some Ball

UND Sports Spring Football Preview

Spring Football Prospectus

Of note just glancing through the preview, Mackey will be moving to safety, Sparks will have a good shot at seeing increased playing time, Dustin Adams will be competing right away for playing time and surprisingly no mention of Mike Edwards. Haven't looked through the prospectus yet, but Tom Miller tweeted that Oliver (WR), Tuilagi (LB), Jablonski (LB), Andrews (LB), Kennedy (DB) and Hartung (DL) are no longer on the roster.

UND Sports Spring Football Preview

Spring Football Prospectus

Of note just glancing through the preview, Mackey will be moving to safety, Sparks will have a good shot at seeing increased playing time, Dustin Adams will be competing right away for playing time and surprisingly no mention of Mike Edwards. Haven't looked through the prospectus yet, but Tom Miller tweeted that Oliver (WR), Tuilagi (LB), Jablonski (LB), Andrews (LB), Kennedy (DB) and Hartung (DL) are no longer on the roster.

Ummm....your first link needs to be fixed.

Ummm....your first link needs to be fixed.

Fixed.

A few of the many that stick out:

If the prospectus is right, it shows that Mollberg has put on 37lbs going from 195 to 232 and it looks to be accurate. Wow. What a tank.

Dwayne Brown is up 18lbs

Labat and Coyle are both up 20lbs.

Meehan is down 12lbs and Walker is down 15lbs.

Damon Andrews had pretty good year as a freshman. Bummer to see him depart. Wasn't the Oliver kid at WR supposed to be pretty good also?

I think Oliver was supposed to be good, but that class had 3 good recievers with Golladay and Fletcher and now throw Robertson in as well. Granted Golladay is now a year ahead of him playing-wise. Still stinks to lose guys that have that kind of size. Wish him the best.

Anyone know why the guys who left the team did so? Seemed to me guys like Jablonski and Kennedy were getting some playing time, but certainly Damon Andrews was. And wasn't Tuilagi a big pickup for us? Maybe things just didn't work out for them, either academically or athletically...I guess those names are just kind of a surprise to me, especially give

Anyone know why the guys who left the team did so? Seemed to me guys like Jablonski and Kennedy were getting some playing time, but certainly Damon Andrews was. And wasn't Tuilagi a big pickup for us? Maybe things just didn't work out for them, either academically or athletically...I guess those names are just kind of a surprise to me, especially give

Andrews had too many concussions...

The other guys were fat that needed to be trimmed.

Tuilagi transferred to Southern Utah, he had family playing there.

I think the WR from Alaska should switch to DB so we could have all four guys with that last name in the secondary.

It'd be a Brown-out. :D

How easy would Hammer have the call... Brown is back in coverage.... and Brown with the tackle. :)

I noticed that they have a "Rover" position on the depth chart. Not sure if this means a major schematic change in the secondary.

The names "Rover" and "Flyer have been used throughout the years for the safety position on the UND Defense. "Rover" is the strong safety, "Flyer" is the free safety.