SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ St. Cloud - Saturday

AZSIOUX

Go Sioux :)

They were outplayed almost 2 of 3 periods tonight. Don adam was horrific as usual but it isn't the reason UND lost but seriously I cannot believe he will be head of officials in new league. He must know somebody.

Adam, as head of the officials, won't be on the ice, a big + for the Sioux. Any opponent has to want Don Adam to officiate ND games, it's the same thing over and over again.

Team wins on Friday, parties hard on Frday night, sucks it up on Saturday. Getting to be the norm so far this season.

You really think while staying in a hotel on a road series with no cars the team partied on Fri night??? Time for a new excuse....

• Upvote 2

Hey, if there are any young players out there that are thinking about coming to UND: Don't bother. You will get consistently screwed by the idiotic refs, even in your own barn. And your own fans will look the other way rather than risk being accused of making excuses. They'll even try to find reasons to blame you, rather than face the reality of the reffing situation.

you're welcome in advance for saving you the trouble.

Or you can hope things will change in the brand new conference, next year. We all just have to hope.

:) And now that some Kristos and Simpsons have decided to go elsewhere because of all that and we have some roster spots to fill, if there are any young players out there who like to pout and whine and who will give up when they get a bad call, come on over!

The rematch for this series will be intense, especially if SCSU gets a couple of its horses back and Parks is healthy.

Yet another saturday night turd. Saunders was leftout to dry time and time again. Sioux were caught out of position numerous times and obviously it cost them. SCSU showed their speed last night and they have plenty of it. They are a title contender especially when Hanowski comes back. Pretty simple for the Sioux. Play saturday night like it's a friday night and all will be well.

Prior to Friday everyone demanded a split, after Friday everyone demanded a sweep. Than after a split some of you think the sky is falling, pathetic!

The comment about saying the new recruits don't bother to come here because of officials, fans, etc....... Your a loser, stop claiming your a fan, because a fan would never post a comment like that!

Prior to Friday everyone demanded a split, after Friday everyone demanded a sweep. Than after a split some of you think the sky is falling, pathetic!

The comment about saying the new recruits don't bother to come here because of officials, fans, etc....... Your a loser, stop claiming your a fan, because a fan would never post a comment like that!

This seems like a personal attack.

anyway, you people that are attacking me are the losers. Stop claiming you're fans, because a fan would never turn their backs on their players, constantly, like you guys.

You guy are the first ones to change the subject and shift the blame to our players when someone points out how awful the refs are to us. You are obviously embarrassed by our team. Just come out and admit that you support Don Adam and Derek Shepherd over Jordan Schmaltz, Danny Kristo, Andrew MacWilliam etc.

Stop trying to act like you are totally unbiased and "above the fray". You guys should all be Gopher fans, because you have internalized and adopted all of their thought patterns in regards to the Sioux. I feel like I'm talking to Gopher fans with all the accusations flying at me and at UND players.

Yes the refs sucked.

Yes we were outplayed.

I can only wonder what would have happened if

1) The Sioux goal was called a goal, and

2) The 5 minute major was correctly called a 2 minute minor.

Momentum is important in a hockey game and these two incidents were a real buzz kill for Sioux momentum.

Call it "making excuses" or call it being a realist, it is what I think.

As a Sioux fan, I don't need to make excuses for the team. When they get outplayed, I admit it. But I have been sick and tired of bad officiating for years, and it does not seem to be getting any better. :(

It's time to start utilizing arguably their best player more. Rocco has to see more ice time. And absolutley needs to be on the 1st PP unit. I see what Hak was thinking when he put him on the 3rd line to spread the talent out. It just isn't working seeing a guy as talented as him getting as little playing time as he is.

I thought the 5 minute major was the proper call. He saw his numbers he should of backed off.

That would be fine if they called the hit on Simpson a 5 minute major, too.

The SCSU player saw his numbers, so he should've backed off, right?

-------------------------------

you obviously hate our team, if you think it's OK for SCSU, but not OK for UND.

More rumors and shame and blame directed at our players.

But, I'm a loser and don't deserve to be a fan. OK, got it. :silly::lol:

I agree that gfhockeys comments are stupid, but I refuse to respond to him, he is a joke. But I know you are a fan, but your comment was bad, and how do you change official calls now? I look at the weekend with the outcome of a split in a building that houses an obvious good team a good thing! How can you throw in the towel with that? Just like the NFL scab officials sucked, the good ones came back and guess what? They suck also! What do you do? I agree the officials suck, but you look at all my comments, I have not blamed our guys, the Sioux just got beat. But it is a victory for the weekend I believe! GO SIOUX!

Wow, thought I would check out the forum after the game. More whining than gopher fans. Just a couple of points from a different viewpoint. I also think officiating is bad in the WCHA, always has been, probably the nature of the game, but I do think they are evenly bad to all teams. Last nights games no different, the trip and dive call was as bad as the friday night crosscheck and dive on Morley. I hate dive calls, too subjective. By the way, Adam did not call the dive in question last night, he called the trip but the other blind guy called the dive. Happened right in front of me, also the earlier trip right in front of Adam on a SCSU player, that was somehow not called. Adam actually went right over to Motzko as play stopped to somehow explain, can't wait to hear that one. I thought UND played better Fri. night and SCSU played better last night. Passit must be a new fan because he certainly doesn't seem to understand the game. Just my opinion.

Wow, thought I would check out the forum after the game. More whining than gopher fans. Just a couple of points from a different viewpoint. I also think officiating is bad in the WCHA, always has been, probably the nature of the game, but I do think they are evenly bad to all teams. Last nights games no different, the trip and dive call was as bad as the friday night crosscheck and dive on Morley. I hate dive calls, too subjective. By the way, Adam did not call the dive in question last night, he called the trip but the other blind guy called the dive. Happened right in front of me, also the earlier trip right in front of Adam on a SCSU player, that was somehow not called. Adam actually went right over to Motzko as play stopped to somehow explain, can't wait to hear that one. I thought UND played better Fri. night and SCSU played better last night. Passit must be a new fan because he certainly doesn't seem to understand the game. Just my opinion.

So lets go to the more important calls. Obvious cfb's by Huskies, 1 Friday, 1 Saturday, not called. Obvious cfb on the Sioux, called. Only Adam can make this stuff up as he goes, and when the Sioux are involved, it favors the opponent, 100% of the time.

Yeah we heard you the first 500 times.

The reffing was terrible last night but if you think that's the only reason we lost you better watch it again, they outskated us badly, and it has happened every Saturday this season so there needs to be some kind of adjustment made.

Don't call people out for being bad fans because they state obvious things, for whatever reason we have played poorly on Saturday nights this year, that is a fact.

So lets go to the more important calls. Obvious cfb's by Huskies, 1 Friday, 1 Saturday, not called. Obvious cfb on the Sioux, called. Only Adam can make this stuff up as he goes, and when the Sioux are involved, it favors the opponent, 100% of the time.

Every fan says they get screwed 100% of the time. They can't all be right. It happens both ways, just not every night or week end.

Yes the refs sucked.

Yes we were outplayed.

I can only wonder what would have happened if

1) The Sioux goal was called a goal, and

2) The 5 minute major was correctly called a 2 minute minor.

Momentum is important in a hockey game and these two incidents were a real buzz kill for Sioux momentum.

Call it "making excuses" or call it being a realist, it is what I think.

As a Sioux fan, I don't need to make excuses for the team. When they get outplayed, I admit it. But I have been sick and tired of bad officiating for years, and it does not seem to be getting any better. :(

We scored pretty quickly after the Pattyn shot review, so I'm not sure how the momentum would've changed there.

Now, as for the major, to UND's credit they did kill it off, and if they could've kept SCSU off the board shortly thereafter who knows how much momentum UND would've gained (and SCSU would've lost). It could've been a completely different game if we could've held them off and got a clear after the major expired.

That would be fine if they called the hit on Simpson a 5 minute major, too.

The SCSU player saw his numbers, so he should've backed off, right?

-------------------------------

you obviously hate our team, if you think it's OK for SCSU, but not OK for UND.

I didn't see that hit so I can't comment on it. Only commented on what I saw.And who the hell are you to tell me I hate the Sioux. Wow.

Yeah we heard you the first 500 times.

The reffing was terrible last night but if you think that's the only reason we lost you better watch it again, they outskated us badly, and it has happened every Saturday this season so there needs to be some kind of adjustment made.

Don't call people out for being bad fans because they state obvious things, for whatever reason we have played poorly on Saturday nights this year, that is a fact.

1st bolded sentence is a straw-man argument. Show me where I made that argument, please. If you were actually paying attention, you would find that I said that we looked sloppy and flat, last night.

Second bolded sentence: Tell that to the people that are attacking me for stating the obvious about Don Adam.

Oh and the accusation that I must not know anything about hockey, because I have a different opinion: It's true that I don't know as much about it as some people, but I think I picked up a few things from playing it and watching it all my life, since I was 7. The better part of 20 years... (btw, thanks to my fellow Sioux fans that joined in with the St. Cloud fan "Huskie" in questioning my knowledge of hockey. You guys always eat your own, don't you? Whether it's fellow Sioux fans or UND hockey players.)

You guys are proving to be the people that can't tolerate a different opinion, not me.

We scored pretty quickly after the Pattyn shot review, so I'm not sure how the momentum would've changed there.

Now, as for the major, to UND's credit they did kill it off, and if they could've kept SCSU off the board shortly thereafter who knows how much momentum UND would've gained (and SCSU would've lost). It could've been a completely different game if we could've held them off and got a clear after the major expired.

welp. it would have been 2-0